Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

$2500 LLLL.com Domain Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

EGS

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do you think of this pricing? How much are LLLL.com domains currently going for? :?:

I wanted it and still believe it to be a good investment, so I bought it. Originally the seller was asking $3500 but I was able to drop it down a thousand bucks but no further unfortunately. We started the Escrow transaction immediately only for me to look at my bank account with only like $800 in it - it took a little over ten days to scramble up the extra $1700. :p

Anyway, what do you think of my investment? Surely I see it as an investment because I will actually be using it.

If you *have* to know the domain name, :p, it's my username with the letter "i" in front of it. I couldn't grab the LLL.com version of my username no matter how high of an offer I went - a shame really - but I kind of like this 4L.com better. I did, however, purchase the LLL.us version of my username a few months back for a mere $800.

Anyway, let me know what you think and what the current LLLL.com domains are selling for! :) Anyone sell any for much more than I paid?

Domain Summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

If you want to discuss values of LLLL,com values in general that's fine, but appraisals of your personal domain, should be done in Appraisal section.

Thanks

to answer your question in general, imo $2500 is not a lot to pay for these type of domains, if you have the money and it's what you want.

domainers mostly see domain value based on today's market, maybe not considering long-range roi

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bigge, that's what I'm asking: what are LLLL.com domains going for right now? :p

that depends on where you're buying and selling them :)

backorders are closing at $$$ > $$$$ and LLLL words go higher at nj, snap and pool

forum prices range $$ and up, depending on which forum, seller and buyer.

sales to outsiders range $$$ and up

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it depends. If LLLL.com goes to the end users like yourself, the market will be there.

I would personally go for LLL.com or one or two words .com domains than not meaningful LLLL.com .This LLLL.com might be meaningful to you but not to majority of people.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well you can't just tell me, I want proof!
This will be one of my all time fav quotes on DNF.

Also, I love how this was post 911 - EMERGENCY.

LLLL.com's are selling on eBay in the range of $0.99 to slightly over $100 each.

Several members on here are selling.

If you want proof, search ebay for closed sales.

Last edited:

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't see why it matters what LLLL's are going for... no one would have paid $2500 for that name but you...

Most LLLL's are under $100 right now. Especially ones with very low google results.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see why it matters what LLLL's are going for... no one would have paid $2500 for that name but you...

Most LLLL's are under $100 right now. Especially ones with very low google results.

I second that. I would not pay more than $25 for that name. I should say not more than $10.

There might be a end user with the exact company name. Google it.

I think the seller was good in selling such domains. Very good sale.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You would not pay more for that domain which is all premium and starts with "i" ? Plus it has over 100k results in Google. James I would love to buy similar names for $200 each, drop me a list please.. This domain is worth mid $xxx in current resale market, but as EGS is an end user for it, he paid a proper price. Nothing extraordinary.
Btw, there are NO all premium LLLL.com's going for under $100, forget about it.

incka

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unless the LLLL is something which is brandable, like BING, then you've overpaid.

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People have even been letting some LLLL.com drop ones with bad letters like Q's Pronounceable LLLL.com's can go for $500 to xx,xxx. Your question is like saying how much is a car that depends on what car u want.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can visit website "LLLLsales.com"

lol

wtf is "anti premium"?

:rolleyes:

and please don't answer :)

can i put that shit in my car instead of unleaded?

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggedon, like it or not, "anti premium" has less chance for high-end sales, this is a fact, do your homework before talking about letter significance.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Biggedon, like it or not, "anti premium" has less chance for high-end sales, this is a fact, do your homework before talking about letter significance.

tetra

i was just mocking the term "anti premium"

it doesn't "anti-matter" to me how you guys catergorize letter significance

all that crap (double-quad, single-premium etc) may be in your mind when you see a domain, but not in mine

:)

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are statistics by Reece showing how different letters alter the sales price. You can ignore that, but it will still matter. There are always exceptions for all rules, you don't see a CVCV, VCVC or pronouncable the same way as a random LLLL.com.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tetrapak i think what biggedon means is that for an end user who wants that particular letter combination, letter 'quality' as signified by domainers is not relevant. He's 100% spot on in that.

Letter quality is just a domainer method of pricing llll.com values.

Oh and EGS, there's a reason why people say end user sales rock :drum:

Soofi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Daniel, what is anti premium anyways??

do your homework before talking about letter significance.

if anti premium means, domain with one, two or three bad letters in it then I doubt your knowledge about letter significance or more over domain significance !!

FYI & everyone around, jwmi.com (an anti premium domain) was sold on AfternicDLS for $2400 these days which was once sold in May, 2008 for mere $70 on Snapnames :p

tetrapak i think what biggedon means is that for an end user who wants that particular letter combination, letter 'quality' as signified by domainers is not relevant. He's 100% spot on in that.

Letter quality is just a domainer method of pricing llll.com values.

Exactly Samit paji!! :eek:k:

Last edited:

tristanperry

Domainer & Web/Software Dev
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can't simply say how much LLLL.com domains are worth.

That's like asking how much a car sells for, or how much a holiday sells for.

There's different quality domains, just like anything else.

I have some LLLL.coms worth $x,xxx, and some worth low $xx.

However $2.5k for the domain you quoted is over-priced, but if you really wanted it then there's no problem with paying that much for it :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom