Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed A large hairy humanoid creature.....

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitelion

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree , i can't see any use for it. I think people when they appraise 500 dollars. The truth is they wouldn't part with half that ammount of money if the person offered it to them for half their appraisel ammount.

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sasquatch, a less common name for bigfoot. Other names are yeti or abominable snowman, depending on what culture you live in.

Does this name have any regional significance? That might add to is value. Mt McKinley is the common name for a large piece of rock in Alaska, but it is better known as Denali to the people that live there.

I don't see any real value for this name if used as a resource for bigfoot enthusiasts. It may have value if developed as a site for urban legends, like snopes.com.

ctn

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nice name
As for what would you do with it.Thats where you have to get creative.You could use it as a big strong relaible hosting service,or sell books about bigfoot,novelty items,shirts,video footage,etc.etc.Some people follow this stuff religiously just as they do UFO sightings and anything else to do with UFOs.And what if they made a movie about it in the future,like there doing with the hulk.

If nothing else use the trafiic and try and find something else you would think they would be interested in because most people that believe in stuff like that also believe in ufo,lochness monster,signs in fields etc etc
all imo
For example here is a site selling bigfoot stuff
http://www.n2.net/prey/bigfoot/
And also just think if they ever happen to catch a bigfoot you would be getting all kinds of traffic then:D

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously, it has its uses since the .com uses it for an ISP (as I mentioned earlier).

Basically, the name is great because it has massive branding appeal. In fact, several companies have or do use the name for various products.

Why does it have branding appeal? Because it exemplifies power and size.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For my 2 cents, this name is not worth using for commercial. The word is not widely known and too difficult to spell. If I start an ISP or any business, I'd better use an easy-to-spell and easy-to-remember word .com e.g. epot.com (ebay-like name).

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .biz
The word is not widely known

So what you're saying is because you don't know the name then it's not widely known? Sorry to tell you but it is a common word around most of the world.

UnusedDomains.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have lived in 12 countries so far, and visited another 10. I can tell you this: this is not as well known around most of the world as you think.

Bigfoot is a much better known term, then comes Yeti, then... this name. Great name for Scrabble though :0

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wrong

UnusedDomains.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wrong? 12% of high school kids in America were not able to place the Pacific ocean on a map as a poll from the NY Times showed a few months ago... and you think that the majority of people in America knows what a Sasquatch is? I have news for you: most of them don't even know how to spell it, let alone know what the heck it is :)

UnusedDomains.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that 9000 of those searches came from this thread ;)

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive and negative thoughts :)

I thought about selling it, and I might still do, but I think I'll hold onto it for a while. I might put up a website when I get some free time.

As for UnusedDomains.com and Whitelion. I'm curious as to how you believe that the majority of people in America don't know what the Sasquatch is. Have you been living under a rock?. Sasquatch is very common for the USA and Canada. I can understand if other countries don't know the word Sasquatch very well. There are actually more than 20 different names around the world referring to this creature. Although the top 3 names that are most used are Bigfoot, Sasquatch, and Yeti.

I would also like to point out that there are many companies that use the word "Sasquatch" in their company name.

btw, look what I found! Sasquatch Movie

Class Project: :)
Next time you leave your dungeon, ask 10 people on the street if they ever heard of the Sasquatch. Also ask if they can spell it. I wouldn't be suprised if most do know what it is, or at least heard of it.

RMF

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RMF
Thanks for all the positive and negative thoughts

I thought about selling it, and I might still do, but I think I'll hold onto it for a while. I might put up a website when I get some free time.

As for UnusedDomains.com and Whitelion. I'm curious as to how you believe that the majority of people in America don't know what the Sasquatch is. Have you been living under a rock?. Sasquatch is very common for the USA and Canada. I can understand if other countries don't know the word Sasquatch very well. There are actually more than 20 different names around the world referring to this creature. Although the top 3 names that are most used are Bigfoot, Sasquatch, and Yeti.

I would also like to point out that there are many companies that use the word "Sasquatch" in their company name.

btw, look what I found! Sasquatch Movie

Class Project: :)
Next time you leave your dungeon, ask 10 people on the street if they ever heard of the Sasquatch. Also ask if they can spell it. I wouldn't be suprised if most do know what it is, or at least heard of it.

RMF [/B]

Love that class project :laugh:. The original owner of the thread makes an appearance with a great post!

UnusedDomains.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will... but I already know the results.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is how people fail in Internet business where they think that most of internet users are smart.

Waste time to argue anyway.

The search from overture may come from the people who use sasquatch.com service, and doesn't really know if he can spell it correctly then he put the word in the search engine.

This company was online since 1996, but the alexa ranking is 1.3millionth place. How popular!!

DomainOgre

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not too sure about what you said about the Overture numbers, but I did see the Alexa rating for it:weird:. However, that could be unrelated to the name because there still has to be a good product or business behind it.

UnusedDomains.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, I asked the first ten people I met today if they knew what a sasquatch was. 6 out of ten gave me an answer that was close enough to the truth - from Yeti to BigFoot to "Some mythical creature."

Then I asked those 10 people to spell it.

2 did it successfully.

BTW, all of those people graduated from College...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom