• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale 30 new .coms >>> Quality speaks for itself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainProf,

empirically.com is too "academic" for me. I'm interested in one word domains, but I need something more practical - like most of the two-part names you've listed above - something that is understandable to most people outside of academia.

If you have something along these lines, please PM me.

Thanks

SeekingPerfection
 
Many thanks for the very useful feedback. Please let me know what areas your main interests are in, and I can post a much more comprehensive list covering those areas.
The 30 .com's posted above are just the tip of the iceberg.

DomainProf
 
I don't have strong preferences as to what areas the names are in, as long as the average visitor in that area of the web can guess easily what to expect if clicks on that name.

I like many of the double-barrel names above, but I do have a preference for one-word wonders. I know many people now think this is an outdated approach, but I still like the one-worders (probably for sentimental reasons, to do with the tremendously exciting time people like me had at the beginning of the internet bubble, when one-worders were all the rage). Ah, the good old days!
 
manliest.com is very impressive, but it's not obvious what I'll find there if I click on it (you already know I have a thing about this).
 
I agree, it's not obvious what one can expect to find if they click on manliest.com - undoubtedly there is more than one possible use for it.

Since the name was registered originally, people have pointed out that it could be used for many purposes not envisaged at the time, including as a 'vanity email' root (where users would be given the right to register their names or other words as prefixes (hopefully with a bit of humor mixed in, e.g. [email protected] :-)). This wasn't the original plan though.

At the time of registering manliest.com the person who actually planned to use it was inspired by the success of LaughLab.co.uk, which organized and publicized the global poll for the world's funnies joke. According to Amazon.com, "350,000 people took part in the study, and in the first week the LaughLab website made the World Top Ten with around 3 million attempted hits a day." The intention was to address the young (and less young) female market by organizing and publicizing for free (as many other people have succeeded in harnessing the mass media through sheer curiosity value) a global poll on the manliest.com website for the 'manliest man on Earth'. Registered users would be able to nominate celebrities and mere mortals alike, and those with a certain number of nominations would be put forward for a multiple choice vote by all visitors on the site (as long as each potential voter could verify the email address provided by responding to a confirmation message). I do think one could get the free publicity if things are handled properly, but I simply don't have the time for a project of this nature.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom