Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sahar Sarid's domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do we know any of this is true? For all we know you could be Rick Schwartz.

I think it's Adam Dicker just airing out the closet! :lol::lol:

...just kidding Adam. :D

Domain Summit 2024

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You need to learn what ideology is.

Ideology is coming up with something called "They Get it Award".

Ideology is not pointing that out.

So there is no message or message they wish to convey in their display ?

At any rate after my last reply the best you have is a fight on the definition of a word. Glad you decided not finally see you had to put up or shut up... and with that I leave you with my favorite quote of the thread, look familiar ?
how come the silence is so deafening?

Until you give up name and portfolio I could hear a pin drop.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys org is rich beyond belief. To put it in a crude analogy. They make all the money being naked. Some domainers offered them a suit. They balked. The domain industry wondered why.

The Dallas Cowboys are perfectly happy being naked. Folks come to see them regardless. They don't need the suit no matter how much we cringe at their decision to not buy the suit.

They don't care. They don't see any losses or missed opportunity. Only the domain industry at large does.

The Dallas Cowboys is not a Madison ave corporation. They don't need to spend millions to advertise in the Super Bowl. If they do what they do best, they are THE super bowl.

We domainers think like those insurance salesmen. They always wonder, how can not people know why life insurance is good for them? Well, it may be good, but not everyone will buy. They are happy just being alive....

Well, not a very enlightening post. But you get the idea.....

Sasquatch brings up issues that are not openly discussed perhaps for fear of ridicule.

If the Dallas Cowboys org reads this thread where domainers are complaining about missed opportunities, they will laugh their ass off. Sure, Cowboys.com will add luster to their brand. What is laughable is that some group of investors think they can monetize the domain into profits in exchange for what they paid for. Please!

Those potential investors do not realize that by rejecting the bid offer, it immediately took away the most bankable buyer for the name. Besides investors, which company will now bid for Cowboys.com at that price???

That remains to be seen....

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is laughable is that some group of investors think they can monetize the domain into profits in exchange for what they paid for. Please!

It's a contagious syndrome rich guys get, called everything I touch turns to gold. Apparently it's spread from one fountain of wisdom to another.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to just say this...after all this public posting of the cowboys.com names relation to the cowboys team by it's buyers and monetization based on such, are'nt you "guys" a little bit worried of a potential dispute or infringement case with this xxx,xxx value domain name? YES, I realize it's a generic..but there's a point where dilution of a brand occurs based on usage and intent, evidence of such from posting in blogs, etc etc...just a thought

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
are'nt you guys a little bit worried of a potential dispute with this name?

With all of the geo domains out there in that same price range, I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot pole.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So there is no message or message they wish to convey in their display ?

Ideology is when Frank names his blog "Seven Mile", and then later tells you that's the name of that pristine stretch of Caribbean beach he just happens to live/play on, thus consciously or even subconsciously (unknown to his intellectual faculties at the time) implies that same awaits you if you only invested in that thing called generic domains) Now don't get me wrong, I love that name for a blog because it's "relaxing", it's not too generic and idealess (like "Rick's blog") and because I can see that it's personally meaningful to him. But it's still a thinly veiled ideology.

Ideology is when you come up with the "No Child Left Behind" slogan to describe your child-unfriendly policy.

Ideology is not when you think that Bush's administration is full of shit.

Etc... etc...

Until you give up name and portfolio I could hear a pin drop.

Wait until my blog arrives soon :yes:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What was this thread about again :?:

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What was this thread about again :?:

About domain industry's birds and the bees.

Since we are talking wide here, the irony is not that I am necessarily against what these domain evengelists say. In many ways I understand them, and I agree with them. I even somewhat agree with that whole pr "they get it" concept. But they pretend not to know that not all world revolves around their highly influenced beliefs and goals. Marketing honchos and CEO's of multibillon dollar companies can too join a circle jerk and come up with their own "it's them who don't get it" award. I realize that generic domainers swear to generics everywhere they go, but whoever names his blog "Rick's blog" to me just doesn't get it either. You know what I mean? These guys don't leave room for "negotiation", they don't accept the possibility of a "different interpretation", they don't even accept "gray zones". It's their way or the stupid way. And that's not only bad from many standpoints, but is also just wrong.

Yes, the "domain industry" eats its young. The scene is full of ugly stuff and bile that in the ideal world its stench should have woken up somebody in DC by now. But it doesn't. So we carry on and party like it's 1999, putting photos of various Sigmund Solares es at the forefront of exposure in DnJournal etc. Now a lot of people familiar with his alleged business antics call him a sleazy scum for allegedly unabashedly stealing his customer's queries and registering them ahead of his own customers (allegedly infamous KenyaTech enterprise). Only now, some years after the fact, that inept bunch of bozos named ICANN are warning us about the alike dishonest crooks. You know what I mean? Let's not even go with the gamers of the system (that .EU registration strategies fiasco, those registrars who are competing with thei r own customers, those parking providers that cheat on the payouts etc.) and other ugly, wrong, and downright illegal tactics.

I said it before, people who would most likely rot in jails had they did this in any regulated industry, are free to be bask in a glory provided by their eunuch gatekeepers. They are not only given a spotlight, but a soapbox to stand on, and a great, big, motherfukcing bull horn to bring in the new sheep to their herd.

groundctrl

Coolest User Ever
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What am I, a semi assistant to the assistant to the main domain god assistant ?

I find the father/god/guru/semi labels funny. Why not just a smart guy, had vision, rolled the dice.

right on, that's what we all do. the only control we have is WHEN to roll the dice.

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok then what about the guy who went so far to have an agreement with the .cm registry, so that typo of .com leads to his .cm version and making millions out of it.

What would he be called by you guys :rolleyes:

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
f*cking genius

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So this is a promise to take your mask off and share who you are and what you have done ? Looking forward to it, I still say you are a player ;)

Don't be a joker. No "player" would do something like this. Only those that have nothing to lose are free to gain.

But most importantly I won't be talking like I do here. Nor about what I do discuss here. I believe in "what happens in domain industry, stays in domain industry". My blog will be more like Sahar's. I will attempt to talk generally about the state of the affairs in world's online media, and in the process educate the "uninitiated masses" about the power of creativity in all that. All that with a little (lemon) twist.

But that doesn't mean I am a dummy, or that I don't know what I am talking about. Yes, I know a digital media future when I see one :) And I only have a graduate degree in Semiotics (for those that don't know what that is, google or wiki it) from one of the world's better universities. So if anything that should provide some thing to the table.

Unrelated to that, you know in my last media corporate life (multibillion company) I was often the brightest bulb in the room (idea wise, and certain experience wise). I gave my company more value than they could ever give me. Yet, when I gave my notice they cared less. They didn't twist my arm to stay with them. They gave that old corporate attitude that everything is replacable. Yes, everything is replacable, but at what cost? Oh the segment of company X doesn't appear to be as bright as it was with Sasquatch. Yawn. Never mind the money down the drain, there always is more money, whether it's a bit less, or a bit more don't matter. In fact a lot more doesn't matter to them. In my second last corporate position (also in a huge media company) one day I was sitting at my ready for a bg media gig, and in walks my boss asking where's the guy that usually was sitting next/near me. When I told him he stepped out to grab something to eat he gave me a sheepish grin and replied quite honestly: "Oh, ok, as long as there's a warm body there, I am ok with it". Let me repeat this for a second "As long as there's awarm body there" - he said. A "warm body". A warm freaking body, is how dedicated smart employees in the America all over are described these days. It's the nature of the beast. It's comparable to what I was saying earlier about the customer service of multibillion retail companies.

They just don't care.

Even the lesser companies don't care.

Even in domain industries companies don't care.

Look at the Moniker, or Sedo. They often never return your inquiry, let alone else you may need. Are they shortstaffed, or swamped? Perhaps, but I don't care. Kick some ass around. Invent strict policies, strict professional codes, hire more people, pay people a little better, provide them with gifts (token ones or meanigful ones) when they do well. Make them care about your own company. Do something about the status quo (Sedo) that makes you a joke noe, after you were an undsiputed leader few years ago! Just because your leaders sold out/cashed out their options, doesn't mean you should stop caring! Read this and learn NAMEMEDIA!

You know what I'd do for companies like this? Wonders! Just give me a mid-level title, give me some decent base pay and a performance based incentives, along a "room to do do my business". And I'll turn you around in no time, whether with my stellar ideas (to be humble here) or with my managerial skills. But you know what? They won't do it. They don't care. Such ideas don't even cross their minds. And I don't mean about me (not that I'd do this anyway, I swore off of working for anyone else long ago), but about anyone else. They don't think in those terms. They believe they are not in people business, they are in Zombie business. And that is in domain industry alone. Industry that is supposed to educate other on the values of... whatever.

Anyway, back to blog.

Somebody on this thread told me along the lines that all you need to do is to appear to know your shit. That happens to be the first lesson in my class. It's the perception that counts, isn't it?

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So the true motivations of this thread arise finally ;)

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
During Adam's GoDaddy interview, he paused and took a breath before saying, "yeah, there are some interesting characters over on my forum". I wonder if this type of thread popped into his mind just then? :lol::lol:

DomainingCom

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sasquatch,

Domaining is NOT only 1 voice like we are seing with the group: Rick, Sahar, Frank...
You are more than welcome to express your point of view.

In fact it's FRESH to have someone that comments things in a different way like you are doing here.
It's sometimes a bit acid, but I am sure some domainers share some of your ideas but don't want to defend you simply because they are afraid: Some domainers are untouchable...

Drop me a note when you will launch your blog, I will be as happy to advertise your blog in Domaining.com I am happy to promote the blog of these popular domainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators