Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

$50 seem a little steep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
Don't go anywhere yet Dave. The exit polls are looking like a Silver memberships will be free.

See there Dave - we are thinking about you! :)

I second Greg in saying don't go anywhere. There is room for everybody here - from people who post 10 times a day or 10 times a month. Greg is also showing that he is willing to listen - and make a change if the majority demand it.

I feel the good vibes starting to build.

bigdave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Don't go anywhere yet Dave. The exit polls are looking like a Silver memberships will be free. http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22237

Also, I don't think it would be a stretch to say that 2,000 + name transactions have occurred as a result of this site. So that qualifies as thousands. :)

No sweat, I'm not leaving until I'm kicked out for non-payment! :D

As I said, it's cool that the forum is evolving in new directions. Since I am a domain name enthusiast and NOT a pro, the new directions may or may not coincide with my interests. That's not good or bad, but just my $.02 worth. At the end of the day, the guy who pays the bills (you!) has the ultimate authority for where things go and of course getting the bills paid.

The roots of this thread were to b**** about the charges. I don't want to do that, but was just expressing my own personal views. This forum has well over a thousand members, so therefore it has over a thousand personal viewpoints!

As I said, I've enjoyed and appreciated my visits here, no matter what the future holds.

Cheers and best wishes,
BD

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
...There is room for everybody here - from people who post 10 times a day or 10 times a month...

I hope you're right Popper, but that still does not seem to be the case. So far Greg's new proposed plan has not changed to allow for free posting, just browsing. Without the ability to participate and comment freely in the General forums, growth is not possible and the place will become stagnant. I'm still hopeful that Greg will change his mind on this too; that's the main reason I'm still around.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase

Hi Greg,

Thanks for stepping in here. I think that if you compare woohoo's behavior and language to the rules, you will see that it is not appropriate. Hope that does not get me banned for pointing that out. I guess I would be the first banned Platinum Member.

:depressed

I spent a few minutes cycling through woohoo's postings the other day. After closely comparing their writing styles (i.e. the way that they say things and put their sentences together), one could be forgiven for thinking that woohoo and gregr are the same person. :)

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by davidthornton

I spent a few minutes cycling through woohoo's postings the other day. After closely comparing their writing styles (i.e. the way that they say things and put their sentences together), one could be forgiven for thinking that woohoo and gregr are the same person. :)

Mr Woohoo - please stand up! :D

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by davidthornton

one could be forgiven for thinking that woohoo and gregr are the same person. :)

David if you paid to go to school, get a refund. You deserve it.

I have 2 accounts gregr and greg. I only have the second one to test different types of accounts and I'm about done with that. So I won't be needing the extra account.

I don't play those games. Sorry to dissapoint you.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

David if you paid to go to school, get a refund. You deserve it.

I have 2 accounts gregr and greg. I only have the second one to test different types of accounts and I'm about done with that. So I won't be needing the extra account.

I don't play those games. Sorry to dissapoint you.

Why are you apologising? :) I said 'forgiven for thinking'. I didn't say you were. Your writing styles are quite similar.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's definitely not true - but I'm sure woohoo would probably find that statement very flattering. Heh!

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I just signed up for the Platinum plan :D
I highly recommend it.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2003
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I highly recommend it.

Thanks 2003!:D

greg

Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2003

I highly recommend it.

If this endorsement doesn't shove you off the fence, nothing will. :)

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by greg

If this endorsement doesn't shove you off the fence, nothing will. :)

You got that right! That's one thing you gotta love about Theo - he is imminently practical. Other people go "oh, you hurt my feelings, I'm going to run away and never come back!". Theo says "screw that...I got a business to run!" :)

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You know, I was going to sign up regardless, because I don't think $50 is much when you are a seller. I am not 100% sure about buyers :D

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have to add, this whole thing with 2003 being banned one week and a Platinum member the next is an illustration of what I like about this place. You never know what is going to happen next!

Being on DNF is like flying down a mountainous stretch of the Pacific Coast Highway at 140 miles per hour (with no guard rails between you and a 500 foot drop to the ocean rocks below). It can scare you witless but it can also be exhilarating. No one falls asleep here (and considering the auctions don't start until 1AM in Europe...it's a darn good thing they don't!).

Sure we fight like cats and dogs every now and then, but DNFers are quick to let bygones by bygones - at least until the next riot! It's certainly the most entertaining forum I've ever been in. :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com
It's definitely not true - but I'm sure woohoo would probably find that statement very flattering. Heh!

well... you da man Popper, so OK

I would ask, though, that if he, or I or anyone else begins frothing at the mouth and taking sizable chuncks out of some other member's leg, that you would rapidly administer a rabies vaccine, regardless of who is on what side of what issue!

thanks

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I would ask, though, that if he, or I or anyone else begins frothing at the mouth and taking sizable chuncks out of some other member's leg, that you would rapidly administer a rabies vaccine, regardless of who is on what side of what issue!

thanks

Ok, I just got through saying you never know what will happen here. Well, I do know that we are never going to see Domebase frothing at the mouth and taking a chunk out of another member's leg.....bummer....I would pay extra to see that! :)

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

thanks

Somehow I missed the woohoo frothing at the mouth and eating habits. David Thornten thinks we have the same writing style and we could be the same person. :eek:

Maybe I should warn my wife. :)

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Somehow I missed the woohoo frothing at the mouth and eating habits. David Thornten thinks we have the same writing style and we could be the same person.

my fault. don't blame him.

Maybe I should warn my wife. :)

unless foaming and nibbling is well received?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators