Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

2007 Internext Domain Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll take that as a no.

Terminator

RR Media
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll take that as a no.

Its only been a couple weeks since the Live auction ended, it takes time for transactions like these to process. I would give it a full month before inquiring about it.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its only been a couple weeks since the Live auction ended, it takes time for transactions like these to process. I would give it a full month before inquiring about it.

If this were the late 90's and the only registrar vendor was still Network Solutions, I could believe that. There was never anyone slower than NSI.
But after a couple hundred domain transfers since then and a very competitive registrar environment, well, I can't recall any taking more than 10 days except non-payers.

No status updates, no domain movements, no nothing. Not a happy camper. I'm not angry. Just greatly disappointed.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got an email from my registrar the DAY AFTER I sent the transfer code that my domain had been transfered to Moniker. So, apparently they were working quick and fast to get the domains pushed to Moniker (step 1)... now they have to collect from the buyers and THAT may be something out of their control.

I'm still waiting too... my part has been done for a while as well. But I have no idea what's going on with the buyers.

GoPC

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got an email from my registrar the DAY AFTER I sent the transfer code that my domain had been transfered to Moniker. So, apparently they were working quick and fast to get the domains pushed to Moniker (step 1)....GoPC

The four from Live changed to Moniker on the 25th, and 5 from Silent didn't go until night, according to the NSI registry. I guess no payment by this weekend.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
=============

I just received an email that a check is in wire transfer for one of my nine domains. Apparently, the bidders haven't all paid yet and the "soft" deadline has passed. My faith is dwindling. Three weeks today.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent another email in today... I wonder if the Buyers just aren't paying.

Has ANYONE had a completed sale yet?

GoPC

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
=============

I just received an email that a check is in wire transfer for one of my nine domains. Apparently, the bidders haven't all paid yet and the "soft" deadline has passed. My faith is dwindling. Three weeks today.

Sorry, I'm coming late to this. Are you saying it's been 3 weeks since the auction and you haven't been paid????

And some buyers haven't even ponied up???

Absolutely no excuse for that, sorry. Domain valuations change daily and that kind of time is cwazzzzy.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I think that is the case. I've been in touch with:

Michael White
VP, Business Development
[email protected]

who has answered SOME of my questions. The latest I got from him was:

"The soft deadline to get funds in was just last week, always some procrastinators. No worries though, these will process quickly thereafter."

The day before I received:

"_blank_.com is the only domain ready to be processed. I can issue a wire
tomorrow. I hope this helps."

which, of course, leads me to wonder if the folks at Live auction were required to leave a check before they left Vegas...

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
which, of course, leads me to wonder if the folks at Live auction were required to leave a check before they left Vegas...

Monte did instruct all buyers to come to the front table to complete paperwork after the Live auction was over, I dont know if they collected any payments though.

There will always be NPB's, I went through this many times at Afternic when the buyer failed to pay, and I was locked into Afternics agreement which did not allow me to pull out of the deal for I believe 45 or 60 days.

I think you should try your best to be patient, you'll eventually get paid or you'll have your domain back....Good luck!

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There will always be NPB's....

NPB's, yes. But a possible 8 domains out of 9 though? If they are NPB's, than that would be a serious mgmt issue. But I'm not saying that yet.

With 2 million on the table, I'm sure Monte is doing what he needs to collect. As always, it's the lack of communication, in this case, daily status, that is causing the frustration several of us are feeling.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mike is my guy too... I just got an email from him today.

Money has CLEARED and is in the Escrow account :)

I just executed my new and improved concent agreement and sent it in. Last TRAFFIC Auction, I got paid the DAY AFTER I signed the concent form.

I signed today... we'll see about tomorrow ;)

Good Job guys!

GoPC

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I have seven of nine cleared now, four weeks post auction. Mike said he was clearing the remaining two this week so it should be done soon.

I did reach the end of my 60-day agreement so I requested removal of my domains from their marketplace. I think they are gone already actually.

My experience was not good, but only for the lack of communication. Perhaps in the future improvements will be made and lessons learned.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to hear these are being finalized. Congrats on the sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators