Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Advise Needed On Selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hello all,

i currently have a domain www.4seek.com and am attempting to sell it to www.4-seek.com

My name is regged with an Aussie company, www.godomains.com.au

My question is, if they do decide to purchase it, how would i transfer the name to them. Maybe a stupid question but I really have no idea.

Thanks
Mike

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
really need your help here members, in case they accept my price, now i wouldnt want to look like a Greenhorn lol

The main problem i have is that the registrar that i am with does not allow "pushing" names.

So I would have to transfer from 1 registrar to anoth and this is where i need help

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lucky them to get a name without a hyphen - good luck on getting your price.

You could do 1 of 2 things.

1. Get an account at NamesDirect.com (that's where 4-seek.com is registered), and transfer it there yourself - maybe they have a push function, I don't know.

2. Advise your buyer that you will okay the transfer from the current registrar after they initiate the transfer request.

Lats...

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cheers Lats,

gives me the option i need.

I am only asking 150usd for it. i am sure this is a more than good price for the premier name for their business

Lats

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They're getting a bargain there for sure.

Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Lats...

cxz

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
150 is cheap, if 4-seek is up.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Easiest would be to transfer it to another registrar like Opensrs or eNom

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RJ is right...

you might be able to get a free enom.com retail account from someone here so it costs you about $9 us dollars to transfer a domain name. once you have the enom account they have an option to transfer a domain from elsewhere and what it does is basically email the previous owner (you) and asks for email confirmation that you want to transfer the domain. once they get the confirmation the transfer to your enom account is handled automatically. then all you do is either create them a new enom account and push the domain into it then give them the name/password or state that they need to register themselves and then provide you with their enom.com account name.

the reason its best to get a retail enom.com account from a domainer here is you can pay by credit card for just the one transaction. with a cheaper reseller account you need to credit $100 dollars up front. but the most important thing is a retail account from someone here is about $21 cheaper than a basic enom one you can get for free from their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators