Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

973.com - Stolen?

• Thread starter Deleted member 70408
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 70408

I haven't posted anything about this until now, but I saw user ShytKicker go on the offensive against someone for backing out of an Escrow.com deal. Unfortunately, I experienced the same problem where he was the seller of the name 973.com, which he still owns.

He agreed to sell 973.com to me for $6,820 and opened up Escrow.com transaction #382733-0 on 10/9/06 and backed out of this deal on me. I have never said anything to anyone about this. I would still like to buy this name at this price - assuming it isn't stolen.
Here is how all this transpired after agreeing to sell the name to me (I kept all of our PMs and Emails with my Gmail.).

"Hey Elliot,

I have some quite interesting and disturbing news. I am quite angy and puzzled. GoDaddy has locked my account about an hour ago and I received an email that this domain was reported stolen!

I am going to call them tomorrow morning, but I think the guy that I bought it for sold me a stolen domain, which would explain the good price and the fast sale that he pushed for. I am quite pissed off right about now, I will contact you tomorrow morning, do NOT send Escrow payment
!"

After calling Godaddy and finding out that they knew of nothing about this name being stolen, and questioning you on it, this is how you responded:

"Yes I received it at my Registrant email address. I just bought the domain about 3-4 days ago, maybe lessAs soon as I got it I posted it up for sale and now my account is locked and I got an email that it was reported stolen out of the account? I have to call them within the next 3 days, but will call them tomorrow morning.

Well there goes $4k down the drain
."

I spoke with my account executive at Godaddy about the name while this was originally going on. He said if the name was stolen, it would have been locked by the registry, and he would have been able to tell that there was some sort of investigation. Although he told me he couldn't say anything specific about another person's account, he said the name was not under investigation by Godaddy. I asked Matt to send me the email from Godaddy so i could show my rep, and he refused to send it. After several months, the name is still in Matt's account with a ppc landing page.

Here is the content of some of our PMs:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJS
Matt,
I see the name 973.com is still in your name, in your Godaddy accoun and on the same nameservers as before. I would like to proceed with our agreed upon transaction. Has your situation with Godaddy been resolved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShytKicker
Hey,

I still can't sell this one.

But I have another NNN.com this week, and I'll be able to sell it for 8k. Are you interested?

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJS
Why can't you sell it? Was it a stolen name?

What is the other name? How can I be sure it isn't stolen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShytKicker
Hey,

No, I don't steal anything, believe me.

Can't tell you the other name just yet because it is pending purchase. Although I'm going to be looking strictly 8k for it. It does not start with a 0. Has no 0's in it.

Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJS
I am not saying that you stole it. You told me that "GoDaddy has locked my account about an hour ago and I received an email that this domain was reported stolen!"

I am wondering if that situation was resolved. Did this happen, or did you realize the selling price was too low based on revenues it was bringing in? Just curious. What ever happened with this?

Thanks

Hey,

Well I rather not talk about it. There's no real revenue with it. It's just that there are some problems I rather not say. Whatever it is or isn't, I can't sell or talk about it.

But this new one I have I will definetely be able to sell.

Matt

Domain Summit 2024

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Elliot :)

Care to share his username ?

D

Deleted member 70408

I haven't posted anything about this until now, but I saw user ShytKicker go on the offensive against someone for backing out of an Escrow.com deal. Unfortunately, I experience the same problem where he was the seller of the name 973.com, which he still owns.

In the first paragraph

D

Deleted member 70408

Scandalous.
Fortunately, I didn't lose money in this transaction which was the reason I never posted anything. Now that Shytkicker bashed someone else for doing the same thing, I felt no reason not to say anything.

Also, I would be interested in knowing if the 973.com is stolen, and if so, how Matt still owns the name. Here is the Whois info from today:

Registrant:
Matt Wegrzyn
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (blocked out for privacy reasons)
Brooklyn, New York 11228
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: 973.COM
Created on: 18-Jul-01
Expires on: 18-Jul-08

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wowser ShytKicker , I would hope not. He seems to be a nice guy with alot of decent size deals under his belt. I am sure we will hear from him.

D

Deleted member 70408

Wowser ShytKicker , I would hope not. He seems to be a nice guy with alot of decent size deals under his belt. I am sure we will hear from him.
I was very surprised too. I would really like to hear what's up with this name. I wouldn't even be so upset if he held it because he undervalued the name - I just don't like to be bullsh*ted.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is the last time I'm going to make a statement about this domain to EJS.

This domain may have been stolen and I am tied to a legal issue. If I were to sell to EJS I'd be penalized even further for selling while knowing that it had a legal issue.

Do you understand this? The legal issue is PRIVATE and I cannot DISCLOSE until it has been cleared. Comprehend that please. And stop asking me the story behind it because I CANNOT tell you.

D

Deleted member 70408

You said the name (and your account) was locked by Godaddy and that you received an email from Godaddy stating this. My rep said it's not locked by them.

There is no need for you to say anything, as the facts are here.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So is it not a case of simply handing it back to the real ( prior ) owner ?
Is the seller claiming he paid for it and now you dont know what to do ?

I know I know I am asking questions but Im so gosh darn curious. I assume you would be out money too and that can cause conflict if you were to hand it over.

D

Deleted member 70408

The current status of the name is below:

ICANN Registrar: GO DADDY SOFTWARE, INC.
Created: 2001-07-18
Expires: 2008-07-18
Registrar Status: clientDeleteProhibit
Whois Server: whois.godaddy.com
Name Server: NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM

As I understand it, if the name was under investigation, the Registrar Status would be labelled one of the following to prevent the current owner from transferring it out of Godaddy:
REGISTRY-LOCK: The registry sets this status. The domain can not be modified or deleted by the registrar. The registry must remove the REGISTRY-LOCK status for the registrar to modify the domain. The domain can be renewed. The domain will be included in the zone if the domain has been delegated to at least one name server.

REGISTRAR-LOCK: The sponsoring registrar sets this status. The domain can not be modified or deleted. The registrar must remove REGISTRAR-LOCK status to modify the domain. The domain can be renewed. The domain will be included in the zone.

**Edit**
And my rep just emailed me:
xxxxxx xxxxxx <[email protected]> hide details 4:17 pm (1 minute ago)
to "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
date Mar 1, 2007 4:17 PM
subject RE: 973.com
mailed-by godaddy.com

The domain 973.com is not under investiagtion. It is currently active on GoDaddy.com. It reflects an active status code under our system.

Thanks and have a great day!

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm willing to bet money it is'nt part of any dispute.

D

Deleted member 70408

This is the last time I'm going to make a statement about this domain to EJS.

This domain may have been stolen and I am tied to a legal issue. If I were to sell to EJS I'd be penalized even further for selling while knowing that it had a legal issue.

Do you understand this? The legal issue is PRIVATE and I cannot DISCLOSE until it has been cleared. Comprehend that please. And stop asking me the story behind it because I CANNOT tell you.
I wish you would just be able to clarify why you told me the name was locked by Godaddy, when I was informed (over the phone then, but today in an email) that the name isn't under investigation.

wwwdotcom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Shytkicker also offered me to sell the 973.com or trade is it really stolen domain??? I am going to make some calls!!!!

D

Deleted member 70408

Shytkicker also offered me to sell the 973.com or trade is it really stolen domain??? I am going to make some calls!!!!
I have no idea if it is stolen or not. All I know is Shytkicker backed out of an Escrow.com transaction he started.

wwwdotcom

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you complete the transaction??? pay with esrcow.com before cancelation?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This belongs in the advertising thread but:

Popcorn thread textalerts are available at Popcorn.mobi ;)
Thanks for your time :pop2: LOL

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mmmmmmm...stolen domains and popcorn! woot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom