• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

A Little Help on a Domain sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddaybofb

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
507
Reaction score
1
This guy image pmed me on namepros asking to buy my 4 LLLL.com's, i just had to name a price. I said $300 for all 4. He said ok and sent 300.00 to my paypal. Right after he sent it paypal opened a investigation into the transaction saying the payment may of not been authorize by the real owner. The guy image only has 1 itrader rating over @ np.
Paypal has put a temporary hold on the payment till the ivestigation is complete. I didnt push my domains yet.

I was wondering if i should be worried? Is this a scam? or is it on paypals part?
Any more info you need i can give you?
I dont know if he is a member here.

Thanks
Chris
 
dont push the names, me I would not even push them if the money clears, just cancel the deal or tell him escrow

Red flags to me
 
I've had it happen before, just wait until the payment clears, probably around 10 days. In the meanwhile, tell him that you guys can use escrow if he wants to transaction to be sooner and that you'll refund the payment once it clears.
 
Sounds like a scam
 
This guy image pmed me on namepros asking to buy my 4 LLLL.com's, i just had to name a price. I said $300 for all 4. He said ok

This part sounds incredibly fishy...at least the way you described it...
 
Sounds like another LLLL.com scammer. I would be suspicious with any buyer saying "just name your price", and any buyers with little itrader. If Paypal has opened an investigation you will not be getting the funds, just refund the payment and they will close the investigation.

You should also post this on the other forum if this is where the deal took place...
 
Thanks guys for all the help,

They closed his account over @ namepros.

If you want i can provide his name and email address for you guys.

Anybody know how to cancel the order if its already being ivestigated by paypal? Because i cant find a way
 
Call or email them, their phone support is good in my experience
 
If they have closed his account at Namepros it looks like it was a scammer, but with PalPal you never know, my account was suspended for no reason and they have blocked 2 payments I've made on the same date, one was a monthly pay for a server and the 2nd one for around 200 NNNNN.com's. Because of this my site ranking has dropped below Alexa 100k and I've lost all the NNNNN's :( so if the PalPal payment is on hold use Escrow. Who knows...maybe it was 9MM ;)
 
Humm...
Same person wanted to buy my domains at NP.
I saw it's new member with 1 TR.
1 TR came from another new member.
This another new member's signup date was same as "image".
So, I asked for escrow.com and communication stopped.

You need be more careful when you buy or sell.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom