Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed $90/ month domain name, generic, 3 years solid stats how much would you sell it for?

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
closed

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Difficult to value due to the co.za extennsion.

I see amazingly good CTR's in your stats ranging all the way up to 80% CTR, which is incredibly high when you consider a lot of Adsense CTR's are 2% or 3%.

The ads appear to be US advertiser kind of car ads but the domain name is foreign. Do you know if or how the site gets US traffic (obviously not US typeins due to the cc extension), what countries the traffic comes from and do you have a stats program running with country code traffic sources and referral logs?

MichaelJ137

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
$2k. Impressed by the revenue stats after having a look at the site. I may have to revamp my hand reg strategy lol

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I though that MFA sites were fobidden by AdSense TOS. Also, I wonder where a site with double-dot country code extension and NO CONTENT gets ts its traffic from... maybe redirecting hundreds of other domains, because I don't think it gets it from natural searches. Something just doesn't add up.

Last edited:

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain name has been registered by myself since 2007.

The sale is a couple or pair both terms

CarAuction.co.za
CarAuctions.co.za

" I though that MFA sites were fobidden by AdSense TOS"
Theres content and one ad unit, as apposed to ads all over the place. Never had problems since 2007

"Also, I wonder where a site with double-dot country code extension and NO CONTENT gets ts its traffic from... maybe redirecting hundreds of other domains, because I don't think it gets it from natural searches. Something just doesn't add up."

Varlin look at these source stats here before you make any comments about legitimacy of traffic.

Last 300 hundred referes. http://www.carauction.co.za/car-auctions-co-za-stats.zip direct navigation traffic my friend.

South Africa is one of the fastest growing English speaking economies in the word today.

David G, the traffic would be from South Africa. view history in stats zip

"The ads appear to be US advertiser" yeah if their market globally or set their ads to run in South Africa in adwords. Also US ads will show up if you I.P comes from the USA, may what you seing from your computer atm. To view advertisers in South Africa, that appears with South African I.P'S view here:

http://www.google.co.za/#hl=en&sour...ons&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&fp=9ab38e4e1bcf34f2

I might also mention anyone can register a co.za name and there are no restrictions, renewal is $7

Last edited:

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Marly, I'm sorry, but Varlin is completely right, your site has no content et all. It's a one click landing page, and will be banned as soon as Google sees it. Just because it's not yet banned, it doesn't mean you will always be so lucky.

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
closed

Last edited:

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mmm, no. If you park this name, then you will slowly lose backlinks, if you lose backlinks you will lose traffic, if you lose traffic from backlinks all you will have is a small amount of type-in traffic, if you have small amount of traffic, you have little revenue. Hence you will not be able to claim such revenue figures. Why not spend one day of development instead, and even though you will have massive drop of CTR (from the insane 30% to a very reasonable 1-2%), you can actually start advertise and gain more backlinks? You will not have to fear from getting banned, and you will not need to make false claims.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am really impressed by the CTR and revenue, and the CTR being 50-80% & constently high over a long time. Can you say what percentage of traffic is from Direct Navigation (typein) vs Search vs links? Do you also have a link or screenshot (I can not download any attached files)?

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
closed

Last edited:

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's an appraisal section, so I can tell you my honest opinion. False claim is your revenue, because you are breaching the Google Adsense TOS. I've had this conversation couple of times with domain owners, and they never seemed to understand it. Google is on attack this year, they are taking down massive amount of automated sites and no content sites, what you are doing is risky, and I wasn't even talking about the keyword stuffing. My advice: park the domain and sell it based on 3 months of parking revenue / or develop it, if you really want to sell. I for one would never touch a "site" like that.

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"False claim is your revenue, because you are breaching the Google Adsense TOS"

Okay thats your opinion. traffic is traffic. I'm basing this on direct navigation traffic and as i mentioned in this thread before:

"Yeah, adsense is not the only way to monetise the traffic, use a parking company if it makes you feel better, have'nt tried it. Develop the site and SEO it, get more traffic make more revenue"

And I'm not selling a site but a domain name. Have we forgot about the end user market and how brandable, short and sweet this name is to auctioneers. Have we forgot the generic term. I sold autoinsurance.co.za some time ago with no stats. The name was a winner no matter how you look at it.

Last edited:

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, you are basing it on the revenue:

$90/ month domain name

Domain Name Currently makes an average of $90 a month in the last 5 months. It is predicted that there is a growth margin and the revenue for 2011-2012 will be over $1000.

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
closed

Last edited:

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, I just said the revenue stats you are posting are not real, because Google can ban you anytime for going against their TOS. The affiliate is a great idea though, and wish you luck with that!

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol, of course I'm going to add revenue as part the bases. How am I too prove stats otherwise. You fail see the opportunity.

Okay tetrapak, what you are saying basically to me I'm full of kakka. I will monetise differently and prove my point on a missed oportunity, will keep you posted on revenue and stats. I have redirected the name to and affiliate program making $12 per short lead form.

http://www.carauctions.co.za

Probably good timing too!

marly

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyway its Sold !!! after all the ooohs and aaahs on this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators