Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

advice on nnn.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankburns

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, need your advice. Not asking for your detailed transaction details etc..

But im about to embark on reselling nnn.coms

1. cant seem to find a decent one less than <30K or so
2. How long is the average sale for these nnn.com?
3. How bad do 4s in the mix reduce value?
4. Is the demographic mostly the Asian market or elsewhere?

Again not fishing or anything inappropriate just trying to get a handle on the premium nnn.com market

PM me if you want to offer anything useful.

Domain Summit 2024

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is your problem, everyone else has the same idea.

Honestly, pass on these, too little inventory and too high of reseller prices, little margins. While they held well through 2008 in terms of price that was due to demand (yes Asian and speculation) and while the prices have slowly increased you are hard pressed to find a quick flip, trust me. If you do find a fairly priced one, think long term.

Not saying give up on the plan for nnn but accept the fact you will fail 99% of the times you try, nature of the biz.

Good luck "Frank" .

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Only the asian (especially chinese) used numbers. It's a three nnn domain, the price is too high and limited buyer for a quick flip.

IMHO

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, need your advice. Not asking for your detailed transaction details etc..

But im about to embark on reselling nnn.coms

1. cant seem to find a decent one less than <30K or so
2. How long is the average sale for these nnn.com?
3. How bad do 4s in the mix reduce value?
4. Is the demographic mostly the Asian market or elsewhere?

Again not fishing or anything inappropriate just trying to get a handle on the premium nnn.com market

PM me if you want to offer anything useful.

find Mr Peabody and take the wayback machine to the year 2002 and you can buy them @ $$$ a wop

:)

but on the real.....

only a year or two ago, prices ranged $10K > $18K

and the domainers i know who own some, really don't "have" to sell to stay afloat.

which means, flippers and lowballers will be ignored.

imo....

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When selling to Asians, I guess some numbers are more desirable than others right ?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The OP should still be able to find some with a 4 in them for <$25K, but it may have to be in a bulk sale of 3 or so NNN.com's. Not long ago I saw one go for below $20K so that still happens with a motivated seller wanting cash but it's getting to be the exception. NNN.com buyers are usually loaded and don't go for quick flipping

Asians (esp Chinese and the like) will always avoid a 4. They're the primary buyers of numerics and most don't need or want to resell quickly, esp in the NNN.com category. Now the NNNN.com class is getting pretty high-end, some are selling for around $5K, and not so great ones. I'd normally say it's a bubble and not to participate in that buyout unless you wanna be left holding the bag at a later time, but this one has to do with such limited supply, there are only 10,000 NNNN.com's. But don't be surprised if the NNNN.com prices go down to around $1K again, the pool of buyers may shrink if the world economy worsens. But people who buy NNN.com's usually hold them a long time, they're the wrong type for quick turn-arounds. And when you reach that level of $25K and above the ROI has a different meaning, ie if I buy one NNN.com for $25K and sell it for $27.5K in a couple of months I've made $2,500 just for sitting on a numeric, and no one can tell me "I only made a 10% return"

If the OP has a good money cushion he should go for any NNN.com he can get at a good price. Buyers will come to him, expect an avg of one email a day for any NNN.com you own, someone I know gets this and many are from Chinese brokers. As JP said, they held well in the 2008 carnage and the prices have increased steadily if you look at a % basis. Same story for the NNNN.com's but the rise in these is more recent, and I agree speculation from Chinese domainers drove demand up. But if you look at the rise in prices as a % as opposed to absolute value, NNN.com's are still in line with other types. If you manage to do a quick resale the margins may be narrow but these are the types of domains where if you price them at $25K someone may offer you $30K just as easy, and days later you may get a $35K offer, rich people move in increments of thousands and not hundreds. Still, there's always a chance of getting burned when playing in the big leagues :suspicious:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom