Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

Affiliate re-direct brag + idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilfra

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I picked up the domain of a former (small) hosting company in a GoDaddy drop auction for $30 and parked it. It was Alexa 1,000,000ish but got quite a bit of traffic, over 500 per day counting 404's. Parked it made me $0.25-$1.50 a day - not a bad return.

I decided to try and re-direct the traffic to my host, dreamhost.com, as they pay $97 per referral. This has worked out fantastically. After less than a month I have already gotten four (!!) signups. That is nearly $400 in less than a month.

So anybody with hosting traffic I would recommend testing a redirect to dreamhost. I imagine it converts so well because of what an awesome host it is.

And curious if anybody else has other affiliate programs they have used with great success to re-direct traffic. I know some do not allow this, I checked with dreamhost and they do. I have lots of traffic domains that I would love to destroy PPC income on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom