Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

AdWords Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you use a pre-created account with some bonus like GBP75? I suspect that you actually bought one of these accounts from a guy and then did not change the password but just add your CC? Is this the case?

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nope,
I regged this acct 5 years ago & I change pwds regularly

AVC

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it was fraud then contact your credit card company and tell them. They will probably contact Google on your behalf. You may have to sign an affidavit of fraud and also report it to the authorities. In fact I would contact the police about it after calling the credit card company.

Without you taking these steps Google is not going to listen to you. They certainly will after this though. You perhaps got a key logger installed on your computer and it sent off your adwords password to whom ever and they simply logged in to your account and did the damage. In the end Google will have to accept it was fraud and deal with you but you have to do it right and report the fraud. Get busy and make those calls.

Let us know the results.

###

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Letter to BBB
AdWords Disaster

I was using AdWords for many years. The operation seemed to be smooth till it hit a snag. I had a relatively small daily ad spending limit at around $100. Suddenly in May of '08 Google started charging me literally hundreds of dollars. It appears that Google unilaterally changed my daily limits to $13,000.
For clicks that I previously paid $0.15 to $0.80 they started charging me up to $10. Google managed to completely deplete my credit. My attempts to rectify the
situation go nowhere.

It's also possible that my account got hacked. Both daily limits and spending limits were drastically changed upward.

The following Ad Words projects were added to my account:

Cash Loan
Get Cash Loan up to $1500.
Apply online - cash in 1 hour.
loan.howaboutpostal.com

with a daily budget [ $5,389.25 / day ]
and

{KeyWord:Cash Loan}
No fax cash loans up to $1500.
Apply Now & Get Cash in 1 Hour.
cashloan.chapicentro.com
with a daily budget [ $6,899.10 / day ]

My numerous requests to rectify the problem went nowhere. Google hasn't responded to my emails.
My account currently is inactive.
Your assistance in addressing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Funny how it says $100/day in this post but $50/day in his first post.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dn-101 is not a very trustworthy person.

i find anything he says very hard to believe.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
mjnels is still fuming over the last year's estimate of his & his .mobi buddies portfolio values.
We used the standard accounting technique to value his mostly .MOBI portfolio and came up with a NEGATIVE $77,300 valuation using a five-year investment horizon.
His portfolio can be seen at that mobi hive site for the intellectually challenged :yes:

exponent

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Top 5 Domains
MOBI MOBI MOBI MOBI MOBI !

LOL.

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mjnels is still fuming over the last year's estimate of his & his .mobi buddies portfolio values.
We used the standard accounting technique to value his mostly .MOBI portfolio and came up with a NEGATIVE $77,300 valuation using a five-year investment horizon.
His portfolio can be seen at that mobi hive site for the intellectually challenged :yes:

being that my portfolio never has been posted publicly, this is another lie just like blaming google for increasing your ad budget.

you must be referring to your junk .mobi registrations... god those were terrible dn-101. i still have nightmares about them. next time dont register garbage and you will save yourself some tears.

dn-101 signed up at our .mobi forum 5-10 times after being banned each time.. really unfunny guy who's attempts at humor make me feel sorry for him.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I find it very hard to believe that Google would change your AdWords settings without you knowing it. So, I do believe that you mistakenly changed the numbers yourself. I guess this can happen; it's an honest mistake.

Another possibility would be that someone else got access to your account. I'm sure Google has access logs. They must have some type of records documenting the changes in your AdWords campaigns. Did you have any AdWords consultant or an employee managing PPC campaigns for you? Anybody else who could have gotten your password?

But if you are so sure about not having done anything wrong and that the error is on GOOG's side, I'd say go to your credit card company and try to get the money back. Talk to your lawyer, too. Not sure how the members of this forum can help you out with this...

The Leader

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Google made major changes to get more relevant search results and somehow made millions on the process. Go figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom