Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld 3 letter .ca values

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcd323

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, any ideas what a 3-letter .ca domain is worth to an end-user these days? I've got someone contacting me about my domain smp(dot)ca and he wants me to make the first offer..

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
s, m and p are all premium letters plus there are many acronyms for smp. I personally wouldn't start off by making the first offer. Say something like I was not planning on selling it but might consider providing the right offer comes along. Please feel free to make an offer... I would take a stab and say this might be an enduser like http://www.smpchev.ca

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I would not settle for anything less than 5K...I would say its in your development pipeline, bla bla,...start out at 25K

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
premium LLL.ca like that usually go for mid to upper xxx at the weekly TBR's, even low x,xxx.

The most I've seen for an LLL.ca was I think about $20,000 for GMX.ca, which was bought by the global mail exchange company gmx.com

Hard to say what your domain is worth to the buyer, but I'd let them make the first offer, or else give them a price higher than you think you'd get.

Also depends on what your plans for the domain are, do you need to make a sale, etc.

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I am aware of 3 sales that ranged from 3K to 20K and they were not to huge companies...if you are not going to ask for the money, then domaining is a tough game. There are 35 domains registered with CIRA that start with smp...lots of buyers...dont settle.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree...or sell it to me for $500 ;-)

Wzhxvy

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
ian, that will cost you $50 for all the domains you have sold me lol

But since you bit, go to the CIRA website, and do a who is search but dont add the .ca at the end...when it does the search, it comes back with all the names that start with smp...excellent feature...will be expecting your EMT shortly

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL...it is a good LLL.ca for sure. Best of skill with the sale ;-)

Belzibut

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First thing I do is to find out who the buyer is. Google the name or email of whoever contacted you. Once you know who you're dealing with then you can make a much smarter offer. I wouldn't bother asking what they want to use it for, they will probably lie.

dcd323

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your feedback guys, the sale is pending.

I can't believe how much .ca domains have appreciated over the years. When I started buying them in 05, I hand reg'd a bunch of premium 3 letter domains..

DomainSpace

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't believe how much .ca domains have appreciated over the years. ..

They have but not nearly where they should be. Hopefully end users will start to look at quality .ca domains instead of a crappy domain in another extension

stevo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your feedback guys, the sale is pending.

I can't believe how much .ca domains have appreciated over the years. When I started buying them in 05, I hand reg'd a bunch of premium 3 letter domains..

Can you disclose the sales price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators