Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

$50 seem a little steep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

Originally posted by NamePopper.com
:sad:

I'm sorry mole. I meant what I said as a genuine compliment. I apologize if it seemed otherwise.

Thanks Pop, much appreciate. mole's don't understand compliments. :dead:

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by woohoo
If the result is less whiners like you than this new plan is even better than I thought. :)

how long have you been thinking about this plan?

here is the spam that the spammer has been spamming.

curious who sent you a copy of the spam... the original sender or some other member of the forum?

If I were in charge your ass would be out of here

is that what will happen?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr Domeface why are you focusing on me?

Are you not concerned that this person is spamming other members?

Not to mention it's backstabbing opportunistic spam to try and steal other members from this fine forum.

I think I should ask you what your interest in this really is?

Are you somehow associated with the spammer? :eek:

Hi woohoo,

i agree that it is poor taste to use one forum's message system to try to take customers/members away to another. no connection that I am aware of between me and the messages.

i am focusing on you because i am puzzled by your comments that this new plan is more successful than you originally thought and what you would do if you were in charge... combined with your aggressive language... and i thought i would engage you in a dialogue to learn a little more about your perspective on things... perhaps if i better understood where you are coming from i would be better able to appreciate your contributions to this forum.

Sincerely, DomeFace... i mean, DomeBase :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the result is less whiners like you than this new plan is even better than I thought.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

how long have you been thinking about this plan?

quote:
If I were in charge your ass would be out of here

is that what will happen?

Spit it out Domebase. What are you wanting to say?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

Spit it out Domebase. What are you wanting to say?

Hi Greg,

Thanks for stepping in here. I think that if you compare woohoo's behavior and language to the rules, you will see that it is not appropriate. Hope that does not get me banned for pointing that out. I guess I would be the first banned Platinum Member.

:depressed

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase

I think that if you compare woohoo's behavior and language to the rules, you will see that it is not appropriate.

If I banned everyone that used a word like ass, this would become a ghost town. I would be the first one banned. :rolleyes:

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Sorry the word ass bothered you. If I had known the word ass was going to bother you then I would not have used the word ass. In the future when I feel like saying ass I will try to find something besides ass to say.

OK - I admit this is kinda funny - but it's still a lot of ass for one day. Lets move on please.

The real focus here should be 'dvolution' sending Spam to our members. That's not cool - and I think we all can agree on that point anyway. I doubt he/she will even have the nerve to return - and I suggest anybody who gets Spam from them should just ignore it - or report it to their isp.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would be the first one banned. :rolleyes:

LOL That would be ironic, bit I do not think that is even possible!

It is not a matter of a bad word or two, but a matter of even-handedness in dealing with personal attack. I hope that these rules still apply -- "personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. We also take politeness very seriously"

As a friend has said, i guess it is time to move on...

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

If I banned everyone that used a word like ass, this would become a ghost town...

A ghost town is exactly where this place is heading. The only thing that can change that, is a quick about face from this paid membership direction you've decided on. Greg don't be too mad at this post... just trying to help save dnforum.com. You mentioned in your reasons to go paid, that this forum was taking away from your time on other projects that actually made you $$. If that's the case, then you should put less time into this forum (that would be less detrimental than closing off the community to all). This forum is something you should do more for fun and passion, with whatever time you can reasonably devote. Make it profitable... sure, but "paid" is going to kill it. It's not too late to fix the problem.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by greggish
This forum is something you should do more for fun and passion

I fully agree....and while he is at it, I have a few other little things I would like to see GregR do for "fun and passion" rather than something as crass as money:

1. Mow my lawn
2. Clean the pool
3. Pick up my dry cleaning
4. Read and delete each piece of Spam in my email box
5. Smack Namepopper on the head with a newspaper whenever he pokes fun at me.

I will stop there because I don't want to push my luck. By the way Greggish, do you happen to get paid for your work? If not, I'm sure GregR would be happy to switch out with you once in awhile on that chore list above.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No way you are getting #5. I have a clause in my contract that says everytime Greg smacks me - he must give me a premium 3 Letter .Com - and you know how that would drive him crazy.

Smack...... DOH. Smack...... DOH. :D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No way you are getting #5. I have a clause in my contract that says everytime Greg smacks me - he must give me a premium 3 Letter .Com - and you know how that would drive him crazy.

Smack...... DOH. Smack...... DOH. :D

Don't fall for it Popper - he tried to give you DOH.com TWICE!

bigdave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Life on the Internet, forums come and forums go.

If Gregr didn't like the dnforum business model, then perhaps he shouldn't have bought it. But he is now the owner, and can run it as he pleases.

I will give it a thought, but doubt I will pony up money for this particular forum. There is some good information here, but it is drowned by the volume of postings from some members who rack up hundreds of posts per month saying nothing.

Cheers and best wishes! :rolleyes:

BD

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah Dave - and the THOUSANDS of names sold here - are drowned out by what exacty? :confused:

bigdave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah Dave - and the THOUSANDS of names sold here - are drowned out by what exacty? :confused:

I wasn't talking about the buying and selling activity as I don't participate in that. My interest in this forum has been the threads with domain related news and discussions. A few (not even a lot) members post into threads for no apparent reason, without adding any information or viewpoint. Maybe it's to run up their post counts, maybe it's to get more dnforum bucks, who knows.

If the business decision of dnforum is to orient more towards the professional buyers and sellers, that's cool. That's not my interest here, so I'll say a sincere thank you for the past and move on.

Cheers, BD

BTW got a statistic on exactly how many THOUSANDS of names have been sold here? THat would be cool to know. :cool:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't go anywhere yet Dave. The exit polls are looking like a Silver memberships will be free. http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22237

Also, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that 2,000 + name transactions have occurred as a result of this site. So that qualifies as thousands. :)

A lot of transactions go unnoticed because a lot of people complete transactions via PM or the chat room. I bought a lot of names in the chat room. That's what sparked the idea of a live auction.

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I bought a lot of names in the chat room.

wow i guess i must keep catching you at a bad time then :laugh:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bigdave

A few (not even a lot) members post into threads for no apparent reason, without adding any information or viewpoint. Maybe it's to run up their post counts, maybe it's to get more dnforum bucks, who knows.

Let's not forget the following:-

1. Everyone has there own particular interests.
2. Not everyone has the same experience to offer and so their posts may lack the "quality" of others.
3. Just because it's "nothing" to you, doesn't mean that a post is "nothing" to everyone.
4. It is (at present) a free forum for all to share and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators