Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

A few .mobi questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whatever the winning bid it will be too much.

yourguide

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't predict mobey prices anymore than I could predict beanie baby prices in the 90's.

Where my tag team? I'm getting tired fending off the mobee fanatics.

Well,you seem to know and state that .mobi prices are declining but those statements arent based off any facts the rest of the market has.

Look I am not trying to fanaticize this but this seems to be the only other domain that is being developed and it's being differentiated from .net, .org, etc because the formatting and some of the content has to be different.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
(Disclaimer, I am including the results from that 12/5 sedo auction even tho they have to reauction due to the server issues)

In 2006 only 6 .mobi's hit $20K or more

in 2007 about 41 .mobi's hit $20K or more

Of the 26 .mobis that have sold for for $50K or more:

* only 1 of them sold in 2006
* 3 of them sold in the first quarter of 2007
* 2 sold in the second quarter of 2007
* the remaining 19 sold in the last three months of 2007 (4 of those as part of the 12/5 auction)

Um that seems to be going UP in value not down. So yes, it's possible, quite possible that the .mobi interest crashed the servers.

Good analysis YourGuide. Thank you for sharing.

YourGuide, here is the deal, Gregory (aka Fearless) spends 5 to 6 hours each day watching and posting in this .mobi forum.

Gregory enjoys stalking dotMobi threads.

He loiters around and stalks dotMobi threads so much, we could likely file a restraining order against him! :lol:

Well, there are reasons why various dotMobi smear merchants, like Gregory choose to slither around this dotMOBI forum:

1.) They are Masochists.

Some mobiphobics derive pleasure from being humiliated and beaten by dotMobi investors. Some naysayers really enjoy subjecting themselves to things they hate and despise, things like dotMOBI.

or

2.) They need to throw cold water on MOBI because they see an imminent threat. Certain people make under the disguise of constructive criticism with the intension to make dotMOBI look bad because they consider dotMOBI an emerging threat to their already established websites and PPC income. They certainly don’t want to lose any future visitors to MOBI and the more potential a new extension might have to become successful the more it will be the subject of their constant attacks.

or

3.) They are investors privately and discreetly buying, but publically talking down the market.

Look, time is money.

Question:
If dotMOBI is "worthless" and if dotMobi "sucks"....

Would people earning 6 & 7 figures each year waste their valuable time and energy each day shooting the shit for hours about dotMOBI in a little ol dotMOBI subforum?

Answer: NO!!!

Therefore, they linger around, bitc & moan here, talkin down the market, so they can buy low, develop and sell high.

Question:
Do you see the MobiPhobic Mob consistently bitc & moan, hyperventilate, and bad mouth .eu, .info, .org, .cc, .biz .net or the other 255 domain extensions?

Answer: NO!!!

WHY is the Mobiphobic Mob always here?:

Because 15 month old MOBI is the most accomplished domain extension to emerge since .com

Michael

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No just because it's overrated and overpriced.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I stole that idea from someone else. It had nothing to do with indexing for me. It did have to do with poking fun at mobey fanatics. :)

In that case, it wasn't as clever as I thought - should've known - when will I learn to stop giving you guys credit....

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I part with my mobee, then I can't bug you guys with my mobee stats. :lol:
Sure you can. Then you can talk about how much you lost on a stupid mobee investment.

And the tag team thing?

Neither of us need that. We are big boys with a mind of our own and don't need any help fending off or defending anything.

18 pages. Wow.
Looks like a global warming thread.

Must be.

Getting hot in here.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't predict mobey prices anymore than I could predict beanie baby prices in the 90's.

Where my tag team? I'm getting tired fending off the mobee fanatics.

actually isn't it mobai? no .. moobi? no .. muuby?... really it's very cute how you keep mispelling it.

i feel ya though, many times i've typed .kom , .comb, .comm etc.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
By the way, those that say the mobile web is not here or no one will use their phone to surf the web (yes, you said it...you know who you are) here is something to consider that was sent to me from one of my subscriptions:

http://www.mobiadnews.com/?p=1735
Mobile Internet has arrived: the ESPN mobile site for basketball gets more views that the web version. (Richard Ting, R/GA)

iDName

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The OP stated, "a few .mobi questions". Now we can write a book based on this thread alone!

What I'd like to know is, IF .mobi domains start getting shit loads of traffic and start making shit loads of EURO, ARE YOU NAYSAYERS GOING TO START BUYING THEM?

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Fearless, on a scale from 1-10.. how bored are you?

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get one in every day... its included free with the internet boredom.

MobileDesigner

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i got traffic on my .mobis

i sold some for a nice profit.

nice name to go along with mobile phones.

I have no problem. buying .mobi did well for me. I dont know what they hell "mobi-phobians" are complaining about...

AH!

must be jealousy because you charge too much for your .coms and cant make sales while .mobis were being sold more often than .coms that time.

So we made profit. so what? why does that concern you!? why is it any of your business if we made money or not?:?:

But fun to watch the complaining :smilewinkgrin:

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is your best mobee Vision?

My best mobee is FearlessBluffs.mobi :smilewinkgrin:

or maybe my best is SashasIsASophomore.mobi :lol:

-Michael

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
18 pages. Wow.

Yeah no kidding! Somebody shoot this thread! Shoot it dead like the traffic to a mobi domain! :smilewinkgrin:

The OP stated, "a few .mobi questions". Now we can write a book based on this thread alone!

What I'd like to know is, IF .mobi domains start getting shit loads of traffic and start making shit loads of EURO, ARE YOU NAYSAYERS GOING TO START BUYING THEM?

Some of us naysayers already have mobi domains. I just about bought another LLL.mobi this week - I see the price has dropped by at least two-thirds this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators