• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Î£.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctc

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 1, 2002
Messages
348
Reaction score
0
Sigma Σ: A universally used Greek alphabet character

Probably the only single character language IDN that has three inputs
Σ.com (upper case)
σ.com (lower case)
ς.com (lowercase in word-final position)

[ punycode: xn--4xa.com ]

definition from Wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma

Looking for appraisals
thanks
ctc
 
Looking for appraisals
 
im sorry but i've never seen any value in these types of domains.
i would say regfee..
 
jane118 said:
im sorry but i've never seen any value in these types of domains.
i would say regfee..

thanks. i'll be sure not to renew it and let it go !! :bounce:

Seriously asking for serious appraisals. Need to decide if i should accept an offer.
 
anyone else?
 
It's all Greek to me :D
 
thanks. i'll be sure not to renew it and let it go !! :bounce:

Seriously asking for serious appraisals. Need to decide if i should accept an offer.

Max $100.
 
I think Kwok is head on with the appraisal. The most I have ever seen an IDN character like this sell for is $100.00. But success is not a guaranteed thing. Nor is failure with the popularity of IDN gaining. It's a crap shoot when it come to IDN's.

There have been larger IDN sales. Also, this is not the only single character language IDN that has three inputs. Far from it.
 
Sigma is a common math symbol in Statistics.
 
I recieved a couple of offers on this in the past , but none like the most recent one which is the reason I am asking for an appraisal here.

Thank goodness he cant see this thread, otherwise his offer would be retracted based on your and kwok's "head on" appraisal. :)

Also, this is not the only single character language IDN that has three inputs. Far from it.

Could you please list some, Im curious to know.
 
I recieved a couple of offers on this in the past , but none like the most recent one which is the reason I am asking for an appraisal here.

Thank goodness he cant see this thread, otherwise his offer would be retracted based on your and kwok's "head on" appraisal. :)



Could you please list some, Im curious to know.
If you've been offered considerably more, then consider taking it.

Other than the Chinese and Japanese characters, the IDN market is very unsettled.

As for three character, the sequencing begins with xn--aaa.com, then xn---aab, aac, and so on. When the run the complet alphabet, the numbers are inserted.

Here's one of mine: XN--CPA.COM

I have several as more or less a novelty item but being an illustrator in a previous carreer, I hope to use them and incorporate them, eventually, into some online projects.
 
mid $xxx to a reseller. Mid $x,xxx - lower $xx,xxx to an end user. Not bad at all.
 
If you've been offered considerably more, then consider taking it.
Im considering it.

As for three character, the sequencing begins with xn--aaa.com, then xn---aab, aac, and so on. When the run the complet alphabet, the numbers are inserted.

I dont understand what you are saying here. Are they (single IDNs) the same xn -- typed in 3 different ways? like σ.com

I have several as more or less a novelty item but being an illustrator in a previous carreer, I hope to use them and incorporate them, eventually, into some online projects.

Very nice. GL with them

mid $xxx to a reseller. Mid $x,xxx - lower $xx,xxx to an end user. Not bad at all.
thanks for your opinion
 
I dont understand what you are saying here. Are they (single IDNs) the same xn -- typed in 3 different ways? like σ.com
It's really rather simple. Currently IDN is based on Punycode, as you pointed out. A character is assigned a sequence of numbers and letters to be entered and recoginized universally. It is 'coded'.

Just as no two domain .com's are alike, no two punycodes are alike.

XN--4XA.COM
XN--CPA.COM

Top is your IDN, bottom is mine. No two domains can be alike. No two IDN's are coded alike.
 
It's really rather simple. Currently IDN is based on Punycode, as you pointed out. A character is assigned a sequence of numbers and letters to be entered and recoginized universally. It is 'coded'.

Just as no two domain .com's are alike, no two punycodes are alike.

XN--4XA.COM
XN--CPA.COM

Top is your IDN, bottom is mine. No two domains can be alike. No two IDN's are coded alike.


That I know..
which is why im saying that Σ.com has three (3) different inputs (σ,ς,Σ) which correpsond to the same exact punycode. I have not seen any other one like that.
 
What ctc means is, that the same letter - in Greek - has 3 different formats; all of which are represented by the same punycode:

Lower case sigma "σ"
Upper case sigma "Σ"
Lower case sigma when at end of a word "ς"
 
Yes..thanks Acro

(sorry if I didnt express my self correctly)..
(dunt speeketet weri goodd englitch)
 
Gotcha. You speak english good. I no heered it or red eet proper.

Acroplex needs to quit letting his cat type. Got funky stuff on the keyboard.

Yes, there are others like that. I do not have any specific examples of my own but there are additional Greek and non-Greek characters that have the same attributes.

When I was registering or looking to register some, when I would enter the character as it appeared or the punycode, the image showing did not appear to be the same as the image as I intended.

Delta "Δ.com" appears "δ.com" when entered.
And Tau "Γ.com" appears "γ.com" all using the same punycode.

I do not know enough about the IDN or ASCII to control how they will ultimately appear.

So, good lesson for me.

:hail: And thank you, oh great Acroplex...the all seeing eye.
 
Doc, switch your browser's character encoding to UTF-8.

BTW, that letter pair above is not tau, it's gamma.

Here's a long course.
 
Gotcha. You speak english good. I no heered it or red eet proper.
lol
Yes, there are others like that.
When I was registering or looking to register some, when I would enter the character as it appeared or the punycode, the image showing did not appear to be the same as the image as I intended.

Delta "Δ.com" appears "δ.com" when entered.
And Tau "Γ.com" appears "γ.com" all using the same punycode.
Yes that was true for me aswell. But the most Ive ever found (other than Σ), was a two (2) input like δ.com and γ.com (which btw are also mine ;) )
but thats because the greek language has a different version for its letters when it comes to upper and lower cases. I dont know what or how other single characters work in other languages..I assume they dont have that kind of difference...i may be wrong

thank you, oh great Acroplex...the all seeing eye.
Yes thank you Acroplex ...νάσε καλά
The 13th God of Olympos...God of domains :smilewinkgrin:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom