Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed about appraisals please read thanks

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I notice that people including me put thier domain names up for a honest appraisal. I have come across very ignorant responses for domains that people feel are not valuable. Yes you are giving your honest opinion but thier is no need to be an a** about it. example- your domain is worth less than your registration fee you paid for it, or negative comments like that. So please save your childish comments, it might make you look more professional later down the line with your evaluations.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I second that - and I was one of those A**s.

Originally posted by eddie1278
I notice that people including me put thier domain names up for a honest appraisal. I have come across very ignorant responses for domains that people feel are not valuable. Yes you are giving your honest opinion but thier is no need to be an a** about it. example- your domain is worth less than your registration fee you paid for it, or negative comments like that. So please save your childish comments, it might make you look more professional later down the line with your evaluations.

English is not my first language, so I am learning English from this forum.
A** = Person who value domain(s) worth less than registration fee or give negative comments.
Negative Comments = Childish comments and unprofessional.

If someone's place a "childish comment" on sex.com saying it worths $0, would that stop most people from buying sex.com at $100 or more? If someone place a "mature comment" on laskfasldkfweroi.com and say it is worth eighty thousand bucks, will that make most people want to buy that domain even at $10?

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with eddie1278. There is no doubt that we have some people with great knowledge when it comes to the domain speculating game on this forum. However it is sad to see that some of these people fail to conduct themself in a proper business manner. Politeness is one of the major factors in business today. I've read some of your appraisals, and it makes me sad to see how rude and obnoxious some of these appraisals are. Of course people wants your opinon when it comes to the apprasial, but it is no reason for being rude and obnoxious
in your posts. There is better way to give someone a bad appraisal ofr their domain.

You know who you people are, and it's time to shape up. Behaviours and comments like these won't make you successful.
Some of the harshest comments tend to come from people that don't care to share their own domains for appraisal or people that have really bad domains themself and condemning others for registering them.

It's like eddie1278 said: Conducting yourself in a proper manner now will make you look more professional on a later stage. :)

No matter how you dress it up, people never like being told their name has no value.

You should have faith in the domains you register and not rely on having your ego stroked by other people just to make you feel good - ego strokes don't pay the bills.

The irony is, many of the people who make the more cutting appraisals already *are* successful. They have nothing to gain by posting buddy appraisals so they just deliver their opinion without a sugar coating.

domingo

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I want a fair appraisal for my domains, and I know that people giving negative or bad comments, are my best critics. The simple reason is becuase next time, I would be more careful in registering names. I dont need buddy appraisals at all. I can give you hundreds of examples when my names were appraised at US$50K, and no one was willing to buy them at $50.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The irony is, many of the people who make the more cutting appraisals already *are* successful. They have nothing to gain by posting buddy appraisals so they just deliver their opinion without a sugar coating.

I believe that people here are not looking for buddy appraisals (at least I'm not), but rather appraisals that make sense wheather someone think it's a good or bad domain. Read some of the appraisals made by some of the members on this form, and you will see what I'm talking about. To me it sounds more like a rude comment rather than expressing an opinion in a proper way. Ethics and communication skills are essential in this business, and it should not be hard to act accordingly on this level. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators