Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

____NQ.COM____ pure two letter .com

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mole

jquail said:
I can allow an admin access to my escrow account to verify the sale if necessary.

You can let timechange (Theo) verify that escrow sale for the rest of us if it is okay with you. Theo is a hot headed Greek but he is honest and trustworthy. He is also good at snooping the truth out.

puravida

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
jquail said:
The website address where I found Tor's contact details was www.accessbc.ca.

Sheesh... yuck... potooey...

I would NOT ...ever... buy anything from anyone with a website THAT shitty.

Jquail... if you're not the bad guy here; I sure hope you didn't get swindled for too much. :undecided

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
mole said:
You can let timechange (Theo) verify that escrow sale for the rest of us if it is okay with you. Theo is a hot headed Greek but he is honest and trustworthy. He is also good at snooping the truth out.

mole :cool:

you made my day.

I emailed [email protected] but the email bounced. The best option would be to follow the money trail, e.g. contact Escrow.com

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, me emails to [email protected] bounced also. However if you check archive.org (as far back as 1998) Tor states he worked for access-bc.com or accessbc.ca (in the about page). I found another contact email address from here.

Please everyone do not email him about this, as I am sure he will be contacted by enough people to verify the sale (including myself).

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will be glad to tidy all this up in the morning (it is late in the uk). I am waiting for information from other people in an attempt to clean up this mess.

QuantumBeam

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Come on, let the guy sleep unless your gonna buy this domain. I believe the mods should delete this thread all together until the proof surfaces.
:rolleyes:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 17:43:35 -0800
Subject: Re: domain NQ.com
To: Timechange Creative Services <[email protected]>
Message-id: <001301c3fe65$72b6f210$5100a8c0@thor>
MIME-version: 1.0
X-MIMEOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2800.1165
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1158
Content-type: multipart/alternative;
boundary="Boundary_(ID_FrJtNUECnIUZk6IxPazFqw)"
X-Priority: 3
X-MSMail-priority: Normal
References: <[email protected]>

This is all news to me.
I own a company called Netquest Communications which registered the domain name nq.com with Network Solutions back in 1997. I recently sold the domain nq.com to John Quail, have received payment in full, and as part of the transaction nq.com was transferred to Mr. Quail's registrar of choice which was Enom.
John Quail acted properly and courteously throughout the whole transaction, and any allegations of theft or impropriety are entirely unfounded.
Thanks,
Tor Rognmo
Vancouver, BC, Canada

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2004 5:23 PM
Subject: domain NQ.com

Hello Tor,

There are some discussions on several domain selling forum that the domain NQ.com was sold by you to John Quail.

However, someone posted that the domain has been stolen, verbatim:

"My name is Robert Berry and I represent a client that had their domain stolen. An associate referred me to this website and a couple others in which NQ.com was being offerred for sale. NQ.com is the property of Net Quest Communications which at some time had this domain transferred away from Network Solutions to enom without my clients permission. I advice any parties to avoid purchasing this domain because my client intends to pursue all legal action to all parties involved in this theft. Net Quest had a live web site at NQ.com since 1997 and at no time had authorize any sale or transfer of this domain."

Could you confirm or deny any of these allegations?

Best regards,

T.Develegas
timechange.com

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I incuded the full headers for future reference. I hope John sleeps better tonight :)

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you Timechange.
seriously...thanks.

BTW, Yakov, do you have any details of who you talked to when you contacted netquest before, or did you just get the incorrect address on the website and whois?

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tor has also volunteered to try to find his credit card receipts for the past 7 years of domain name renewals.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
No sweat. John, I sent you the email as well. But you might need to ask Tor to make a statement here. The whole issue started with someone making a post on DomainState.

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just had a reply from Tor, hence the credit card receipts post.

I'll contact him again in the morning (its 2 am here) and I really need to go to bed.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Timechange ... good to see you back, and helping a member out :-D

jquail

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just posted on Domainstate by Tor Rognmo, the former owner of nq.com;

'For the record, I own Netquest Communications which registered the domain nq.com back in the mid-ninetees. I have no idea who Mr. Berry is or who he is alleging to act on behalf of. However, I can confirm that I was the legal owner of nq.com until earlier this month, when I sold the domain to John Quail. I have been paid in full, and Mr. Quail acted courteously and above board throughout the whole transaction. As part of this transaction, the domain was transferred from Network Solutions to John's registrar of choice, Enom. If anyone is considering purchasing nq.com from John Quail, I can once again confirm that he is the legal and proper owner of it. Further confirmation would be available through Network Solutions, whose records would show me as the legal owner up until the transfer to Mr. Quail.
Tor Rognmo
[email protected]'

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alright, get some rest John...

good work Timechange....good to see us Vancouverites being properly represented...

so who the heck reported the post in the first place....?

D

Deleted member 4749

jquail said:
BTW, Yakov, do you have any details of who you talked to when you contacted netquest before, or did you just get the incorrect address on the website and whois?

I contacted the person listed in whois record when I was doing a bulk 2letter.com buy.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Time Change

Thanks for doing the investigative work. Hopefully, these type of allegations are looked into and verified in the future by the DNforum staff, before posting them publicly without proof.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do the admins here have access to the IP of whoever submitted the initial "anonymous" allegations? Find out who it was..

You can take precautions to prevent this from happening again if it is a hoax.

Someone out there may try to cry wolf again and possibly interfere with other sales in the future. If you implement a ban ip script, this may weed out a few grinches from the board. (not that it's foolproof, but...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators