Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Account approval process for new members

eMan

Reaction score
I'm new to dnforum. I applied Sunday or Monday. After completing the registration form and sending it, I read a message that I will receive an email when a decision has been made. I waited for that email until today, March 9, 2022, but did not see it in my inbox nor spam folder. Today I decided to click around here at the forum, click refresh a few times, enter a message to admin asking what length of time is normal to wait. Surprise, surprise, surprise! Apparently a decision to accept my application was made on Monday the 7th of March, 2022, according to information I read in my account page that I stumbled into. I'm very glad to be here. I feel awkward about making this suggestion. Still, if this is what happens for all new members, that they get told to wait for an email and an email never comes, then the approval process needs to be changed in some way. I do not know what change would be best. Maybe an automated emailing could be programmed into the system so the burden to send out an email does not fall on the administrator who checks out the application and makes the approval. Or maybe, instead of having a message appear after entering the application that says wait for an email notice that a decision has been made, just tell the applicant to come back tomorrow and either refresh the page or try logging in and see whether your account has been established yet or not. Anyhow, like I said before, I'm very glad to be here. I look forward to participating in the days ahead and onward from there. Best wishes, Tom (aka eMan).

Upvote 0

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm new to dnforum. I applied Sunday or Monday. After completing the registration form and sending it, I read a message that I will receive an email when a decision has been made. I waited for that email until today, March 9, 2022, but did not see it in my inbox nor spam folder. Today I decided to click around here at the forum, click refresh a few times, enter a message to admin asking what length of time is normal to wait. Surprise, surprise, surprise! Apparently a decision to accept my application was made on Monday the 7th of March, 2022, according to information I read in my account page that I stumbled into. I'm very glad to be here. I feel awkward about making this suggestion. Still, if this is what happens for all new members, that they get told to wait for an email and an email never comes, then the approval process needs to be changed in some way. I do not know what change would be best. Maybe an automated emailing could be programmed into the system so the burden to send out an email does not fall on the administrator who checks out the application and makes the approval. Or maybe, instead of having a message appear after entering the application that says wait for an email notice that a decision has been made, just tell the applicant to come back tomorrow and either refresh the page or try logging in and see whether your account has been established yet or not. Anyhow, like I said before, I'm very glad to be here. I look forward to participating in the days ahead and onward from there. Best wishes, Tom (aka eMan).
Hi,

We have a system in place for stopping forum spammers and people who just come here for promoting their products unrelated to domain names.

Sometimes this system does not approve even a genuine account because of shared IP and etc. I make sure and approve those accounts.

I appreciate your suggestion and send it forward to @Anita & team.

Thanks for taking the time and giving a suggestion.

Furquan

Domain summit 2024

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators