• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed 5 Russians...

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daem0n

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 22, 2005
Messages
302
Reaction score
0
xn--80aaah3ajdftm0i.com - Калашникова (Klashnikov)
xn--h1adoqz.com - пушки (Guns)
xn--f1aeqip8e.com - оружия (Weapons)
xn--80aewifebwo.com - космонавт (Cosmonaut)
xn--80aaa6agpeweg0ne.com - Красная Армия (Red Army)

What do you guys think? I'm not sure about applications for the last two but they really reminded me of Russian culture and history so I bought them. Any ideas would be great! Thanks, -Joe
 
xn--80aaah3ajdftm0i.com - regfee (because it's not Kalashnikov, it's Kalashnikova, the woman variant of the surname, maybe you'll get light type-in traffic)
xn--h1adoqz.com - regfee (пушки is a slang word for firearms; this word is also an old name for atillery gun http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Cannon, but I can't see how to use this name or make some $ from parking)
xn--f1aeqip8e.com - regfee (wrong form of оружие, which would cost high $xxxx)
xn--80aewifebwo.com - regfee (can't see any usage)
xn--80aaa6agpeweg0ne.com - regfee (there is no Red Army in modern Russia, people searched for history records; there is no market for this name today)
 
Klashnikov is spelled both ways depending on who you talk to. I do own both Калашникова.com and Калашников.com though. As for the others, thanks for the info but I do believe they are worth a lot more than regfee. Most have about 15,000 Wordstats from Yandex and even though weapons is mispelled, for some reason it has a match of over 21 million google results. A couple others also have very high search results so I do have to think they are worth something. There is a market out there for them.
 
People search for "автомат Калашникова", (translation is: Kalashnikov's rifle). This 'a' at the end of the word is like 's.

Again, калашникова.com is good as a female surname only.
People won't type калашникова.com if they need info about the rifle, believe me.

I may be wrong with my appraisals (I tried to set today value of your domains).
Possibly, there will be demand for these names in the future; who knows.
Good luck with them!
 
Thanks for your info :) Doesn't "автомат Калашникова" mean Automatic Klashnikov? If so, then I don't know about what you said because coming from a weapons standpoint...I'm not going to search for automatic Klashnikov. I'll search for just Klashnikov because the Klashnikov is automatic by nature. It is a machine gun (automatic). ??

Ah just re-reading, maybe I am mistunderstanding you. Maybe you mean that people won't type Калашникова in because it's possesive? This might be the case, which is why I registered Калашников also, because I wasn't sure. Thank you :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom