Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

a buyer wanted to buy my domain but he asked me to transfer the domain first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naruto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i need help, a buyer wanted to buy my domain($x,xxx) but he asked me to transfer the domain first because he is using mass payment via paypal. is it safe to push the domain to the buyer first before receiving the payment? is there any way to get back my domain if the buyer did not pay after i pushed the domain?

Domain Summit 2024

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do NOT give the person the domain first. EVER!

I agree with ninjadomain. Go with a service such as Escrow or Sedo.

Naruto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do NOT give the person the domain first. EVER!

I agree with ninjadomain. Go with a service such as Escrow or Sedo.

lets say my registrar is domainsite.com, once i pushed the domain, i can't get it back if something goes wrong? i believe godaddy have such option to cancel the push right?

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i need help, a buyer wanted to buy my domain($x,xxx) but he asked me to transfer the domain first because he is using mass payment via paypal. is it safe to push the domain to the buyer first before receiving the payment? is there any way to get back my domain if the buyer did not pay after i pushed the domain?

3 words,.... 1 suggestion

No, nope, never,..... Escrow.com

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Horrible scenario. You make it sound like you have already pushed the name - and now you are asking for advice on how to get it back.

vital

FF
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
never push before the payment, if you don't know the buyer. there is no reason to trust him. use escrow, or payment first.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't push it first unless it's a reputable member on the domain forum. If the buyer wants to use Paypal payment then use Ecop.com escrow.

rngrdanny22

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Johnn said:
Name any store that would let you come in, take the item and you tell them that you will pay them later.

Car dealership?

:lol:

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Take the payment first.
But why not exchange phone numbers with the buyer and talk.
Always keep in mind that a Paypal payment can be reversed, or the account could be hijacked.
I wouldn't accept $$$$ by Paypal from somebody I don't know and can't reach.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never... if the person wants the domain go through escrow or walk... good luck

Naruto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
this is what he said: "I can do a mass payment to your paypal and there will be no fees, for mass payment without commissions I MUST send to yours, which I will do once I have a possession of the domain"

thanks for the concern guys but i haven't push the domain yet. i needed professional advice before making any move that's why i come here first to get opinions. so now i should not sell the domain to him via paypal? once my domain is pushed, i can never get it back? even if the buyer did not pay?

i prefer paypal because i need the money asap. escrow.com check takes forever.

Last edited:

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't transfer first.. He's trying to be your friend but he won't end up sending you the money once the domain is in his account.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't send the domain first, if it's an xxxx sale use escrow.com

if you push the domain you take the chance on not getting paid. it will be such a pain trying to chase for payment!

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this is what he said: "I can do a mass payment to your paypal and there will be no fees, for mass payment without commissions I MUST send to yours, which I will do once I have a possession of the domain"

thanks for the concern guys but i haven't push the domain yet. i needed professional advice before making any move that's why i come here first to get opinions. so now i should not sell the domain to him via paypal? once my domain is pushed, i can never get it back? even if the buyer did not pay?

It will also depends upon who the buyer is etc..... I have pushed the domain first about twice for a low x,xxx when I trusted the buyers because I contacted them first and they appeared genuine and reputable like CEO of a moderate sized company. They don't want to use escrow and they just want to use paypal but worried to lose their money. I had had no problems with those transactions because I felt the domain would be worth low xxx if they don't buy them and I could take some calculated risks. There is always risks involved in such transactions and you can reduce risks by studying about the buyers.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

If something happens PayPal will not support you, and dont they have like a 21 day hold policy on funds now?

Have the buyer split the escrow fee's with you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Use escrow, be it Sedo, Escrow.com or Moniker.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i've taken the risk before and it worked out however only with fairly big companies, not just random people. why not send half via masspay before push and half after push. of course using escrow.com or sedo is way more secure. its always a risk otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators