Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

5 stolen names from bakhtaran - Do Not buy these domains from him Police report filed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The following five domain names has been stolen from me by bakhtaran:
7MY.com
4Ls.com
v4y.com
b4q.com
u4y.com
Do not buy these names from him, because other DNF members told me that he is trying to selling these names and these names are stolen properties. I have already filed a police report at Concord, NC at 10 PM on 9/11.

Domain Summit 2024

ColdGin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How he stole from you? Did you transfer before he payed?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"Stolen" and "defrauded" while similar aren't the same ...

If he "stole" the domains by doing an unauthorized domain transfer, forging signatures, etc ... then you have easier recourse against both the "thief" and more to the point any future "buyers".

However, if you were defrauded (ie. didn't pay, canceled payment, etc) in the process of doing business with the other party, things get a bit murky ... and legal recourse against future buyers of the domains may be more limited.

It's very important for all parties to know who's who, since all transactions involve some risk ... more one knows about the other party(s), and takes reasonable precautions along the way (ie. verifying ownership, checking reputation, using escrow, etc), the more likely of having a smooth transaction.

Most fraud that domainers experience center around revocable payment methods - for example, a buyer pays with PayPal and then, for whatever reason, payment is later canceled / reversed, etc.

With all that said, the most effective thing you can do at this point, is what you are doing ... spread the word the 5 domains are "hot" goods on all the domain forums (ie. here and NPros) ... buyers with any sense at all will avoid the domains and hopefully at some point you'll be able to recover them.

Ron

netfounder

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why did not get touch with thief?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The following five domain names has been stolen from me by bakhtaran: QUOTE]

Why did you open 4 threads for the same incident? I lost track of which one I posted too..:greenconfused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom