Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

news $2.5mil seed fundraising round complete for Freename

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
Wow! It looks like Freename.io (based in Switzerland) has successfully closed a seed fundraising round, securing an impressive $2.5 million. The round was led by Sparkle Ventures with participation from Blockchain Founders Fund, Golden Record Ventures, Abalone Asset Management and His Highness Sheikh Mayed Al Qasimi.

Read more about it on the Cointelegraph: https://cointelegraph.com/press-rel...seed-round-to-redefine-the-web3-naming-system

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
How do you get these oil tycoon government leaders to invest in your project?

.. just in a case: not 'my' project :D :D

--

Freename were actively working in various directions. It is really impressive to see that they managed to close such a deal!! I suppose they have covered all the bases + location in Switzerland is almost as safe as possible for a blockchain related company (my personal thoughts).. I would say, only Luxembourg (many serious European tokenization companies move there) is at that level today.. the rest? .. States are definitely not safe, Asia has always been a gamble when things can change rapidly, in Dubai you need to have a local partner (a company looses significant % in shares), offshores clearly signify = I don't want to pay taxes..

+ I have met the team > so effective!! all the success to them!!

btw, I understand that Page Howe is one of their ambassadors, and already for a while. They have been working in this direction for a long while.

great to see success!!

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
there is a perception that:
> there is lots of Venture Capital fund money out there - this is correct
> they (VCs) don't understand blockchain - absolute bs assumption created by braindead wannabies
> VCs give money left and right - total bs as well.. there are so many companies after their money, and you need to be really, really good to get there

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is a perception that:
> there is lots of Venture Capital fund money out there - this is correct
> they (VCs) don't understand blockchain - absolute bs assumption created by braindead wannabies
> VCs give money left and right - total bs as well.. there are so many companies after their money, and you need to be really, really good to get there
You mean like this?

Helmuts

DNForum.com
★★★★★
Reaction score
:) fun song.. but, made by a person/people who hasn't clue what is what..

--

it is like matematics > the deeper you go, the less you understand (you are most probably submerged into 1 niche).. and only idiot who barely counts to 10 makes songs that mathematics are for idiots :)

my view

.. yes, bubbles come and go > but, nobody wishes to loose their money :)

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:) fun song.. but, made by a person/people who hasn't clue what is what..

--

it is like matematics > the deeper you go, the less you understand (you are most probably submerged into 1 niche).. and only idiot who barely counts to 10 makes songs that mathematics are for idiots :)

my view

.. yes, bubbles come and go > but, nobody wishes to loose their money :)
It’s a viral song from a few years ago that was removed the first time for a copyrighted image in the music video, strange, you’d think you’d want to monetize it rather than to kill it. Anyway, it’s a group called Richter scales.

and yes I agree that vcs are not that easy to crack them, at least not all the time. Maybe early 2000s they made too many mistakes in funding the wrong projects but generally they learned their lessons.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom