Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Admitted scammer exposed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeRohiLL

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At this very second I am typing through IM to an admitted domain scammer - long story short - he attempted to buy a domain from me - used someone else's PayPal to initiate and make payment - when I didn't accept the payment he made by eCheck - it told the PayPal account holder that it canceled. The PayPal account owner emailed me asking what the payment was for and that they didn't know the claimed buyer - and didn't initiate or even know about the payment sent to me!!!

Hope I didn't confuse too much. I'm acquiring all of the details & evidence to post here soon.

If I'm allowed to post the email, I will pending a mod or admin approval.

Here is the IM so far:

12/24/2008 10:39:04 AM Travis: picking domain owners to rip off is a dumb move man
12/24/2008 10:39:54 AM Johny: nah, its a good move actually
12/24/2008 10:40:00 AM Johny: i'm just curious
12/24/2008 10:40:06 AM Johny: who do you guys think I am this time ?

------------------------------------UPDATE
------------------------------------

OK, I'm going to do my best to describe the time line of events.

On 12/16 I posted a domain for sale at several similar venues. I did not post it here because the purchase of this domain was made here.

After receiving several private offers and a post offer, I received an IM on 12/22 from "Johny", later found to be laruca at DP. Apparently, not the only user his email,
[email protected], is associated with.

As you can see on 12/22, we agreed to a price if no higher offers were received.

This morning, I received another IM from
[email protected], inquiring about the acquisition of the name. As soon as I agreed and gave him payment details, he sent payment via Non Verified PayPal eCheck. I rapidly declined the eCheck, and sent confirmation to [email protected] - his IM address, and [email protected] - the address the paypal payment was sent from.

In a matter of minutes I was receiving emails from the owner of [email protected]:

Code:
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:37:44 -0600
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Fwd: Payment Cancelled]

Hi

Would you be so kind as to tell me what this is?
My Reply:

Code:
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:39:24 -0600
 Subject: [Re: Fwd: Payment Cancelled]

Hello,

I sell internet investment properties, and this individual "Johny"  ([EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL]) sent me an agreed payment of $1880 via PayPal from your email address.

Did you make or authorize this payment?

He used your email to attempt to pay for an item. 

I was the seller he was attempting to pay. 

I look forward to your reply. 

-Zh

And Finally:

Code:
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:46:27 -0600
Subject: [Re: Re: Fwd: Payment Cancelled]

Travis

I do not know who this person is. Please advise.
Shortly after my correspondence with the PayPal account owner, and some Google love, I associated his email with his DP accounts. I again contacted "Johny" via IM.

As you can see he didn't mind admitting to attempting to scam either of us, my domain or the PayPal account.

If you happen to run into this SCAB, pick him and flick him.

DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE DOING BUSINESS.

Last edited:

INVIGOR

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Man, this is just getting more and more brazen lately. $239 for Portfolio Max Lock at Moniker is looking better and better.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For $239 you can also buy a loaded gun :laser:

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At this very second I am typing through IM to an admitted domain scammer - long story short - he attempted to buy a domain from me - used someone else's PayPal to initiate and make payment - when I didn't accept the payment he made by eCheck - it told the PayPal account holder that I canceled. The PayPal account owner emailed me asking what the payment was for and that they didn't know the claimed buyer - and didn't initiate or even know about the payment sent to me!!!

Hope I didn't confuse too much. I'm aquiring all of the details & evidence to post here soon.

If I'm allowed to post the email, I will pending a mod or admin approval.

Here is the IM so far:

12/24/2008 10:39:04 AM Travis: picking domain owners to rip off is a dumb move man
12/24/2008 10:39:54 AM Johny: nah, its a good move actually
12/24/2008 10:40:00 AM Johny: i'm just curious
12/24/2008 10:40:06 AM Johny: who do you guys think I am this time ?

Who is this guy and what paypal email address did they send payment from so no one gets scammed?

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If anyone's taking bets, I'll have a 10 on 9mm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom