Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

6 bux domain registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its better to stay away from such offers.

The pricing defies all logic. Besides, they look like one of those mom & pop sites (I have nothing against them).

Methinks only an ICANN registrar can offer registrations for $6...and that too if they have intentions of filing for bankruptcy in the near future.

btw...eNom can register names for $5.99
Name Only
But the domain is registered in their name and its dormant unless you pay an additional $3.99. Any benefit of this service?

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup Enom uses it to earn revenue through traffic

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zorro
Methinks only an ICANN registrar can offer registrations for $6...and that too if they have intentions of filing for bankruptcy in the near future.

Versign is the Master Regsitry. They charge $6 per name to the registrars to register a name.

Any registrar can offer names for any price. I could set up a reseller program with eNom and offer $1 regs if I want. I just have to make up the difference. Obviously, you must have a death wish if you are doing this :laugh:

-bob

Originally posted by Bob

Versign is the Master Regsitry. They charge $6 per name to the registrars to register a name.

Any registrar can offer names for any price. I could set up a reseller program with eNom and offer $1 regs if I want. I just have to make up the difference. Obviously, you must have a death wish if you are doing this :laugh:

-bob

eNom currently does not allow you to charge lower than the amount they set for you. In another word, no way to resell less than $6.95 for eNom even you have deep pocket. Unless, of course, you have done special agreement with them in advance! :D

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Right, I'll go reg. 1500 new domains today with a registrar that won't make a penny off the sale. I was eager to spend $9 grand anyway! Crack me up goh!

:cool:

M

Mik

You can charge whatever you like but not with the enom interfaces. eg I might get it at 6.95(I wish) and want to undercut everyone I could do a special where people can join my site/special wholesale group and pay $100 for the privilige of getting registered for $6.90. it'll take a while for 5 cent losses to add up (2000 names to be exact) and by that time I would hope to have a large enough customer base/reputation to hike the prices or offer additional services on the side which everyone must use. But then again when you use price as a differentiating factor you severly limit future price mobiltiy without annoying and disenfranchising your customers.
As far as I am aware if you don't use the tools provided you are not bound by the rules set. :) I don't see any rules in enom saying I can't sell at whatever price point I like, as long as I have enough credit on my account I can do as I please.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if they ban you from using the domain and allow you only to reserve it they can use the traffic to convert it back into cash... that's what Enom's $5.99 names are doing *i think*

H

hosting3.com

doesn't look real... (registrar is losing money selling at $6). Unless it's Mr NetSol

Originally posted by dotsofdomains
Right, I'll go reg. 1500 new domains today with a registrar that won't make a penny off the sale. I was eager to spend $9 grand anyway! Crack me up goh!

:cool:

#1) 1,500 new domains today & $9 grand spending
1,500 domain CREDIT not 1,500 domain register TODAY. Not everybody has $9k, thus not everybody should get $6 reg. fee too. Otherwise, why need retailers to deal with customers!

#2) no penny earning
In some business, wholesaler need to take a certain VOLUME off manufacturer to gain exclusive wholesaler relation or get more special price for certain large volume that they take, they need to find some smaller wholesalers or large retailers to take them off too. Some who cannot afford to take 1,500 domain credits, will take smaller credit unit at more expensive rate which gives them room for earning!

But again, I am not trying to back up this 6 bux domain credit. I won't recommend it myself.

Originally posted by Mik
You can charge whatever you like but not with the enom interfaces. eg I might get it at 6.95(I wish) and want to undercut everyone I could do a special where people can join my site/special wholesale group and pay $100 for the privilige of getting registered for $6.90. it'll take a while for 5 cent losses to add up (2000 names to be exact) and by that time I would hope to have a large enough customer base/reputation to hike the prices or offer additional services on the side which everyone must use. But then again when you use price as a differentiating factor you severly limit future price mobiltiy without annoying and disenfranchising your customers.
As far as I am aware if you don't use the tools provided you are not bound by the rules set. :) I don't see any rules in enom saying I can't sell at whatever price point I like, as long as I have enough credit on my account I can do as I please.

I don't think eNom has set up function allow you to set a US$100- lost for your customer to register 1000 domains at 5 cents lost each. I had tried to set up price BELOW my preset price BEFORE and they did have prevented me for setting price below my allowed price. Because if I have no money in my enom account or lack of money in my enom account while millions of domains (exaggerated) being registered. Then who is going to pay for the loss huh? :D

M

Mik

The way I was told it works is if you want to reg under your cost price (you can't use registry rocket/pdq etc) you can do until you reach 0 in commission and reseller account buffer. Once you reach 0 they might start charging your card, once you put a stop to them charging your card or don't pay by cheque you can say goodbye to ever working with enom again :) I would hope that if you reach 0 and enom doesn't see payment beforehand no transactions will be processed if you are a reseller.
Again all i'm saying is you set up a site that does not use enom for any processing. You create a site which takes orders and simply registers from your main account without worrying about the limitations, that is it keeps charging your main account all the time and putting domains under it that customers order from you. Your job would then be to simply top up your account every now and then. Ideally you would have used the set up fee to pad the account sufficiently so you don't need to recharge every 5 minutes and pray that no one is silly enough to take you up on the "register 1500 names" in one go :) although if they pay you up front I see only greed holding someone back and actually topping up their account accordingly. It is not a very good idea but then again neither is war.

The way I think these guys are doing it is they want someone to pay them shitloads, they then negotiate with a registrar for majorly reduced pricing and then create a reseller account for whoever just registered and then push the money in there along with a "reduced" price which may still be above their wholesale. Who knows maybe they want some large accounts to become ICANN accredited themselves? :)

Been with enom for 2 weeks now and i'm doing a business analysis, better stop now :) Hope you understood what I was trying to say with the enom selling under your price thing, if you don't use enom for the price processing you can do as you like, for example I took a loss of $7.25 by giving my friend a free domain name, enom isn't going to do a thing about it since it's none of their business and i have moolah in my account, if I didn't have money they'd be charging the card or not processing the registration.

Yeah, no enom interface if below their preset rate! I missed that part, my eyes need surgery! :eek:

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Strange bright shiny eyes....:eek:

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by goh

Omni, you are not studying and get similar eyes too huh? :eek:
who wants a membership to our strange eye club? :D:eek:

M

Mik

I am interested in this club of yours but I have some questions:
How much? what is the affiliate program like? can I have sub-members.
and most importantly, if anyone can do it cheaper pm me.
:)

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cost: Free
Affiliate Program: Commission is 2000%
sub-members: yes
additional requirement: bring your own eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom