Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Aftermarket domain sales/auction site with excellent potential (I'm serious)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Take a look at DomainApex.com It is an aftermarket domain sales/auction site ran by DirectNic, a reputable, established registrar. I believe it has excellent potential. You will see some obvious bogus bids but this is practically unavoidable with a site of this nature. The site is fairly new but very functional and has produced several offers for me already. Personally, I purchase domains for development but for those that I'm willing to sell, I feel this is as good of a venue as any. On one occasion I emailed support about a minor issue and they responded within an hour so needless to say I was very impressed. There is no fee to list.

Domain summit 2024

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
looks promising...
hopefully, they will actually give the money to the sellers. :)
not like how afternic keeps it for itself.

Eric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Currently your not even required to use their escrow services. I prefer escrow.com for private sales but if a buyer is found through an auction site, I'll normally give them the business if its a simple sale.

Eric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The lowcap domains with unusually high offers or bids will be obvious. Otherwise it may be a little difficult to tell sometimes unless you see a pattern. It’s fairly easy shillers to remain anonymous. I bet the bigger auction sites eventually go to a new ID verification similar to that being implemented by eBay. It doesn't really affect me personally because I buy most domains privately. On the other hand it might unjustly discredit the site in the eyes of potential buyers that may or may not realize such bids are not legitimate.

Eric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy - I just noticed the domain in your sig. If you would consider selling it, I can put you in touch with someone who would be interested. Just email me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators