• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers Accomplished Technology News Site: BetaDot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

compuXP

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2005
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
I'm currently working on a really large scale new project, and figured it would be best to let go of some of my older sites. I've been somewhat reluctant to let go of BetaDot.com due to the amazing potential I see in it, but I think it's for the best to allow me to focus my efforts in this new project.

www.BetaDot.com

This is a very large, professionally designed technology news site, with some expansions in to areas such as guides and help - however, there was never any strong focus on these areas. The site is powered by WordPress, allowing you to easily modify every part of the site, and easily add articles.

Combined with the BetaDot Archives at http://archive.betadot.com the site has well over 600 articles posted. The site has been online since June 2005.

In the last few weeks writing has slowly petered off due to focuses on other projects, and most of our writters graduating university/college, and thus, having to move on with their lives and not having time to write for BetaDot anymore. Finding authors was never difficult, a quick post on DNF, SPF or various technology related forums always brought a handful of interested writers.

It's fairly hard to judge profit, as most of our writers were paid by sticking their adsense code on the articles they wrote (there's no reason the buyer would have to continue with this method), however, at the beginning of this year when I personally wrote for it steadily (as in, an article every other day or so) for a few weeks, the site averaged $20 / day (this includes the every-other-day that I didn't write!) with many $35-$50 days. Each article brings more traffic, assumingly, if I had done two or three articles / day I could've made substantially more.

Traffic is grossly dependant on how well written, how unique and how the articles do in the search engines, where they get picked up (I can give the buyer some tips to get 3000+ legitimate uniques in one day from one article, depending on the content - even more if it's Digg/Slashdot worthy)

The domain is hosted at NameCheap.com, and will be transfered along with the site. BetaDot.com and Archive.BetaDot.com are the properties of the site which ownership will be transfered - the BetaDot design and logo will become your exclusive property and permission to change any part of the site will be extended to you.

Lets start the bids at $1,000 US dollars, payable by Paypal to my partner's verified Canadian business Paypal account at auction end. RESERVE IS SET. Questions can be handled via PM.


- thank you.


(Brokered Sale)
 
If I could afford this site, I'd go for it. Good work compuXP.
 
2 inquiries received; no actual offers made yet. Revenue & Traffic stats in the mentioned time period are available by private request. Recent stats not available because of the way we've structured the authors. Details in private request.
 
Could you please PM the traffic stats and if possible some revenue stats.
 
please forward me stats for traffic and revenue. Also how much do you pay your writers?

is there a BIN
 
3 messages sent - and yes, we have a BIN in mind.... are you interested in buying it now?

We do not pay our writers; rather the site has a revenue sharing script installed so that for each article an author writes, their ad code is displayed and they get 100% of each click-through profit.
 
A couple offers received but too low. Still accepting REASONABLE offers. Thank you.
 
What's the minimum offer at this point?
 
Keikor, PM being sent in a moment.

Minimum offer so far is $800.
 
Hi,
How easy is it to add articles , images etc ?
Is there an admin panel for doing this or do you need html experience?
How much traffic is site currently getting?
How much revenue is currently being generated?

What is BIN price?
 
Nice site... I'll go $1000.
 
Chili: You and another member are tied offers at $1000. If this is to sell, one must offer higher.

EUROPEAN: It's powered by WordPress, so it's extremely easy. There is an admin panel. PM sent with traffic & revenue information.

BIN is $3500.
 
Oh Keikor... I know you're dyin to put YPN up on this... LOL
I know some Mac/Ipod addicts that would love to write for this site.

$1300
 
Chili said:
Oh Keikor... I know you're dyin to put YPN up on this... LOL
I know some Mac/Ipod addicts that would love to write for this site.

$1300

LOL Chili, exactly. although i am no mac fan, but i definitely am interested in getting ipod contents for the site.

$1400 :plane:
 
Current high offer is $1400. When the owner gets back online, I'll inform him of this thread and the offers.

Alright; owner has been informed. This deal will close next week some time. Until then, offers still accepted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom