Welcome to DNF.com™ - Domain Sales, Domain Forum, Domain Appraisals, Domain Registrars
If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the largest domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 500,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.
Terms of Service and Rules
Welcome to DNForum.com / DNF.com!
This is a privately owned forum. We reserve the right to accept or decline your membership application, so you are not guaranteed membership and your membership is subject to revocation.
You may only have one account. Under no condition will membership payments be refunded in whole or part.
Violation of the rules will result in a warning and possibly a ban, depending on the severity of the violation. Warnings will be issued by PM or by the warning system. Permanent bans are at the discretion of the management.
EACH FORUM MAY HAVE ITS OWN SET OF RULES. PLEASE READ ALL STICKIES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS IN THE INDIVIDUAL FORUMS BEFORE POSTING.
Here are the general forum rules: The management reserves the right to make judgment calls. We can't write a rule for everything. If we see nonsense on the forum we will take care of it and let you know why. This is the "no nonsense" rule.
1. No content that is considered racist, sexist, obscene, illegal, objectionable, or otherwise offensive comments will be tolerated. All such posts will be deleted without notice. This includes avatars. This could result in the loss of your membership without reimbursement.
2. You will not violate a persons privacy by publishing against someone's will information that is private and personal unless you have evidence of a crime or scam, and then you may post in the Unresolved Forum Sales or Legal Issues forums. Your post will be deleted if you cannot back up your claim. Please also refer to Rule #28.
3. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
4. Create threads in the proper forum. Threads created in the wrong forum are subject to deletion.
5. Do not spam the forums. Only post one thread per topic or sale, and do not cut and paste it or change it slightly and post it.
6. Do not PM spam. You should only PM to reply to a PM sent to you, or to answer a post that has requested a PM response.
7.You may only advertise in the designated advertising forums. One thread creation per 24 hours is allowed per advertising forum.
8. Complete your sales! If a member posts "sold" or PM's that he/she will buy your domain, website, service, etc., please attempt to complete the sale in a timely manner. This goes for both parties, please make yourself available to complete the sale as soon as possible. In addition, your word is your bond. If you agree to a deal, you shouldn't back out - even if you receive a higher offer (sellers) or if you think you offered too much (buyers). Do the right thing and the right thing will eventually return to you.
9. Trader feedback is permanent. It may only be removed by the person who left it, and by contacting admin via PM to ensure it's the member. You may also ask admin to review feedback you feel was left in error, or contains attacks, etc.
10. ALL DOMAIN SALES MUST list the actual domain name IN THE POST, and at least one of the domain names being sold in the title of the post, you must post the ACTUAL DOMAIN NAME. No spacing of letters or domains is permitted in titles and/or posts for all Platinum Sales sections as well as the Domain Appraisal section. There's a solution for those avoiding spiders, you may use example(.)com or example(dot)com. In addition, most forums have a sticky thread or an announcement thread (or perhaps both) with more rules specific to that subforum. Please check for specific sticky threads and specific announcements that pertain to the subforum before posting in the forums. This rule is echoed in many sticky threads across our forum. Checking for a sticky before posting is netiquette you should be aware of, in any forum. Further reading here.
11. NO COMMENTS IN SALES! - Only questions pertaining to the sale at hand.
12.You are allowed to bump your thread once every 24 hours. Answering questions from potential buyers is not considered bump and allowed.
13. Only one party may represent a domain name/website for sale at any time. Brokered domain names/websites must be authorized by the legal owner, and must be placed in the Domain Brokerage forum. While listed in the Domain Brokerage forum as a live sale, they may not be listed in any other forum by the broker, owner, or any other party.
14. Do not list sales on behalf of members that do not have selling privileges. Both members could be banned.
15. Do not promote or link to your websites, domains, blog, company, or services in any of the discussion forums. This includes starting a thread, or replying to a post. If a member is seeking assistance or looking for a certain type of product, the best way to offer your services is to send a PM, unless the thread has been created in one of the Advertising forums (or Help Wanted), where you then may reply to a post with a self-promotion. For the rules related to signatures, refer to #19 and #20.
16. Promoting other domain name or webmaster related forums (or any forum that resembles the structure and/or content of DNForum) in your posts, signatures, or in any way on the forum is not permitted, unless it is a legitimate sale, and then you may ONLY post the sale in the proper forum and not in your signature or anywhere else on the forum. THIS INCLUDES ANY FORUMS THAT HAVE ANY OF THE SAME CATEGORIES WE HAVE.
17. "What other domain forums are there?" and "Which domain forum is best?" types of threads are not allowed and will be closed.
18. No charity, fundraising, "woe is me", or any other form of persuasive posts. This includes Multi-level marketing (MLM). Too many scams. You may have a well known charity in your signature, that's it. Threads designed to persuade members to provide sympathetic consideration will be deleted and infraction points or bans will be issued.
19. Affiliate links of any type in posts not allowed in posts, signatures, or anywhere on the forum. However, there's an exception to the signature affiliate link rule for Exclusive Members. One of the benefits of becoming an Exclusive Member is that you would then be allowed to use affiliate links in your signature. The administrators of DNForum are the only ones permitted to post affiliate links in posts.
20. Your forum signature may not exceed 3 lines and 200 characters in length, and may contain no more than 1 link (Platinum) or 3 links (Exclusive). Adult links are not allowed in your signature for any membership level. Gold level and under may not have links in signatures. The use of your forum signature to attack another member is not allowed. HTML and images have been disabled in signatures, with the exception that Exclusive members may post 1 image and use that as a link as well, if desired. Your signature must abide by the forum rules that apply to posts.
21. Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public.
22. Any abuse towards our staff and/or management will result in immediate suspension of your account.
23. You may not have more than one account. Accounts may not be shared by more than one individual. Accounts may not be sold or transferred.
24. The buying or selling of signatures is prohibited for $ or DNF$.
25. Sales of obvious TM domains will not be allowed. Questionable/objectionable domains are one thing, but an obvious TM infringement is not allowed for sale here. Common sense applies here. If you post it and it's a known TM or TM typo, it will be removed.
26. DNForum does not get involved in user issues with other members or issues they have with companies. All opinions and posts made by users does not reflect those of the forum. Dnforum is a discussion forum where members have the right to free speech. Please resolve domain sales disputes off the board. If the user does not respond the way you want, if you must, you may go ahead and post the facts in the Unresolved Forum Sales or Legal Issues. Posting a string with facts is OK and sometimes this may help to lead to a desirable outcome. Make sure if you post about another DNF member, that you can back it up. All other rules strictly apply, so please use the venue properly. We recommend filing a civil complaint with the other party if a transaction goes awry. Remember that DNF cannot get involved in user issues with domain sales.
27. You may not use, reproduce or distribute any forum topics or posted content anywhere other than on Dnforum.com.
28. If you have an issue with someone on the forum, take it up with them. Do not attempt in any way to pull DNForum into your discussions.
29. DNForum cannot get involved in user issues with domain sales. Please resolve domain sales disputes off the board. If the user does not respond the way you want, if you must, you may go ahead and post the facts in the Unresolved Forum Sales or Legal Issues. Posting a string with facts is OK and sometimes this may help to lead to a desirable outcome. Make sure if you post about another DNF member, that you can back it up. All other rules strictly apply, so please use the venue properly. We recommend filing a civil complaint with the other party if a transaction goes awry. Remember that DNF cannot get involved in user issues with domain sales.
30. Username changes are handled in a certain way to protect the integrity of our membership base. We have a policy regarding username changes, it's located at: Username Changes.
31. Buying and selling of parking accounts is strictly forbidden. If you wish to have an account with a domain parking company, you must apply directly with them. You may not ask to purchase or provide for sale any account with any domain parking company. Additionally, any attempt whatsoever to deceive, mislead, or defraud a domain parking company or any other form of advertising venue is impermissible and will immediately result in strict administrative action.
32. Any member found liable for click fraud or any other form of fraudulent or deceiving activity will immediately be terminated from DNForum.
33. Reporting posts. The proper way to report a post that you feel is in breach of the sitewide rules and/or the specific forum's sticky rules is to click this image that corresponds with the post. Your report is confidential and is only seen by the moderation and administration team. This process is designed to ensure your privacy. The member who you report will not know of your report nor the identity of the person(s) who reported it. Reporting a post creates a special thread in a special area of the forum only seen by the moderators and admins, and also sends out a notice. We're a community and if you catch something before a moderator does, please help the community by placing a report, it only takes a moment to click the image. Thanks for your help!
34. Account deletion. Generally speaking, DNForum does not delete accounts. Accounts are lifetime memberships. If you wish to leave the forum, your account will remain. All existing posts and feedback will remain associated with the account. You may update your user title and signature to identify that you have left the forums, have clocked out, or that you are taking a hiatus from the business, etc. In the case where members are banned, the account will remain with the posts and feedback as well.
Rules subject to change without notice.
Please enjoy the debates and discussions and do your best to lead by example in creating a civil environment of mutual understanding and learning. This is your playing field, there's a lot of business to be done here at DNF, so make the most of it!