Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

1st domain with Expire Fish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've only been a member there for a month or so. The other day I got my 1st domain. Let me tell you how.

I went through a list of soon to expire domains that I got my hands on. I found some interesting domains that I put in for montioring with Expire Fish. One was a solid 2 word .net with existing links to it. The domain was also in the same niche as one of my current sites, and I thought I might be able to get some targetted traffic for my biz from the domain. I typed it in for monitoring and felt quite content with my findings that day.

A couple of hours later I checked my e-mail and found a couple of e-mails from Expire Fish. One saying that they had grabbed a domain for me. I was filled with excitement, knowing that almost all of the domains I've monitored with them were pretty good domains. I opened the e-mail only to found out that they had got a domain that was very similar to the .net domain I mentioned before. But it was misspelled!! I had managed to misspell the name while typing it in for monitoring, and shortly after they grabbed the domain for me. What a bummer!!!!! :laugh:

Now I'm stuck with a totally worthless misspelled .net, that looks ugly as hell.... Read this post and learn from my mistake!! :D

P.S. I have registered over a 1,000 domains over the years. This is the first time it has happened to me. So it could happen to the very best.

Domain summit 2024

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice catch kvinsencius ! LOL

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz
Nice catch kvinsencius ! LOL

Thanks, I wish it could have been a little better though. Next time...:)

G

Gator

I registered 3 names through expirefish that way. Next time I will not drink beers as I type in the names.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Avoid Bongs as well :D

or you end up registering stuff like Whompa.com

Mike

E

EroGenius

Yeah, one of my business partners has a fleet of domains we've developed a network with (city names). One of the names is mispelled and thus pretty useless to us. I made fun of him and recently registered a bad spelling myself. Doh. Bad karma. Be sure not to laugh.

~ EroGenius

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Register Fly's new motto:

Be careful what you ask for... you might actually get it.

I always check the names after I add them to my monitoring queue to ensure I did not fat finger anything. It saves me grief later on. Not related, I picked up 5 domains in the past week(3 very good), has anyone else noticed an increase?

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To me, ExpireFish grabbed two misspelled domains for me! :(

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by owndomain
To me, ExpireFish grabbed two misspelled domains for me! :(

Did you misspell them or? Honestly, I found it a bit weird myself that I had misspelled my name. But then again I could have as easily.

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is my mistake.

I believe you can beat Expirefish.com in manual registration way, if you want and if you have plenty of time.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by owndomain
Yes, it is my mistake.

I believe you can beat Expirefish.com in manual registration way, if you want and if you have plenty of time.

Oh yeah...Even Snap and Name Winner... I'm working on that right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators