Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

A Domain Name Association - Part 3

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140804_assoc.jpg

The Chairmen, Treasurer, CEO and Taskforces

Over the years I’ve seen many organisations get confused over the rolls of the CEO, treasurer and chairman. Chairmen often try and be the CEO and treasurers try and control the association via the budget. The facts are that each of the rolls are critical to the success of the association as long as those people in the positions clearly understands their tasks.

The Chairman

As well as representing the association to other organisations the chairmen:
1. Has a casting vote in the board meeting in the event of a tied vote.
2. Represents the association at events where the membership is present (eg. AGM).
3. The most critical role is often to provide support for the CEO and help navigate any internal or external political issues so that the job of the association can get done.

In my time as the vice-chairmen of the Australian Internet Industry Association I often found myself talking to the CEO and providing another perspective in deliberations. This then sometimes came to offering personal support as the role of the CEO can be personally taxing. To this day I have a great friendship with the former CEO and a huge amount of respect for what he helped accomplish during his tenure.

The Treasurer

This is often a thankless task but one that is vital to get in the hands of a competent person. People often think that the treasurer’s job is to “do the financial books”. In some cases this may be true but it’s often better that a book-keeper actually prepares the finances and reports back to the treasurer. The treasurer can then report on the financial position of the association to the board and to the members at the AGM.

Read More

Continue reading...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom