• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed 3 worded domains?

  • Thread starter Thread starter -
  • Start date Start date
This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest
Hi, is it possible that 3 worded domains have good value?

Domains like: topfreegames.com OR freemobilerings.com .

Also .net domains, is phonebook.net worth anything?

Thanks!
 
if its a good 3 word combo, then sure they have value.

but the percentage of poor 3 word domains to good 3 word domains is greater than with 2 word combo's.

Imo, neither topfreegames.com or freemobilerings.com is a good 3 word combo though.
 
Originally posted by safesys if its a good 3 word combo, then sure they have value. but the percentage of poor 3 word domains to good 3 word domains is greater than with 2 word combo's. Imo, neither topfreegames.com or freemobilerings.com is a good 3 word combo though.

Agree, the more words that are involved the percentage of valueless ones increases.

However, I have seen some multi-word domains with good value. As a matter of fact, I have many myself as I specialize in long developed url's and long names, providing they are also real names, phrases and terms. ;)

For example, at one time it was believed I held the record (Afternic indicated that was so) for longest name ever sold on Afternic (approx' 2-1/2 yrs ago) for more than $1000. It consisted of 5 words and 29 characters. That was soon after long domains of more than 22 characters were first permitted by the registrars, in late 1999.

Another active website of mine has 6 words in it (and 28 characters) and is one of my best type-in sites, getting on average 150 uniques a day, with most coming from type-ins as far as I know.

I have always said a long domain which is a real term and real-name is worth a lot more than a short made-up name, which is likely worthless by itself.

Does anyone here have some long but good real-names which also has type-in traffic? If so, please let me know and I may be interested in the domain.
 
No one addressed your question about phonebook.net. It is definitely of value. The amount could fall within a wide range. I would leave a $ appraisal to those more experienced that myself.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Realname:Does anyone here have some long but good real-names which also has type-in traffic? If so, please let me know and I may be interested in the domain.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am the guy you are looking for. :-)

Arvind
 
LMAO.
This has to be some kind of a record. 6 Year Old thread revived.
And the thread was from a Guest.
Notice No Name on the thread listing :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom