Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Adult Pics???

Status
Not open for further replies.

iBizStart

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you have been in the adult industry for a while, maybe you can help me.

For example you start your own site. Where are you to get the pictures/videos from? Can you just use them from other sites without their permission? Is there a place to rent them out. All information would be greatly appreciated.

lopramine45

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
a lot of sites have recycled pics. there are places that are probably rent them out. you probably want to get permission to be on the safe side. :)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AdultContent.ca is one place. Just search google for adult content or the like..

lopramine45

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i don't want to check right now, if you know what I mean

yanni

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most sponsors will give you free content. You can also by really cheap content.
DON'T use other sites' pics without permission.

Get resources and an education here http://charlie.ynotmasters.com/ before you start out in adult.

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depends on what type of site you are trying to do. If your doing a Pic of the Day site then you only need to get a small set and rotate them or simply use free (usually crappy) sponsor provided material. If your using a TGP you don't need them at all since you simply link to other peoples galleries. If its a paysite then yes you need to go all out and buy your own content and make sure you get a license with it. If you just go around using other peoples content expect to get sued.

TopNames.com

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not to mention you need to comply with 2257 in the US. If you can't prove the age of the people in your photos, you could be looking at jail time...and I'm not kidding.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can save some $ and make your own d:) d:) d:)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
matrixcontent.com has a lot of pics.

Frontline

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Matrix has some of the best quality out there and you pay for what you get. However, alot of people (me included) will never go with Matrix again after they released their customer database to a company threatening lawsuit and therefore we all got nice letters saying we were violating trademarks (which most people ignored cause they had no merit). Just be careful who you are doing business with :)

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow. Sorry to hear this.
What company did they release your data to?
What trademarks ,they said, you were violating?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unless you have decent traffic to send, I personally wouldn't recommend adult - it's a tough business and payouts have never been worse.

In regards to content - no need to buy it...many adult sponsors provide lots of free content to start with ... a sponsor I've had good success with is NastyDollars.com.

2257 applies to those who shoot content - stick with "stock" photos and you should have no probs - no guarantees of course, but unless you're promoting underage stuff or really explicit content (rape, scat, blood, etc) you're likely not going to be targeted by anyone.

As I said above, 2257 is for producers and generally not something you need to post on your site - if it makes you feel better, you could put a link to the producer's website 2257 notice and/or to a redacted copy of the models contract (some companies will provide them upon request). Personally, I wouldn't worry about all that stuff for the reasons I wrote above.

If you have general traffic - you'd likely do better to send it to non-adult affiliate programs...click over to Commission Junction ( cj.com ) or LinkShare - or perhaps even try Google's adwords if you already have some developed websites.

Hope that helps...

Oh lastly, since this is the adult sales forum...here are some select adult oriented domains for sale:

(domains listed for sale here deleted)

Ron

Last edited:

pam

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good to see that post, Sleazy -- that was downright nasty what was done to all of us.

As for content, use someone else's and it's copyright infringement, a Federal offense in the USA. Many of us sue for that :)

Go to Cozy Academy (www.cozyacademy.com) and look up content providers. What type of site are you doing? Paysite? TGP? Free sites?

Sure, you can use sponsor provided content, just like every other newbie out there, and every experienced surfer has seen it and will pass it by.

Ounique.com has a lot of content but remember, everyone else is buying the same content for their sites, too.

You can 'lease' content but ..... feh.

Talk to a good attorney about 18 USC 2257 and don't get your legal advice on webmaster boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators