Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

0Z5.com The Stolen Domain > Returned to its owner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello,

After 2 days of frustration that i faced regarding the stolen domain i bought. i managed to get the domain back from the buyer that i sold the stolen domain to, which i bought from digitalpoint forums Ref: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1535536 (Im Mr.Kiwi).

User: "mattonline" is the real owner of the domain, I was very helpful to him and insisted to refund the guy who paid me $150 for it, and work it out with him and make him satisfied.

Here is a detailed summary of what have happened between me and him:

I spoke with the buyer of the domain that i sold to, i showed him all the issue i faced, he was very helpful, he was more than happy to return the domain. I refunded him $150 and got the domain back in my hands.

Before getting the domain or even telling him (Matt) that the buyer will push back the domain, he told me "im prepared to pay you $99 for the domain if you able to get it back, to cover the cost that you paid". I said alright, and agreed ofcourse (Since i dont want profit from a stolen domain), after he knew that the buyer was very helpful and was easy to get the domain from him, he told me to wait, he made him self speaking with godaddy and as he said a lawyer. "I doubt he even has a lawyer of his this cheap domain', anyways he replied back he said that godaddy told him to not pay at all for this domain.. (see how he started lying) I said what do you mean? he said im not able to pay more than $50. I said atleast pay me $60 for it since i have a paypal business account and fees will apply and i even refunded the buyer from my CC so in this case all fees will be on me, anyways he agreed after 5 hours talking.

After all, he was insisting that we do the transaction through ebay. i said i do not agree. i told him, you are the who i should be afraid of since you are paying me through paypal and paypal do not protect digital goods, so you have the chance to scam me.i told him i trust you enough and im going to procceed with this transaction and ill push the domain first then you pay me by paypal after then. He said ok and i asked him again, this specific question "what you are going to do after i push the domain?" he replied ill be send you $60. I said ok.

I pushed the domain back to him... he said ok i see the domain in my account, let me proceed from my side, i waited like 10 - 15 mins then he replied back, "I just added the CC to my paypal account and it takes 2 days to be verified, so by then ill pay you". (Now here i started feel really pissed off, I stayed 2 days under this pressure of some guys blaming me making profit of a stolen domain, then after all i made my best and insisted to lose $95 that includes (Cost, Profit & Fees) and i was very helpful waiting and chatting 6 hours with him for ZERO benefit to my side. He comes up simply and tells me that i do not turst you, and this is my domain and i shouldnt pay you anything..
(Imagine) anyways i told him push back the domain and ill push it back when u have funds, he said NO this is my domain. I told him lets do it as you stated before through ebay, he said ITS TOO LATE the domain is with me now. and ill pay you with 2 - 4 days (which i doubt).

Anyways i have to show DNF members what have happened exactly between me and him, since we where discussing this issue on other thread. Im very very disappointed and very sorry to deal with people who do not deserve anything like MATT, very rude and negative attitude person.

All in All.. The Scammer who scammed Matt (As matt stated) is happy because he made 2x the price and Matt the original owner is also Happy as he got his domain back, But Me who lost..:approve:.. All in all I made this whole thing just to maintain my Rep and To keep it Up as usual!

Regards,
Bassel

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
@Bassel, sorry to see that you are a bit pissed off, but you did the right thing. You gave yourself a good reputation. As for Matt, you should treat Bassel as the one who did you a big favor. Honestly he doesn't owe you anything. Trust me, it's not easy to get help from Godaddy in such case.

Bassel, please keep us updated after 2 days. Good luck!

fenomeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I almoust bought that domain at DP. Seller seems to be a real scammer (i cant be sure, but it seems like that) because i checked his threads and most of his sales are "quick sale, twice under price, PM me for the domain name" and that kind of threads.

About Matt, i saw that he reported this domain as stolen domain on another forum, and i sent him PM with link that i saw his domain name at DP. He said thanks and i dont know anything after that.

I agree that domain is his, and you should give it back to him as you did, and really nice of you....but if he promised that he will refund you cost, he is obligated to do that now, if he is honest person who care to his words.

Kiwi, i suggest you that you reverse Paypal payment, and that report that you bought stolen domain which you had to return. And show them links where they can check your words. I am not sure if that will go through, but you can try, and if that will work scammer from DP will left without payment for that domain name.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I almoust bought that domain at DP. Seller seems to be a real scammer (i cant be sure, but it seems like that) because i checked his threads and most of his sales are "quick sale, twice under price, PM me for the domain name" and that kind of threads.

About Matt, i saw that he reported this domain as stolen domain on another forum, and i sent him PM with link that i saw his domain name at DP. He said thanks and i dont know anything after that.

I agree that domain is his, and you should give it back to him as you did, and really nice of you....but if he promised that he will refund you cost, he is obligated to do that now, if he is honest person who care to his words.

Kiwi, i suggest you that you reverse Paypal payment, and that report that you bought stolen domain which you had to return. And show them links where they can check your words. I am not sure if that will go through, but you can try, and if that will work scammer from DP will left without payment for that domain name.

Thanks for your reply, its good that you didnt bought it, i suffered alot past 2 days.

Ill try to dispute but, they do not cover digital goods.

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well done. You did the right thing regardless.

I was once offered an lll.com at market value, but before I paid (a sale was agreed) I checked whois history and emailed the owner previous to the guy selling. He told me it was stolen and I went on an epic journey at great expense to myself to get the name returned to the original owner and the thief brought to light.

The original owner didn't even email me to say thank you. Some people are arseholes, just make sure you aren't one of them.

Once again, congrats on doing the right thing, you made the right choice.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bassel, you are the real man

Thanks Man, I really appreciate that kind response :approve:.

Well done. You did the right thing regardless.

I was once offered an lll.com at market value, but before I paid (a sale was agreed) I checked whois history and emailed the owner previous to the guy selling. He told me it was stolen and I went on an epic journey at great expense to myself to get the name returned to the original owner and the thief brought to light.

The original owner didn't even email me to say thank you. Some people are arseholes, just make sure you aren't one of them.

Once again, congrats on doing the right thing, you made the right choice.

Thanks alot gingeman, Good job you didnt buy that lll.com.

I thank you again for contributing in that past thread in order to resolve.

Appreciate it :approve:.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bassel you did the right thing and as you can see from responses others agree. Now we feel bad that you lost money here and it indeed Matt agreed to pay you something then imho he should. Basically he is under the same "do the right thing" obligation that I believe pressured you. Matt should not have agreed to pay you then renege.

See Bassel. Many domainers take the time to look deeper into deals. The lesson here is to not trust a seller at face value. Do your homework first. Follow your instincts. Pass on deals if you feel you might get burned.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bassel you did the right thing and as you can see from responses others agree. Now we feel bad that you lost money here and it indeed Matt agreed to pay you something then imho he should. Basically he is under the same "do the right thing" obligation that I believe pressured you. Matt should not have agreed to pay you then renege.

See Bassel. Many domainers take the time to look deeper into deals. The lesson here is to not trust a seller at face value. Do your homework first. Follow your instincts. Pass on deals if you feel you might get burned.

Thanks labrocca, I do apologise if me and you had a tough talk in the past thread, but i was a bit annoyed of what i have been through. ;)

Appreciate your concern & positive reply.

Bassel

Bnom.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok I waited enough... its time to take action.
Its 20 Days now and Mattonline did not pay me!

Here is his info: mattonline (Mathew)
DigitalPoint.com > http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=65276
NamePros.com > http://www.namepros.com/members/42480.html
DNForum.com > http://www.dnforum.com/member-mattonline.html
His sites & email (MSN): [email protected]
- http://www.entrepreneurforum.co.uk
- http://electronicservice.co.uk
- http://Z0P.com
- http://0Q6.com

He is a cheater he also cheated 2 guys see the 2 negative itrades here:
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/itrader.php?u=65276

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see this Bassel. This guy mattonline does suck!

I can't find the original thread, maybe Mod should recover it. I saw that Matt has a DNFer friend so you may wanna contact him to help you reach Matt.

I can remember everyone asked you to do the right thing and give the domain back to the original owner mattonline (you did nothing wrong though). It's really sorry to see a decent forum member got screwed now.

Anyhow, you had give a great credit to this community. Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom