Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sahar Sarid's domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
..multibillion company that supposedly refused to pay 300k for one of Sahar's domains and instead opted for regfee option is considered clueless by the likes of you. And yes, those Dallas Cowboys are morons for failing to shell out 300k for something they don't need.

It should have been clear to you if you read these posts the way they are supposed to be read.

Well, either way, you still fail to grasp why a generic name like Cowboys.com is worth $275k to the Dallas Cowboys, despite the fairly clear figures, so what's your point? Bottom line - you're still here criticizing people and I'm getting richer while you do it. Who's the idiot?

Domain Summit 2024

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you still fail to grasp why a generic name like Cowboys.com is worth $275k to the Dallas Cowboys

It looks like I am not the only one that fails to grasp that fact. I mean how do you expect me to grasp "that", when Dallas Cowboys themselves can't grasp it. Really?

You and your generic-pushing buddies have no concept of "big money thinking". Dallas Cowboys (and other big money brands) don't care about something that isn't inherently ingrained in their mythology, or brand. Big money doesn't care about leaving something on their table, because they are swimming in the opportunities as-is, and have a hard time of keeping up with all the people who want to put money in their pockets. So they have no real incentive to fight an arm and a leg for every financial scrap they could possibly get, precisely because they are too large to care. They are big enough to die in the toxic fumes of their own fart if you know what I mean.

Your philosophy is only valid to thinking small businesses or enterpreneuers looking for an extra edge. And even that in the current America of spending easy money simply isn't enough. You know how long it took me to find a small contractor to do a little decorating work in my house. Never mind that my budget was $7,000, as soon as they heard they decided it wasn't worth their while. And these are mom and pop little dinky operations that employ couple of illegal immigrants and pay them $8 an hour. Hey man, these people are so swamped with calls and similar requests that they ignore $7,000 two-day jobs just because they can.

Imagine any multi-billion dollar company. They are so big and lost that they can't do anything about the small detaile, even if the small detail often trimes reveal a big picture about them. For example, their customer service that represent their brand in the store. A true capitalists that follows the mantra that every lost customer (for whatever reason) is a lost revenue would be horrified with the facts that some of these reps that represent these big brands are so rude, lazy, unknowledgeable that they alone make many people leave the store in frustration. When people leave the store in frustration that's a lost revenue not only that day, but pootentially for another day, a long time, even in some cases forever. Of course that is a big no-no in the eyes of any corporate CEO and any Wall Street investors. Yet, they can't do anything about it, because they are so big, and swamped, that no matter if they lose some customers, they will still get other customers.

Just the other day I phoned a company to inquire as a customer about something. They immediately put me on hold for 15 minutes, without even getting my inquiry first. See what I am talking about? The CEO or whatever manager of that company would ORDINARILY be horrified to know that the first treatment his business offers to his potential customers is to place them on hold for 15 minutes. But that's an idelaistic "business school" thinking. In real life that's not how things work in big money America. Multibillion dollar companies are too huge to notice the questionable sweet difference you and the likes are offering to them. And that is even if you are right. The point is not that 300k is nothing to a multibillion dollar company. In the two cases we talked about it obviously is. The point is that they could live and do great business just fine and dandy without your offerings.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It takes a dozen of you to pool your resurces together and spread out the risk involved in getting something so surely amazing that it's a miracle of nature that others still just "don't get it". And you did it only to capture the nationwide attention for your cause.

You're wrong here. I bid on cowboys.com. I wanted it all to myself. I then capitulated to the group because of all the excitement generated by the group. The only one to get nationwide attention was Eric Rice. I'm not sure if he mentioned a cause.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You're wrong here. I bid on cowboys.com. I wanted it all to myself. I then capitulated to the group because of all the excitement generated by the group. The only one to get nationwide attention was Eric Rice. I'm not sure if he mentioned a cause.

Are you Anything.com portfolio owner by chance? If you are my hat's off to you.

Anyway, in all the press that I read about that case it was all about how group of Internet mavericks "lassoed" something that Dallas Cowboys didn't want in the first place for 13 or so odd years of commercial Internet existence (or second place, when they decided that paying more than 275 bucks for this domain is unnecessary for their bottom line). It was a classic PR stunt, a kind that is increasing in frequency in the "domain industry" these days.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would have gladly paid $300k but when I called in to make my bid I was put on hold for 15 minutes :phone:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you Anything.com portfolio owner by chance? If you are my hat's off to you.

Nope, but you can take your hat off to me anyway. :)

It was a classic PR stunt, a kind that is increasing in frequency in the "domain industry" these days.

It was a group of guys (that's right, all guy's club :)) that saw value in the name and wanted a piece of the action.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you are my hat's off to you.

Why can't we take our hats off to you, what does your portfolio consist of, show me yours via PM or here in the thread and I'll show you mine. I am extrmely curious what someone like yourself has, it would lay a back drop for the whole thing...

1. You yourself have an incredible portfolio but much like Howard Hughes shun the spotlight !
2. You have jack shit and are just a bitter bitter bitter and potentially hairy individual.

1 or 2 ?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It was a group of guys (that's right, all guy's club :)) that saw value in the name and wanted a piece of the action.

The crucial difference is that originally they weren't seeing anything in it to really win the bid in the first place. They wanted piece of action only AFTER they learned that the Dallas Cowboys were the highest previous bidders, and especially after Dallas reneged on their bid. It all suddenly dawned to this "all guy's club" that it's a perfect opportunity to teach these hicks from Dallas a public lesson in 21st century business. Their sphinkters opened, dicks hardened, and ego's mushroomed. It was another classic rising straight out of what amateur psychologists would call an "Air Katrina" syndrom.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And long fingernails.

and perhaps he saves his excrement :lol:

The only way you joined so many years ago and havent been prosperous in this business is one of the following...

You were a young kid or adult, joined, had no money and watched the domain world pass you buy....or you did join, invested in all the wrong stuff and still do after several years and didnt learn a damn thing...or no wait thats it, no money or money but wrong choices . Considering the vast multiples in domain values that have occured in the past several years you could have paid over reseller and within a year or two made a profit. Only you can answer these mind boggling questions. Personally I think youre holding out and have a nice portfolio but just do not care to share. I say if someone like yourself is spewing all this shit they should put up or shut up !!! Wait thats why you started this thread, hello pot meet the kettle.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The crucial difference is that they wanted peiece of action only AFTER they learned that the Dallas Cowboys were the highest previous bidders, and especially after Dallas reneged on their bid. It all suddenly dawn to this "all guy's club" :)) that it's a perfect opportunity to teach these hicks from Dallas a public lesson in 21st century business. Their sphinkters opened, dicks hardened, and ego's mushroomed. It was another classic rising straight out of what amateur psychologists would call an "Air Katrina" syndrom.

I can't speak for the other guys but for me personally when I first heard the Dallas Cowboys got cowboys.com for $275K I thought they got a steal. I wasn't at the auction so I didn't even know it was in the auction. Then I heard they backed out and it would be pushed to silent. I first thought $275K was a steal for only the Dallas Cowboys. Then the name started growing on me. A bunch of guys pointing out the positives helped.
I don't think any of the guys in the group contributed to "teach these hicks from Dallas a public lesson in 21st century business".

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The only way you joined so many years ago and havent been prosperous in this business is one of the following...

You were a young kid or adult, joined, had no money and watched the domain world pass you buy....or you did join, invested in all the wrong stuff and still do after several years and didnt learn a damn thing...or no wait thats it, no money or money but wrong choices . Considering the vast multiples in domain values that have occured in the past several years you could have paid over reseller and within a year or two made a profit. Only you can answer these mind boggling questions.

Again and again, the point is not about the level of my success despite how hard you and alike are trying to make it seem that way. The point is that there is a need for the existence of various diverse opinions on the subject matters considered important in the "domain industry".

It is unhealthy to have only one "picture", especially when that picture is completely contradictory with itself.

And I didn't want to even talk about that. All I asked was to see a few domains from this guy's portfolio (predictably, not a single PM came)

I seem unable to even ask a question anymore without 10 pages of responses. Now either I am providing an invaluable service to the community, or I am hitting some nerves and egos. Either way it's fine because it tells me I am onto something (now all of you haters of mine roll your eyes :rolleyes: because if I wasn't, not so many people would find this so interesting. As you know it from Marketing 101 - market's indifference is the biggest culprit against your product.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see it this way...

You asked to see his names why ? To see if he is justified in handing out knowledge, wisdom and being paraded a guru and HOFer. That is perfectly fine, some us want the " whole picture " before mindlessly taking things in, understandable.

What I am saying is since you have no problem rattling off your own doctrine then I wish to know what qualifies you. Show me your " whole picture " and help me see why or why not one once of what you parade is worth it to me.

What I am asking you now is no different then why it was you wanted to know his portfolio. If you have a great portfolio and massed a huge revenue or generic empire behind the curtain , great. You must also have alot of insight and experience, share it and then maybe we can take what you say as more then a bitter old man spewing off.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am extrmely curious what someone like yourself has

Let me guess this straight, you are curious to see what you and others refere to as "some shithead" like me has, but I am not supposed to be curious to know what some wise domain messiah and in Frank's words "almost certainly" a future "domain billionaire" has?

Man you got your priorities all upside down. Yet another contradictory in the long line of contradictories among the public evangelists of this "industry".

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let me guess this straight, you are curious to see what you and others refere to as "some shithead" like me has, but I am not supposed to be curious to know what some wise domain messiah and in Frank's words "almost certainly" a future "domain billionaire" has?

Man you got your priorities all upside down. Yet another contradictory in the long line of contradictories among the public evangelists of this "industry".

Read my reply closer I agreed with you being curious but the problem is you dance a dance yourself. Therefore you up to this point are a hypocrite. I am now quoting myself ...

You asked to see his names why ? To see if he is justified in handing out knowledge, wisdom and being paraded a guru and HOFer. That is perfectly fine, some us want the " whole picture " before mindlessly taking things in, understandable.

and I have never called you a shithead.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL, the last thread like this ended with members using Frank Schilling's prostate as a tool for insult. A few domainers sphincters have now hit the table here in this thread.

Gotta love the DNForum! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I see it this way...

So if its understandable, how come the silence is so deafening?

What I am saying is since you have no problem rattling off your own doctrine then I wish to know what qualifies you.

I don't offer doctrine. I don't provide ideology. I am not outthere in blogosphere offering anything. I am not in "industry trades". I don't provide fake photo-op smiles standing next to my hoes, pimps or sugar daddies. I don't pose for pictures next to fancy rented cars. I don't come up with, issue or accept "get it awards".

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't offer doctrine. I don't provide ideology. I am not outthere in blogosphere offering anything. I am not in "industry trades". I don't provide fake photo-op smiles standing next to my hoes, pimps or sugar daddies. I don't pose for pictures next to fancy rented cars. I don't issue or accept "get it awards".

How do we know any of this is true? For all we know you could be Rick Schwartz.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So if its understandable, how come the silence is so deafening?

I don't offer doctrine. I don't provide ideology. I am not outthere in blogosphere offering anything. I am not in "industry trades". I don't smile standing next to my pimps or sugar daddies. I don't pose for pictures next to fancy rented cars. I don't issue or accept "get it awards".

Deafening, perhaps but that is not the answer to my question. What experience and success or failures qualify you ?

Sugar daddy photo op's, cars, women or HOF inductions, no different then the hermit, super secret man who hides behind a curtain and avoids cameras and maybe even the opposite sex. Just because one is flash and the other dull and secretive they are both approaches and both an ideology . So humble little me routine I do not fall for the least bit. The discussion is over for me unless you can explain why it is you have the knowledge yourself to pass judgement. I am in no way saying I disagree with you but your privacy act is growing old and quite frankly fast cars and women are more entertaining, your losing the crowd by not coming out. JMO

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ust because one is flash and the other dull and secretive they are both approaches and both an ideology.

You need to learn what ideology is.

Ideology is coming up with something called "They Get it Award".

Ideology is not pointing that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators