Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

1and1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess it is my day with questions . . .

Can you set-up a free account at 1and1 to receive domain pushes? Is so, does anyone have the link? I've checked-out their site and I do not see anything but package offers.

Thanks in advance.

ThisDot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Try putting a domain in your shopping cart, then deleting it. Or try calling their customer support number. Good luck, I'm not sure if it can be done or not.

yesbrilliant

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I could not find how to open an account either, I guess one have really to buy some item first.

However, all Pushes at 1and1 are paid, not free, like most registrars...

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1&1 just may be the single worst registrar out there. They make regfly look like moniker.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sucks for me. I have a ton of .coms there and hope I don't have issues when I come to move them over to GoDaddy next yr...

Ug

yesbrilliant

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sucks for me. I have a ton of .coms there and hope I don't have issues when I come to move them over to GoDaddy next yr...

Ug

Please do a quick research of what people here at DNF say about domains at GoDaddy before you transfer to them... You will find extremelly valuable info for you.

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know their rule about making any change/2 months.

I have all my other .com's with Godaddy and haven't had much of a problem. Does Moniker do the same?

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1&1 is horrible..they still keep scamming me for stuff I long ago cancelled, its impossible to get rid of something, transfers out are painful, and they are expensive too..horrible customer service..godaddy is the best one in my opinion in terms of service and ease of use..

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is the process for transfering a domain name FROM 1and1 TO Godaddy?

I have unlocked the name at 1and1 but I thought I need to initiate the transfer from Godaddy? But all I can find in their domain CP is a pending transfer tool. Well the domain isn't pending transfer because I don't know how to start the bloody thing.

tricolorro

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the process for transfering a domain name FROM 1and1 TO Godaddy?

Hi,
Here's how to do the 1and1 part:

1. Go to: http://cancel.1and1.com/
Enter your User Name or domain name and Password.
-----
2. Once in, on the upper left side under Options,click on Cancel
-----
3.Then you have to select a Package.
-----
4.Then choose to either Cancel an entire package (with multiple domains) or
Cancel domains if you want to cancel just one or a few.
---
5.Then you will see a chart with a list of your domains in alphabetical order like this:
Domain/Item Cancellation option ** Execute (on) *
---
6.Go to the domain and under Execute (on) * select Soon As Possible

Once you do this you will see that the Cancellation option ** box becomes active. Select Change of Provider.
-------
7. Next you will receive 2 emails. The first will tell you you have to respond to the second in order to Confirm your Cancellation request.

Note: Even if you are only cancelling one domain the email will indicate that you are cancelling an entire Package. Just ignore it. It's another 1and1 stupidity.

What happens after this I don't know as I haven't transferred domains out but I will.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Here are the definitions of the Execute On options from 1and1.com:

* Contract end
This option is available only if the entire contract is cancelled. The selected position will not be invoiced after the selected “Contract end” for this contract. The technical cancellation will be effected about two days later.
Please note: There will be no reimbursement of any time not used in a prepaid accounting period for payable online items/domains.

* End of accounting period
The service will not be invoiced again after expiration of the pre-paid period. The technical cancellation will take place in about two days after this time.

* Soonest possible
The selected cancellation option will be carried out as soon as we have received and processed the confirmation form. The technical implementation will take about two days from this time.
Please note: There will be no reimbursement of any time not used in a prepaid accounting period for payable online items/domains.

* 30 days to the end of the month
There will be no charge for the service from the time given here. The technical cancellation will take place about two days after this time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the definitions of the Cancellation Options from 1and1 site:

The cancellation options are dependent on the TLD (Top Level Domain, e.g.: .com) and are determined by the NIC (Network Information Center) or Registry. Some options are available only with certain TLDs, and so only the options that are available with your domain will appear.

* End Domain Contract
The option “Sign Off” will end the domain contract at the appropriate NIC at the appointed time. If you delete a domain you lose all of your rights to the domain. If you want to continue to operate your domain and are simply tasking another provider with maintaining for it, select the option "Change provider".

* Expire
With this option the domain will be deleted from our systems on the appointed date and the corresponding services stopped. However, the domain will remain registered in your name until the end of the (prepaid) registration period and will not be deleted from the appropriate NIC until after this period.

* Expire with UNLOCK
In addition to an Expire, this option unlocks your domain, so you can transfer your domain to another provider before the end of the registration period - a transfer request by another provider will be acknowledged automatically. Please note that you can also unlock (and re-lock) your domain in the control panel. In this case the domain will not be set on expire.

* NIC return
The option “NIC return” returns the domain (without deleting it) to the appropriate NIC on the selected date. Once the domain has been returned you will be contacted by the NIC to decide the further course of action regarding your domain. This option is compulsory with some NICs, and usually closes with the option “Delete”.

* Change provider
If you would like your domain to be maintained by another provider (and only then), you must select this option. The change is effected differently for every TLD (Top Level Domain, e.g.: .com). If you choose this option, we will automatically acknowledge a transfer request by another provider.
For the safety of your domain, we will re-lock the domain after sixty days if no transfer has been requested. We have no influence over any of these processes; they are required by the relevant (Network Information Center) and/or Registries.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you just want to cancel a domain that's near expiration make sure you do it a few days before expiration as 1and1 renews early.

Be sure to select Soon As Possible.

If you are charged for a domain renewal that you wanted to cancel,
1and1 gives you 45 days to get a refund.

I had recently cancelled 19 domains just before the expiration date and under Execute On chose Cancel at End of Billing Period for this year and under Cancellation option I chose Expire.

Well 1and1 had renewed the domains the same day I cancelled so considered my cancellation request to take effect next year and proceeded to invoice me.

I contacted their Tech Support and their rep undid my cancellation for the domains and had me cancel each domain again this time selecting Soon as possible under Execute on and Sign Off under Cancellation option.

The rep assured me the domains would be cancelled from my account and I would not be charged.

My credit card was charged. A call to the billing dept almost proved fruitless
until I asked to speak to a Supervisor who was aware of the 45 day rule
and issued a refund.

Be sure to record the name and position of anyone you talk to at 1and1.

They make everything so difficult and involved you have to protect yourself.

Patrick

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a nightmare...

Thanks

How are these people in business still? They never respond to my emails for support, and I made a change to a package of mine a FCKING MONTH ago and the status is still "Request Being Processed".

What a horrible mistake I made with these idiots. All I can do is pray to God I can get the domains I want out of here and to someone with some competency.

I'm in bloody awe how they have not gone out of business yet.

Pricks

forumrating

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they are worst
renewed my domains forcefully when i dint want them to be renewed, i couldnt find my domain details, contacted their support and no responce they needed thet customer no which i had lost , finally had to block my credit card , and lost some bucks for the domain.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree, 1and1-internet is horrendous but they appear to have a lot of business and also claim to be the #1 hosting firm in the world.

One of the worst things about them in addition to very s-l-o-w or worse yet no cust support is say you buy a name from someone else and you get a push to you and the name does not expire for 1 year,. 1and1 makes you to pay a yearly fee to get the name even if it does not expire for a year and the 1 year annual fee does NOT add a year to the exp date as it does everywhere else and the exp date stays the same as before since the domain fee is accessed each year regardless of the exp date.

MonikerChris

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Ug

Irish, why GoDaddy? If you are looking for a registrar that is going to make SURE that you don't have any issues, then you should be looking at us here at Moniker. Give me a yell, and if you don't want to take my word for it, ask around the forums. I can promise that we will work our asses off for you. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators