Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed 5stars.com - Next yelp or hotel website?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

p0ck3taces

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey I would like to know what you guys think 5stars.com is worth. Great name for a local review site like yelp or turn it into a big player in the 5 star hotel industry.

Also can you guys suggest a place where I can pay for a domain appraisal? Is there a site domainers trust? I would like to get the domain professionally appraised.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am guessing you just bought this from the flippa auction? Its a decent name for development but without actually being developed, has little intrinsic value.

jstewart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
agreed with above, not much undeveloped, but very high potential for development. $50

p0ck3taces

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
reg fee, lol. 13 year old domain name and a word most all of our rating systems go by. One of the biggest words in the hotel industry.

Isn't the potential it has for being developed what makes up its intrinsic value...

sbtx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OMG!, Is this appraisal thread for developed websites or domain names? I like, ill offer $500, just my appraisal

[h=4]Domain Age[/h]The age of a domain is a big factor in determining its value. Older domains tend to rank better in search engines and are therefore worth more money.
Domain Created Date: 2000-03-07
Domain Age: 11 Years, 230 Days
pagerank-icon.jpg
[h=4]Google PageRank[/h]PageRank is a metric used by Google (out of 10) where the higher the number the more confidence Google places in your website's content. High PageRank sites are more valuable...
PageRank: 1

[h=4]Compete Traffic Details[/h]Compete.com queries more than 2 million users to generate estimates of traffic and visitors to sites. These traffic details are an estimate of the traffic visiting your site on a monthly basis. The more visitors the more valuable your site.
Overall Site Ranking: 4,410,315
Unique Monthly Visitor Estimate: 150
[h=4]Alexa Traffic Details[/h]Alexa.com uses a browser toolbar to calculate estimates of traffic and visitors to sites in order to rank sites in terms of overall traffic. The traffic details in the graph are an estimate of the traffic visiting your site over the last 6 months. The lower your rank the more valuable your site.
Alexa Ranking: 5,430,447

Last edited:

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
reg fee, lol. 13 year old domain name and a word most all of our rating systems go by. One of the biggest words in the hotel industry.

Isn't the potential it has for being developed what makes up its intrinsic value...

The more I read on domain forums, the more clueless I realize the average "domainer" really is.

This domain clearly would make a great brand for many potential niches.

It is easily worth in the $X,XXX price range. It has very high potential upside to the right buyer.

Brad

Last edited:

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say about $100 as is. You have to remember that the site is "5stars", not "fivestars". Unless you are going to brand it in a way to make it memorable that you are using a number, or if you're expecting to get most of your traffic from Google, you're going to lose visitors people typing the incorrect address.

Developed, you could easily be talking $x,xxx range. But honestly, a site is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

sbtx

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would say about $100 as is. You have to remember that the site is "5stars", not "fivestars". Unless you are going to brand it in a way to make it memorable that you are using a number, or if you're expecting to get most of your traffic from Google, you're going to lose visitors people typing the incorrect address.

Developed, you could easily be talking $x,xxx range. But honestly, a site is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I'll pay $500 undeveloped!

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The value is not $500 because I would pay x,xxx. Being the first to make an offer does not make it it's "value"

I never said it did... but how do you assess it's value in the x,xxx range? Are you pulling from traffic statistics, click-through rates, or possible profit from development? Personally, I feel that it's not worth in the x,xxx unless it's developed. I'm not big on numbers mixed with words in a domain. How many people do you think would naturally type that into a search bar? Or do you think they would spell out the word "five"?

Undeveloped, I don't agree with you.
Developed, I agree with you.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The value is not $500 because I would pay x,xxx. Being the first to make an offer does not make it it's "value"

I would pay $X,XXX as well.
I don't really understand how any experienced domainer can see this domain and not instantly see value.

Brad

Last edited:

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I never said it did... but how do you assess it's value in the x,xxx range? Are you pulling from traffic statistics, click-through rates, or possible profit from development? Personally, I feel that it's not worth in the x,xxx unless it's developed. I'm not big on numbers mixed with words in a domain. How many people do you think would naturally type that into a search bar? Or do you think they would spell out the word "five"?

Undeveloped, I don't agree with you.
Developed, I agree with you.

I personally buy (and sell) domains based on personal metrics. I place particular emphasis on trend and industry analysis/correlations. When I think "5 Stars" I see brand, credibility, and design in a single term with usage in multiple industries. The nature of traffic is changing so it is no longer a dominant factor as well as search. I don't think the number usage in the domain hurt it at all (though it would be advantageous to own both). Everyone deals with domain differently and this is a name that would work for me at x,xxx range and such that is my .2 cents

allroundguy

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Whatever 3rd party opinion, whatever comparison basis, value is strictly personal. Only seller and bidders should be concerned about a deal. Underpricing and overpricing are imho terms invented by jealous people who cannot afford the asking price. 5 stars can be used for any purpose. It just takes somebody to get the idea to buy the domain.

theoretical

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great purchase. It's not the next Yelp without a great business plan but it's a great domain for the reasons stated above (minus the reg fee folks who are clueless). You would significantly enhance it's value and your brand if you choose to develop it by grabbing the fivestars[.]com equivalent. It appears to be for sale. Best of luck with it.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I personally would be glad to pay $3k for it, maybe more.
So it's worth at least $3k now, not reg fee.

:)

brian1234

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Good name, I hope you sell it for a "5 star" price ;-)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its a decent name for development but without actually being developed, has little intrinsic value.
Agree. Plus, you are narrowing your market to exclusivity and luxury rather than be an overall rating system. That is still possible to incorporate all. But it would take some branding to make this into something regardless.

A decent name, has immediate recognition to most english speaking members, but would need a great deal of building out the site properly and with SEO. Your competition is heavy and already in place and active on the web.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I don't htink he would be happy with $x,xxx considering that is what he just paid on flippa, 6800 to be exact
Ouch. That's a lot at stake to go in blindly.

I get concerned when someone pays a hefty sum, is not sure what to do with it, is not sure what the value is, and seeks some sense of reassurance he did not pay too much.

But, the concern is short lived when I realize it was not my money at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators