• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed 2 "Social-Issues" .US Names..

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DryHeat

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 4, 2002
Messages
825
Reaction score
0
ElderCare.US

&

DeathCare.US


Any ideas as to the most appropriate usage & valuations? Thanks!
 
Do you know any successful .us sales?
I don't think you could get much if you had care.us or death.us at the moment, and 2 word .us domains don't have any value at all, and may never have, IMO

kind regards
 
Eldercare.us is nice. This is big business and an aging population means demand for these services will increase substantially. I see a big corporate buyer in the future for this one.

Deathcare.us is a stinker imho.
 
Eldercare.us definitely works, but DeathCare? Who needs care when they're dead. It's too late! :)
 
I agree Elder Care is much much better but in case you're not aware Death Care is pretty big industry too....all the funeral homes & cemeteries are called "Death Care Industry"...they even advertise on Overture starting with $0.50 per click!!
 
Same for me and about everybody else. A big part of domain value:

I'm sure on occassion, as a complement or in place of using a search engine, you've tried typing in a generic.com for as a quick route to what you are looking for, and then, on even rarer occassions the .net, still rarer the .org, etc.

In Europe they try the .co.uk , the .de as well. It all diminishes from .com downward, and so when you get to the point of a 2 word .us the possible type ins are effectively zero, so the domain has no value. So this is the point I'm making about this domain.
 
Originally posted by Desi
I agree Elder Care is much much better but in case you're not aware Death Care is pretty big industry too....all the funeral homes & cemeteries are called "Death Care Industry"...they even advertise on Overture starting with $0.50 per click!!

Wow! That is one of the worst euphemisms I have ever heard. I had no idea it had entered the vernacular. That's why is pays to register in areas you are familiar with (I would prefer not to become familiar with that field for many more years - thank you.)!
 
I dont like deathcare but the "Eldercare" is probly worth around $25 even though its a .us.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom