Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

2900+ Uniques a day Confessed.Org

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First of all, the stats say 1100 visitors per day, not 2900.

Looking further, this domain has no Overture score, no significant links and it is simply parked at Sedo. Yet your stats show large numbers of traffic, rapidly increasing from month to month.
Maybe you can do some explaining on the traffic?

mudi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yeah, I just bought the domain.. and I am moving to sedo .. yo see how it goes there! most of the traffic is type ins, that must be the thing for overture..with extension.. it has never been advertised.. since its getting typeins already!

Total Unique Sites: 29116

29116 / 10 (10 day stats) = 2911

I have no clue what you are reffering to?

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For traffic you should use the column Visits, which says 1111 on average for September.

forona

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to see the 'referrers' part of the webalizer caps..

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hanogl said:
First of all, the stats say 1100 visitors per day, not 2900.

Looking further, this domain has no Overture score, no significant links and it is simply parked at Sedo. Yet your stats show large numbers of traffic, rapidly increasing from month to month. Maybe you can do some explaining on the traffic?

Was interested in the domain but where is the traffic coming from? My research tool shows no more than 4 low value sounding links and has no Overture and also no old site is listed anymore in Alexa plus no Alexa traffic rank. Is is possible to have such high traffic as 1100 visits/day with those kind of stats?

Did find a google cache to an old confessed.org page saying this: "Auto Homepage Script. IT'S EVIL. It'S NASTY. It's AnNoYINg!! It frustrates the newbie websurfer. It's an aggressive "guerrilla marketing" tactic, for sure. But in today's market, you NEED THE EDGE. Re-setting the user's homepage "quietly, behind the scenes" ....is an indispensable asset in your armory of guerrilla traffic tools."

Not sure about the significance of that but does not sound good.

Another oddity is the traffic stats per hour http://www.desihitlist.com/pictures/confessed2.jpg are reversed in that traffic drops off greatly starting about mid-day and into the afternoon and evening but is very strong late at night (after midnight), the exact opposite of what is normal.

mudi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow, I really donno so much abt the domain.. cuz I bought it less than 24h ..
but it is making $ on sedo..

and also the site is on alexa 2xx,xxx range...
really nice one word domain..all I see is typeins..no referred..I dont have the screen shot of the whole thing..since I bought it from the guy and I neva asked for that screenshot..
still taking offers.. my first one word domain.. dunno so much abt them..but trying to give u as much info as possible! :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mudi said:
wow, I really donno so much abt the domain.. cuz I bought it less than 24h ..
but it is making $ on sedo..

and also the site is on alexa 2xx,xxx range...
really nice one word domain..all I see is typeins..no referred..I dont have the screen shot of the whole thing..since I bought it from the guy and I neva asked for that screenshot..
still taking offers.. my first one word domain.. dunno so much abt them..but trying to give u as much info as possible! :)

Regarding Alexa, for some odd reason the Wayback Machine links are not there. Plus the traffic rank is showing sometimes but not there at other times?

I hope you don't mind me asking this but did you pay a lot of money for it? Did you buy it here?

If correct and valid mostly US traffic (very questionable due to the odd hourly traffic stats you gave), 1100 or more visits/day could be roughly a low to mid 5 figure name.

forona

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
you know, this just may be legit - I think I've actually visted this site - or one like it. I just saw the cached page. I remember once cracking up reading it (or one just like it). people would just post crazy 'confessions'.. like one guy said something like 'i confess, i get paid a lot at my job and people think i'm real important but really i just sit around playing bejeweled all day'.

I would guess you bought this from the owner, not on a drop?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mudi said:
yes, bought from a owner

Any opinion on if the high traffic is possibly due to this?

"Found a Google cache to old confessed.org/homepage.html saying this: "Auto Homepage Script - Build Massive Traffic To Your Website Money Back Guarantee. If in 30 days you do not see traffic to your site double I will refund the entire $99. You can't go wrong. Auto Homepage Script. IT'S EVIL, It'S NASTY. It's AnNoYINg!! It frustrates the newbie websurfer. It's an aggressive "guerrilla marketing" tactic, for sure. But in today's market, you NEED THE EDGE. Re-setting the user's homepage "quietly, behind the scenes" ....is an indispensable asset in your armory of guerrilla traffic tools."

mudi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh ..srry I thought u were talking abt sumthign diff.. I just saw the page.. my english is not the best, can some one please tell me what that script does?? that he is selling?

well, I get the point that it makes the traffic increase but how//? real visitors?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It really is self-explanatory. It seems to be a script where it sets the home page to the website without asking if the visitor wants to do so or not.

IMO, it's a fraudulent way to get traffic and the traffic value would appear to be of dubious value as you will get lots of angry and confused visitors who would be most unlikely to click on links or buy anything. That form of traffic would also be very tough to monetize thru good targeting.

If most of the traffic is coming from that script (as it appears) and you paid $2,000 for the name it would seem you way overpaid for the name and the name could possibly be classified as a fraudulent, misleading and misrepresented sale to you.

Any one else have opinions on this or am I the only one here today?

forona

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what that is, is a script that resets the visitor's home page. It could be that most of your traffic comes from people starting up their web browser and having that site as the home page (not by their choice). Eventually they'll figure out how to fix that and/or get new PCs. haha. I have a feeling there are other traffic sources as well, as RealNames mentioned above, the trends are real strange..

The site doesn't have many search engine listings and a PR2, so I'd have to guess the traffic is from some strange source(s). Let's see a screen shot of the 'referrers' from webalizer...

hanogl

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would never pay that $2000 for this kind of traffic.
If the sale was fraudulent etc depends on whether the previous owner was aware of the traffic source, and what he told you about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom