Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Advice on domain selling!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drbiohealth

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could anybody suggest if ebay is an effective platform for selling domain names?

Could somebody with their experience elaboate on their fee structure for diaplaying/selling a domain name?

Thanks much,

Domain Summit 2024

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Whether believable or not, the unrecognized member known as Onyx is not as amateur as my posts may portray me to be. Thus not the ultimate speculator around, I still have manage to sell over 60 domains in less then one years time. All of which were not even close to premium domains. I find the best strategy is to go after niche, saturated markets. In addition, utilizing search engines to find the best places to pitch these domains works great as well. Forums, chats, networks, anywhere. Format a vague, persuasive email. Use this exact template for every 'domain for sale' related email you send. Change around some words and make it seem like the email was composed just for them. You may also want to use DomainSurfer to lookup domains registered with similar keyword(s) to find some email contacts.

But do not expect to just sit on your ass and wait for people to contact you through your whois info. Get out, haggle. "I was hoping to get $XXXX amount for the domain, however, I too know how it feels to be on a limited budget. Therefore, I'll give you the domain for $XXX". Meanwhile your intentions the entire time were to get a three figure sum. People eat that up. They like the satisfaction of getting over on you, or getting a special deal.

Blah, done typing. Best of luck... bye!

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You'll know if your name is any good if you put it on ebay. Lots of names get no bids.

If you get bids over $50, chances are its a good name, but ebay is not the place to sell it for top dollar. Its a bargain basement.

K

kingdon

E-Bay is for bottom feeders, It's a great place to buy things, and a horrible place to sell anything. Everyone is so cut throat, I think Onyx has the right idea, grab e-mail contacts and send a generic message to everyone and see who bites. Good luck,

Don

all4cost

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'VE ACTUALLY SOLD 5 TIMES MORE STUFF AT YAHOO AUCTIONS THAN EBAY - BUT - THE OTHERS ARE RIGHT ........ DON'T EXPECT MUCH IF YOU DON'T PUT IN MUCH ..... P.S. - IF YOU SELL ANYTHING ON AUCTIONS - YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR PROFIT AND COST IN YOUR SHIPPING/TRANSFER FEE (KEEP AS LOW AS POSSIBLE) BECAUSE THEY DO NOT CHARGE FINAL FEES ON SHIPPING :)
I'VE SOLD BULK ITEMS FOR A DOLLAR - MADE $160 - PAID LIKE $1.20 TO AUCTION SITE..........

all4cost ........

Gomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I concur, Onyx (and congratulations on your success). I just got back into this domain craziness around 6 weeks ago and have sold three domains through e-mail thus far. My best sales have been from people calling me out of the blue, but that was back in the good 'ol days.

I think it's worth re-emphasizing that the e-mails be as personalized as possible. You don't want to appear as spam in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators