• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

A Little Ticked at Bob Parsons of GoDaddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

foundrstack

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,376
Reaction score
354
Please see his blog posts about domain kiting or aka the add/drop scheme:

http://www.bobparsons.com/adddropscheme.html
http://www.bobparsons.com/DomainKiting.html
http://www.bobparsons.com/MayKiting.html


1 - I think he's exaggerating
2 - His rants and raves are obviously for publicity
3 - He's making good people like us be labeled as bad guys - due to the public not understanding the differences between legit parking and 'domain kiting'.
4 - Read my response:

Bob, you should have been clearer about the technicalities. But you weren't. Technically, all domain names are "parked" at a server, resulting in the term "parked domain name". But the catch-all phrase is confusing consumers.

There is a big difference between owning a domain name and parking it at a PPC Search engine to make a few bucks, versus participating in the add/drop scheme.

Because you didn't define these differences, now people are going to think that all domains that park at PPC Search Engines are participating in the add/drop scheme.

I suggest you write another article to clear this up before it backfires on GoDaddy.

ARG! :laser:

OMG, BOB. You care about us, Bob! You're such a great guy, bob! :laser:

What's funny is Godaddy does similar things with TDNam.com and provides parking services. I'm sitting back waiting for people to start accusing them of participating.......
 
I must say its pretty odd to see one of the most unethical registrars out there trying to play the ethics card and pointing fingers.
 
hmm, how is GoDaddy/Parson unethical?
 
NameJet said:
I must say its pretty odd to see one of the most unethical registrars out there trying to play the ethics card and pointing fingers.

Please explain. You mean unethical by accusing their competitors to gain extra free publicity? :embaressed_smile:

GoDaddy must be "honest" (less dishonest) somehow, because their company still doesnt make money :devil_smile:
 
When it comes to money, everyone is of the same religion.
 
"In the kingdom of the blind, the man with one eye is king". GoDaddy are not perfect, but they stand far above most other registrars. That's a fact. If you think GoDaddy are just as bad, you haven't gotten around enough. I know who the truly bad and dishonest registrars are. GoDaddy happen to not be in that group.
 
I agree... although I rarely use GD for my domains (I prefer Enom's interface and ease of use more), I have to give mad props to GD's customer service. top nothc with all experiences I've had with them
 
Just visited the blog today here.

Read some comments posted:

very interesting article.. I have visited accidently such sites and wondered how many links forwarded me to the same pages over and over again.. Now, I knew how it works..
Thanks for article.. keep it going!

Bob-

I'm starting to realize the effect of what you're talking about. I have been searching tirelessly for a domain name for a new company, and every domain name, good or mediocre, is taken, and it seems only about 5% of them are real websites, the others are just parked pages with links. Whether or not they're kiters, I don't know, but it still makes the process frustrating!

See how people are confusing the two? I think its time we piped up before it gets out of hand. While I'm grateful at Bob's efforts against "Domain Kiting", I don't appreciate the catch all phrase and I don't appreciate him not fully explaining the differences. Am I over reacting?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom