Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

$119,000 mobi sale of Girls.mobi & Stocks.mobi !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, it's a keyword sale. Stocks.junk and Girls.junk would probably sell for equally as much. The TLD is irrelevant.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a keyword sale. Stocks.junk and Girls.junk would probably sell for equally as much. The TLD is irrelevant.

Where can I register .junk?!?!?

:cheesy:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Buyer:
Paul Chmiel about his purchases: “I acquired Girls.mobi because of its extremely high overture of two million, moreover, this plural version is better than the mTLD reserved singular version.” The sale price was $ 49,000.

Having to put in words why he bought Stocks.mobi was ‘hard’ for Chmiel: “I purchased it because…, because…, well because it's STOCKS.mobi!! In my view it is a top 10 name for mobile surfing. When people start surfing the web on their phone, they think weather, news, sports, and stocks.” Chmiel continues: “It too has a high overture, a high PPC and goes well with my first love, Invest.mobi, which is almost developed and will be a very nice site.” The agreed price for Stocks.mobi was $ 70,000.

The last thing Chmiel wanted to share with us was: “I feel Stocks.mobi to be a $ XXX,XXX name and much higher in a few years.” Dotmobiz cannot agree more…

3dGEEK

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Top News I Say 'ol boy :yes:

Congrats to both the Buyer and Seller :eek:k:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Unbelievable Acroplex - you still dont get it - :yes: You are a bad loser...:yes:

Maybe you need to go back to English school, dutch boi and read again what the buyer said: he bought it cause it's "stocks", one of the most searched for keywords.

I have a good laugh at the .mobi names on sale here; people ask 4 figures for "mybigass.mobi" type of domains, not realizing that the gold rush is over: the early birds already caught the keyword worms ;)

What you .mobi fan-bois need to realize is that .mobi as a purely mobile/cell venue is hardly ground-breaking (sorry, long words there dutchie). Any decent .com will redirect content based on the device that's accessing it.

So again, if .junk is released tomorrow, you'll see the same people going for flowers.junk, sex.junk, news.junk, stocks.junk etc.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you need to go back to English school, dutch boi and read again what the buyer said: he bought it cause it's "stocks", one of the most searched for keywords.

What you .mobi fan-bois need to realize is that .mobi as a purely mobile/cell venue is hardly ground-breaking (sorry, long words there dutchie). Any decent .com will redirect content based on the device that's accessing it.

So again, if .junk is released tomorrow, you'll see the same people going for flowers.junk, sex.junk, news.junk, stocks.junk etc.

LOL
reverting to september arguments? they were dead in the water then , let alone now.
as for questioning his Dutch nationality & command of English , you are better than this Acroplex? surely? it's pathetic :rolleyes:
As an Englishman (ie. we speak English not the halfbaked American version :smilewinkgrin: ) i can honestly say the countries with the best command of English in Europe in my personal experience are Holland & Sweden. And i've been to almost every country many times.
But anyway, now we can leave the playground & get back on topic & discuss these AWESOME sales! WHOOAAH! BRING IT ON BABY!

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm sorry Pred, did I hurt his feelings? Maybe calling someone "a bad loser" in Holland is what friends do while smoking a bowl of "tea" in downtown Amsterdam?

And the rest of my post is well-stated opinion, without any blindfolds. I understand this .mobi forum is holy ground to mobi pushers but it's open to everyone.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a good laugh at the .mobi names on sale here; people ask 4 figures for "mybigass.mobi" type of domains, not realizing that the gold rush is over: the early birds already caught the keyword worms

Don't let it get to you Acro, if they didn't get it a few months ago, they won't get it now. The gold rush IS over boys. This is just another doomed extension not different from the failed .cc or .eu. Big sales like this are common for EVERY extension for the prime keywords when they come out. Smart domainers always take advantage of that early for every extension that has and will come out. There's a domain sucker born every day hence why stocks.junk (as Acro puts it) will always command a high value for a new extension.

we speak English not the halfbaked American version
Screw you Pred :D we speak damn good.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course Acroplex :yes:
Webecri can look after himself, but he happens to be a fantastic bloke with a brilliant command of English.

In fact i'm the thicko here (like most English people re: languages spoken)if anyone wants to take a pop :lol:
My limit is a smattering of French & a handful of Swedish. Even though i lived with a swede for 5 years. Before you ask what 'his' name was, it was a her! LOL :smilewinkgrin:

The thing about the auto detect has been discussed so many times it's crazy though.
It's about branding & giving confidence to the visitor that they can view a site.
Anyway, it's old ground.
I'm a forward thinking kind of Predator :smilewinkgrin: & i look forward to further development & sales, sales, sales :smilewinkgrin:
I am genuinely happy for everyone whether they are selling mobi,org,net, you name it.
I would have to draw the line at IDN'S though :-#:
LOL
Pred :cool:

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just checked godaddy, domainsite, moniker and namespro and none of them have .junk... :?:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't let it get to you Acro, if they didn't get it a few months ago, they won't get it now. The gold rush IS over boys. This is just another doomed extension not different from the failed .cc or .eu. Big sales like this are common for EVERY extension for the prime keywords when they come out. Smart domainers always take advantage of that early for every extension that has and will come out. There's a domain sucker born every day hence why stocks.junk (as Acro puts it) will always command a high value for a new extension.

Screw you Pred :D we speak damn good.

whatever you say dear :-#:
Predator :smilewinkgrin:

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just checked godaddy, domainsite, moniker and namespro and none of them have .junk...

Sure they do, they just call it by a different name.

WEBecri

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You get it a little bit:

Thats why I regged:

Route.mobi
Gamble.mobi
Pussies.mobi
Chalet.mobi
Callgirls.mobi
Students.mobi
Hostels.mobi
Notary.mobi
Headhunter.mobi
Bioscoop.mobi
Gids.mobi
Notaris.mobi
ReisInfo.mobi
TVgids.mobi
Vacatures.mobi
Vandaag.mobi
Vergelijk.mobi
And a lot more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because this are keywords. Maybe not the all best like stocks and girls. But they sell!!! I make a nice profit with it :yes: :yes:

And I will make more profit in the future with it...

Thats why:

I call myself and some other .mobi domainers 'winners' and I call you a 'loser'. Unfortunately you are a bad loser.. because you still don't get it...

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And a lot more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Because this are keywords. Maybe not the all best like stocks and girls. But they sell!!! I make a nice profit with it

And I will make more profit in the future with it...

You know, it's only the last sentence that we have a problem with. No one thought you wouldn't make money with keywords. But you telling us definitively that you will make more in the future...well that's a problem. You are relating the sales success of some keywords to the success of the tld in the future. I don't think the two are interlinked.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You know, it's only the last sentence that we have a problem with. No one thought you wouldn't make money with keywords. But you telling us definitively that you will make more in the future...well that's a problem. You are relating the sales success of some keywords to the success of the tld in the future. I don't think the two are interlinked.

Things are developing daily & it's great fun if you are involved with it.
Frankly i couldn't give a monkey's uncle if anyone has a problem with our 'positivity' & optimism for the future.
This is the story we are discussing: :smilewinkgrin:

Stocks.mobi and Girls.mobi changed hands in a private deal for $ 119,000 - sales make .mobi market boom again
By Dotmobiz on 16 Mar 2007 at 15:37
After the $ 300,000+ sales from last week at the TRAFFIC conference, dotmobiz.com has the honour to announce two very strong and interesting dotmobi sales: Stocks.mobi and Girls.mobi changed hands in a private deal for $ 119,000!

Dotmobiz.com spoke to the buyer, Paul Chmiel from Houston – Texas: “I, as many, feel dotmobi has a very promising future. I see the mobile web changing our lives in the future and the way we do business”, Chmiel says. For that reason he acquired more dotmobi domains in the past few months. A few of them are DOC.mobi and Africa.mobi, which were acquired via private deals. He also did some business with Jeremy Padawer, by acquiring Cancun.mobi and Military.mobi. Via Sedo.com, Chmiel purchased Invest.mobi, Pink.mobi and Dish.mobi.

The seller of Stocks.mobi and Girls.mobi, Hennie Groot Lipman from The Netherlands, has a profitable domaining track record. “After owing the best dotinfo portfolio of the world, I had the goal of putting together the most valuable dotmobi portfolio.” He said to dotmobiz.com. “I am very happy with this deal, I covered my total .mobi investments and made a nice profit too.”
With .mobi domains like Pay.mobi, PrePay.mobi, 555.mobi, 666.mobi, MMM.mobi and 350 other quality dotmobis the future is looking bright for this experienced domainer.

The Stocks.mobi and Girls.mobi deals were completed last week. Chmiel contacted Groot Lipman by e-mail.

Groot Lipman initially submitted Stocks.mobi to the TRAFFIC auction with a $ 60,000 reserved price. However, due to a reason unknown, it was not in Moniker’s final auction list. A pity for Moniker - Escrow.com got the ‘honour’ of completing the transaction.

Paul Chmiel about his purchases: “I acquired Girls.mobi because of its extremely high overture of two million, moreover, this plural version is better than the mTLD reserved singular version.” The sale price was $ 49,000.

Having to put in words why he bought Stocks.mobi was ‘hard’ for Chmiel: “I purchased it because…, because…, well because it's STOCKS.mobi!! In my view it is a top 10 name for mobile surfing. When people start surfing the web on their phone, they think weather, news, sports, and stocks.” Chmiel continues: “It too has a high overture, a high PPC and goes well with my first love, Invest.mobi, which is almost developed and will be a very nice site.” The agreed price for Stocks.mobi was $ 70,000.

The last thing Chmiel wanted to share with us was: “I feel Stocks.mobi to be a $ XXX,XXX name and much higher in a few years.” Dotmobiz cannot agree more…

For those that maybe just finding this thread.
It is another part in the .mobi success story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators