Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

A great name was deleted today

Status
Not open for further replies.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
highwater.com deleted today... and BuyDomains got it.
Excellent name in my opinion, an easy $3000 to an end user.

The funny thing is that I emailed the previous owner well before it was deleted, and offered some significant cash, but yet he still didn't renew it. :confused:

-- David

Domain summit 2024

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is hard to figure out what is going on with these owners sometimes David. My company wants to buy a site from a guy who has a big for sale sign on his home page - yet he will not answer any communications!!

We have emailed him at the posted address repeatedly, called him and left messages on his answering machine repeatedly (he never picks up his phone but does identify himself on his outgoing message).

We have resorted to calling advertisers on his site to see if they could reach him and at least one told me "He is a very flaky guy" - Hey You're Telling Me!!

I assume that though we are ready to give him a substantial amount of money, the domain will expire in a few months, his site will go dark and who knows if we will be able to grab the name during the drop! Too weird - so I share your frustration.

garet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've had similar experiences. "For Sale" then no response seems common. I've also seen domains drop after having made purchase offers.

In one instance recently, the site itself and even the WHOIS record had a specific asking price. I e-mailed saying that we'd meet his asking price. He responded asking for triple that number. Now I will never buy from that person not even at the original ask.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, me too. A few months back I e-mailed the registrant contact for Lagoons.com to ask if they wanted to sell the domain name as it had expired.

Got no answer and a couple of weeks later the name dropped, LOL, and someone grabbed it with a Snap.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Me too! I get a fair number of inquiries but they rarely reply even if I do not quote a price and send multiple emails. If I call them they rarely return the phone calls.

I have also heard of others contacting owners of names prior to expiration with no replies and then the name expires and drops later.

It's very odd why this happens. Perhaps they are just lazy or are very poor with communications.

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wonder how often domains expire due to deaths.

RMF

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
I wonder how often domains expire due to deaths.

RMF

I don't know, but I could kill this son of a b**** who puts up a for sale sign then refuses to answer his phone or return mail. :)

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If any of you find yourselves in the above situation do not fear. There is always a way to get through to people. Different folks are motivated by different things. It is hard for us hard core entrepreneurial types to undertand this but some are just not interested in the money aspect of things.

If you find yourself in this position again please get a hold of me. I will get your sellers talking (for a small fee of course).
You have nothing to lose by giving me a shot.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators