Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sahar Sarid's domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember the day many years ago (Dec 2000?) that GreatDomains.com opened what I think was the Internet's first Domain Chat Room. On that day there were many of today's very successful domainers present.... and Sahar was one of them. I'm sure not all of the people on that board became successful, but a whole lot of them did!

Sahar didn't just talk about it, he did it. I learned a lot from Sahar then, and still do.

Domain Summit 2024

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's sometimes a bit acid...

Yeah I do sound acidy sometime, don't I? But they provide a balance since they are syrupy. Put the two together and you get a cocktail.

Anyway, my blog won't be acidy. Nothing like this at all. And I won't have any boring (zzzzz) info that for the gazzilionth time defines what "direct navigation" is or that talks about the real value of customer leads and what not. No man, my blog will be for thinkers, not idiots.

I learned a lot from Sahar then, and still do.

Mind sharing some details on that? Is it something to the nature of the necessity of indebting yourself up to your neck by borrowing other people's money to pay for a bunch of six figure one-word generics in the aftermarket, and building your "verticals" around them? That is fine, but that is also entrance into the online business development side which is getting out of realm of pure domaining.

You know, I'd like to like Sahar, and I'm sure he'd charmed me over in a heartbeat have I to meet with him for five minutes on a sunny day. But there's something that bothers me not only about the lack of his forthcomings, but also about the contents of his forthcomings. I already commented about the lack of originality in his childhood dreams of making lots of money, but these latest statemnts also sound a bit strange. He mentions how his big motivation is a desire to be better than his competition (fair enough, a typoical canned quote from a successful American business alpha male). But then he goes further and talks something to the tune of how he sometimes sees someone who is more successful than him, and he starts thinking of him (the other guy) as living his (Sahar's) "dream life". And he can't stand that.

I don't know about you but I find something uneasy in statements like this. To me that doesn't sound like somone with a healthy professionally competitive spirit, but someone who's life force is driven be a disturbing jealousy.

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No Joke Newsflash Here - PM ME IF YOU WANT TO BE NOTIFIED AT THE LAUNCH OF MY UPCOMING BLOG!

hmm...another blogger.
I haven't been following all posts. Are you serious or is this sarcasm?

Coinciding with bonkers' retirement from auctions he installed wordpress on his FirstnameLastname.com - seems to be a huge trend. :)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmm...another blogger.
I haven't been following all posts. Are you serious or is this sarcasm?

Why not? No requirements. What's another cheerleader in a domain blogosphere? Deep down inside I always wanted to flash my panties publicly doing forward somersault in front of the crowd. :lol:

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Deep down inside I always wanted to flash my panties publicly doing forward somersault in front of the crowd. :lol:

lol

I had a moderately popular blog in 2004/5 - luckily it was anonymous (and totally unrelated to domains). I quit when a female reader replied with personal comments to every single post. Yet it was flattering in a way, and interesting while it lasted. There are millions of wannabe minions, sycophants and stalkers out there. Have fun :)

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...Mind sharing some details on that? Is it something to the nature of the necessity of buying expensive one-word generics in the aftermarket, and building your "verticals" around them?

Actually, as I said in an earlier post, threads like this are a waste of valuable time. You may have it to waste, but I don't. I've said what I wanted to say; time to get back to building my business.

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So this is a promise to take your mask off and share who you are and what you have done ? Looking forward to it, I still say you are a player ;)

c'mon JP, this guys is so full of BS it's unbelievable. He is well written with absolutely no substance. I very seriously doubt he's a player, unless it's in his own mind...he';s feeding on this!

DUMP the Kool Aid!

:clap2::laugh::faint::painkiller::crutch::wacko::wacko::wacko::croc::popcorn:

My English professor would have given this guy a B+ at best...:second:

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, as I said in an earlier post, threads like this are a waste of valuable time. You may have it to waste, but I don't. I've said what I wanted to say; time to get back to building my business.

Typical. A brown-nosed snip here and there, and then a "bailout" on the discussion. Wonder how come you could afford to waste even those few seconds of time to glorify your "bud" (without intending to provide any further corraboration on your quite specific claim/statement)

Anyway it doesn't really matter. This is going nowhere.

"Domain Industry" is actually a fairly tight bunch of consisiting of various back patters and mutual ass kissers out to control and cultivate the "ideological" message surrounding their investments while hoping to excercise the "greater fool" theory. Exceptions are rare and meaningless in the greater scheme of things.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
c'mon JP, this guys is so full of BS it's unbelievable. He is well written with absolutely no substance. I very seriously doubt he's a player, unless it's in his own mind...he';s feeding on this!

DUMP the Kool Aid!

:clap2::laugh::faint::painkiller::crutch::wacko::wacko::wacko::croc::popcorn:

My English professor would have given this guy a B+ at best...:second:

I dont know the blurry avatar is very convincing .

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My hunch was correct. You lack balls.

You know who lacks balls? Sahar does. How else can we characterize someone who sends his personal messenger to sort of answer my simple question? Whatever happened in answering the question yourself? We know that he probably ego surfs to any mention of his name and within seconds he is there, but not here. We know that he refreshed this page more than anyone here, but still nothing.

And unrelated specifically to that, but...

What is that bullshit about celebrity domainers not buying domains on forums? None of them buy it. Check it out, how many public celebrity domainers that were featured in these trade articles, actually buy domains on forums?

And what is that bullshit about these relatively deep pocketed domainers (like Fearless and Beachie) that do buy domains here, but they never make offers?

Why do celebrity domainers never buy in forums, and why other deep pocketed domainers that buy in forums don't make offers? Did somebody wrote that code of conduct that everyone follows so blindly? I mean where's the wisdom in that? Can someone pass me that pamphlet, I'd like to read it please.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sahar sarid is a multi millionaire

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know who lacks balls? Sahar does. How else can we characterize someone who sends his personal messenger to sort of answer my simple question?

Why don't you show some respect and ask him directly, instead of posting on here like a rude fÆ°ckwit.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But does he (Sahar) smoke weed...that is the real important question at hand here people..

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why do celebrity domainers never buy in forums, and why other deep pocketed domainers that buy in forums don't make offers?

How do you know that they dont? the sales I had were by PM.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The mere fact that a newcomer to the US materialized the "American Dream" on his own terms, earns Sarid my respect.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But does he (Sahar) smoke weed...that is the real important question at hand here people..

No he doesn't.

Why don't you show some respect and ask him directly, instead of posting on here like a rude fÆ°ckwit.

Why do I have to show him a respect, when he isn't transparent in his business (apparently tens of thousands of domains, but only a half dozen known to a general public like me?) Is it just because you or DnJournal or Frank tell me to? Again the issue is not Sahar personally, but that old totalitarian idea that I have to show a respect to whomever I am told by this self-appointed elite, and the elite's eunuch gatekeepers.

Sahar sarid is a multi millionaire

That may or may not mean something, but it doesn't automatically mean anything. Scott Day is a millionaire, but so is John Zuccarini. Al Gore is a millionaire, but so is that dictator from North Korea.

Again this predictably is going nowhere.

Whatever.

D

Deleted member 78222

I havn't read all the posts but youre doing a hell of good job creating interest in his portfolio. Do you work for him?

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I havn't read all the posts but youre doing a hell of good job creating interest in his portfolio. Do you work for him?

Maybe I outta :lol: (I work for myself, creative thinkers of my kind are ill served working for others)

But no, Sahar is a savvy businessman (I was told that by the elite), so he knows that one of the best things you can get when you are just starting your own "brand" is a free publicity. The more someone repeats his brand, the bigger the brand gets. Remember even when the substance is there, it's still about the perception, because hightened perception is always larger than the sum of the actual parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators