Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Advice Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmacdon

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I have some 2L dot ca names and am wondering about parking them - Are they risky to park due to TM issues? You would never know what ads would pop up.

Thanks in advance,
Rob

Domain summit 2024

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no point in parking them the revenue does not outweigh the risk.

It would be better to forward them directly to a make offer page.

-=DCG=-

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That really depends upon the two letters: we did a deal for a two-character domain only after we parked it using our own parking page as the buyer thought the domain was otherwise in use until then. If you out a 'for sale' sign up you are not much better off if there are TM issues.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This may seem like a newbie question but…can anyone show an example of what they are using as a "for sale" page?

I'm thinking in terms of a end-user who doesn't know the game, where if they land on a parked page or are instantly forwarded to another site, they might see that it's "in use" and just move on.

I've got some sites that do get some traffic and I want to make it painfully obvious that the domain is for sale and not having to rely on a small, out of the way "This domain may be for sale" link

Thanks

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the term in this case should be "possible" TM issues as I think Rob's concern is just with parking and not knowing if possible TM ads would appear on the page.
Forwarding to a "Make Offer" page with no ads should be enough to smooth that over.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Digital Consulting Group could complete the Domain Trader template to make the site look a bit better. ;)

rmacdon

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appreciate the responses -
Sounds like a for sale page is the way to go - Now to decide if "make offer" or to put a buy price. I think the hard thing with 2L domains is establishing a price.

--Rob

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps Digital Consulting Group could complete the Domain Trader template to make the site look a bit better.

The site's sole purpose is to sell my own domains without paying a commission and so far it has worked well.

-=DCG=-

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is certainly better than using Sedo, but just the same, I would fill in all of the pages to give it a bit of polish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators