Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed 3g +hosting Domains

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Today's second-generation GSM networks deliver high quality and secure mobile voice and data services (such as SMS/Text Messaging) with full roaming capabilities across the world.

Today's GSM platform is a hugely successful wireless technology and an unprecedented story of global achievement. In less than ten years since the first GSM network was commercially launched, it became the world's leading and fastest growing mobile standard, spanning over 174 countries. Today, GSM technology is in use by more than one in ten of the world's population and growth continues to soar with the number of subscribers worldwide expected to surpass one billion by the end of 2003.

The progress hasn't stopped there. Today's GSM platform is living, growing and evolving and already offers an expanded and feature-rich 'family' of voice and data enabling services.

it's all about V/D transmission packets now.
Voice Data
ie:
DataVoiceMail.com
DataVoiceHost.com
* may have the .net's here too.. not sure.

will have to check.

Domain summit 2024

Did you know that you can be instantly contactable on your usual number in over 100 countries world wide, when you travel with your GSM phone using your own number?

The major advantage of GSM technology is that it allows you to use your GSM phone when you travel outside your own country or region. This is known as roaming.

Roaming is the ability to use your own GSM phone number in another GSM network. You can roam to another region or country and use the services of any network operator in that region that has a roaming agreement with your GSM network operator in your home region/country.

A roaming agreement is a business agreement between two network operators to transfer items such as call charges and subscription information back and forth, as their subscribers roam into each other's areas.

The GSM Association is the premier global body behind the world's leading wireless communications standard. It is responsible for the development, deployment and evolution of the GSM standard for digital wireless communications and for the promotion of the GSM platform.

Originally posted by RealNames

I am not sure what 3GSM could mean. Also, the Afternic Sales of The Week are highly suspect and perhaps false. I recall several sales with suspect bids and one in particular where the Sale of The Week was on a domain which was unreg'd :D by anyone when AN announced the sale!

It later was reg'd for $15 by one of the AN forum members more or less as a joke. Inquiries to AN about that obvioulsy false Sale of The Week met with the typical Afternic non-response. Afternic appears to be little more than an Automated Bot and sucks big time, and could care less about their members. :mad:

that Anic 'sale of the week' is most like a farse/crock.. like in
previous 'sale of the week', as you have mentioned.

i would think 3GSM would go for more then this.

should archive the 'dn' data on that name.. and see if there was a name transfer.. would be interesting tidbit to know.. :)

KLICKMARKET

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well that was a very worthwhile excercise, and sorted the wheat from the chaff.

the original exercise "3G + HOSTING" was to try and find out why not one person had bothered to value RunBroadBand.com which i consider to be an excellent domain...... i now have my own ideas on the reasons for that one !!

With regard to the posts on this particular forum, i would commend those who gave an informed response, and understood what they were supposed to be appraising.......thank you !!!!
Others were honest,or neutral, but fair which is the least one could expect
The remainder i would suggest should stay within the boundaries of their knowledge.........or get informed !!

Fortunately this is only a penny hobby for www.klickmarket.com
and the ill-informed negative comments have no impact , ....but to others, who are trying to make a better life for themseves attempting to sell the odd good domain, it could have been damaging.

quote me on this any time
"IF YOU AINT GOT NUTHIN GOOD TO SAY ......SAY NUTHIN"

:cool: KLICK :)

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Obviously there are people out there buying 3G domains, which on the surface of it DO have good value, which implies that REALNAMES and DREWBERT either haven't got a clue what they are talking about, or they are simply perennial negative personalities. ..... (or maybe both) !!

You're joking right?

Drewbert is one of those guys right up there with Yun Yee or Franky from PTI. One of the top drop jockeys in the world.

Don't know what you know about this business but if Drewbert tells you they're useless think "real".

As in "REAL USELESS" :D

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Klickmarket, you need to do some research on who you're running your mouth off against before you acuse people of "boundaries of knowledge".

And if you studied 3G license owners you would know that most of them are having a hard time paying the interest payments on the money they loaned to play in the 3G auctions. No spare cash to spend on stupid 3G domains.

3G is just a over-hyped cellular data protocol, like HTTP is a web server protocol.

Here are some other protocols in heavy use right now - you tell me the domain names that have one of these words in them that sold for big money.

pop
http
nntp
gsm
rarp
wap
cdma
amps

Now, you tell me, please, why 3G is any different from those. WAP was the previous one that was hyped, and it BOMBED judging from the horrendous amount of WAP domains that dropped recently.

When the telcos can finally afford to roll out their 3G networks (those that remain standing after the stockmarkets finally values them at what they're really worth), they will BRAND their 3G services. Those brands are highly unlikely to include the term 3G.

The protocol that's quietly turning the Telco's on their heads is 802.11. But don't run out and buy a bunch of domains about it, because it's Internet guru's that are doing all the 802.11 work, and they don't need stupid domain names to do it with.

If you want to have people tell you you've got millions of dollars worth of 3G names in your portfolio, best you ask Afternic to switch their stupid appraisal/co-masturbation system back on. Other than that, take a reality pill, write them off as a loss and get on with life.

F

FAIRPLAY

Originally posted by Drewbert
They suck.

What an absolute waste of money.

Ask around - most of the losers that registered lots of 3G domains have already dropped them as a bad joke.

the above was your first post on this subject Drewbert...and i have to admit, it appeared on the surface to be a very juvenile response to a serious question!!

Your second had a little more substance to it, although not particularly accurate either !!

a simple test typing in the term 3G on Altavista appears to generate a 40% (app.) return on websites using the 3G term as part of their URL for their base domain.
This would also appear to tell a lie to your theories on this particular protocol usage for domains.

fortunately this is a domain forum where everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and of course you are no exception.

the important thing for all to remember is that it is ONLY YOUR OPINION, which neither makes it fact, or correct!!

How about posting something positive on this subject for a change, as this is surely the real purpose of these forums.

IF THEIR IS NOTHING TO BE GAINED FROM THIS PLACE, THEN THERE IS NO POINT TO IT !!!

FAIRPLAY..............for all !!

If all people do is stroke ego's there is no real value. Discovering why people do or don't like a domain is surely more valuable than only getting the "fantastic domain, $100k min" style replies.

surely, its better to get negatives and find ways to overcome them here in a reseller community than to do the same thing with real world buyers.

I think drews latest point about technologies is extremely appropriate and illustrates real comparative examples.

vialli

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The idea behind forum's are for people to voice their own opinions on whatever subject is raised.

Surely we can all learn from replies whether they say a name is worth miliions or the names are only worth the reg fee.

If you can extract postive info from either a negative or positive reply then you are half way there.

I personally think that some 3g names will resell well, this is not to say that because is has a prefix using one of the latest buzzwords that it will make a fortune.

How many 24-7 names were snapped up?
How many 1800 names were registered?
How many e names and i names were bagged?

How many have resold in comparison to the vast amounts we see dropping today.

Many prefixes have their day, but the trend does not last for ever.

T

Tee

That would make sense if the guy wasn't so wrong. 3G is totally different than wap or http. They are not the same thing at all. It is hardly just about some protocol. 3g refers to a whole type of technology and is referred to extensively on the att and sprint site. It far more encompassing than wap and is a lot more consumer brand friendly.

In particular, I find his logic that companies offering 3g services would not use 3g for branding particularly disturbing as of course it makes the most sense to brand using the 3g somehow as 3g itself already has a brandy feel to it. Like 3d, 3g is attractive and sound modern.

Most sites that I have found define 3g as: the third generation of wireless communication technology.

This is a little more encompassing than one or two particular protocals, even though it may involve them. It is hardly a wap.

Mobile wireless devices, especially mutifeatured ones, is what 3g represents.

Sure, 100 million dollar appraisals and ego stroking is something that is not helpful. But going in the other opposite direction is just as unhelpful and pointless.

Of course, regardless of how popular the term gets as we evolve toward it, some 3g names will just suck no matter what.

Originally posted by Tee
Of course, regardless of how popular the term gets as we evolve toward it, some 3g names will just suck no matter what.

I think maybe that is the original point, that *just because* a domain has 3g in it doesn't make it valuable.

I'd love to own 3g.com or 3gshop.com or 3gphones.com - but 3gsmurfs.org i'd pass on.

T

Tee

I hear you lol. That would be a real crappy one.

Your point is true, and having sex in a domain name doesn't make it valuable either. But as you get closer to sex and sensible sex names, the worth goes up.

Let me ask you, what do you think of 3gtechnology.net? I think it is a potential buzz phrase, but do you think or could you envision actual use? Do you think it may have value beyond the buzz? I think it works as a vanity name.

thats a tricky one with it being a .net - i can see how 3g and the net are interwoven so it could work in that respect.

I don't think its as well suited to the .net as your gobroadband is, though.

heatfan

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What do You think about 3gLink.com ?

T

Tee

I dont know about 3glink. I guess it could work. I think the best names are names that are extremly relvant to 3g like 3gwireless, 3g, 3gtechnology, 3gbroadband, 3gsolutions, 3gphones etc.

KLICKMARKET

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
LG focuses on 3G products and set $1.7billion target sales
date: May 8, 2002

LG Electronics, Korea's second biggest electronics maker, has set a goal of earning $1.7 billion by exporting 11 million handsets this year.

In a press conference, Kim Jong-eun, president of information technology business of LG, saying the company will stabilize its CDMA cellular phone business, and begin a full-fledged supply of GSM-based handsets from this year.

"For this year, we will focus on developing new 3G products and making inroads into overseas markets," Kim said. "The company will expand handset supplies at home and abroad to 45 million units by 2005 to make it the world's five largest mobile phone manufacturer."

To this end, LG plans to enhance its dominance in the domestic color display cellular phone market, and launch a full-scale GSM business in Europe and China.

It will also intensify marketing activities in such strategic areas as the Central and South American region and promote its 3G-handset products.

OF COURSE NO SENSIBLE UTILITY WOULD USE A GENERIC "PROTOCOL" TO DESCRIBE A PRODUCT ...LOL

KLICKMARKET..!! (game,set + match)

www.klickmarket.com

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
>OF COURSE NO SENSIBLE UTILITY WOULD USE A GENERIC "PROTOCOL" TO DESCRIBE A PRODUCT ...LOL

They're a phone manufacturer, NOT a service provider, brainbox. They don't sell to the consumer.

>KLICKMARKET..!! (game,set + match)

Hardly.

They also mentioned CDMA and GSM in that press release.

Where are all your CDMA* and GSM* domain names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators