Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Afternic Reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I emailed closings@afternic.com telling them I want to remove my domains.

and I got this Reply :

Dear Afternic Member,

Hello and thank you for contacting Afternic.com. You will not have to remove them, the system will be removing the domains in each portfolio. If you currently have many in your portfolio, copy the list to a file in your computer, and delete the ones from your list that have expired to bring your list up-to-date. Then you may use the bulk uploader tool to place them in your portfolio again.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions and/or comments that you may have.

Best regards,

The Member Services Team

Support@Afternic.com
Afternic.com, The Domain Name Exchange

Domain summit 2024

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so I said I want them removed now please

so they now say :

Dear Afternic Member,

Hello and thank you for contacting Afternic.com. To accomplish a deletion of the domains you have listed will not happen immediately, as a request has to be sent to our technical department for them to remove. At this moment, the back log on these requests are mounting, and we are unable to give you a time frame for it's completion. If you wish for us to submit a request to the technical department, please respond to the email using the reply button. Include your Afternic username.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions and/or comments that you may have.

Best regards,

The Member Services Team

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
still have them there ???

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
AN was very good before Regsiter.com bought them. At that time, everything went downhill, and FAST.

About 6 months ago, I had not one but TWO names in closing for $5600. They guy had paid with a stolen credit card. In the AN escrow process, as soon as the buyper submits a payment, you are instructed to transfer the name. I emailed their support as well as called the 800 closings number literally 12 times. It took them 2 weeks to get back to me, and then it was not even Aftrnic that called me, it was somebody from Register.com. They merely said said "Not to transfer the name" beause of suspected fraudelnt activity.

Isn't this what an Escrow service is supposed to prevent? I thought it was funny how a few weeks ago in their URLy indicator (of which the content has dramatically decreased as well), that they werre going to start using an "outside" escrow service.

The comical conclusion to this whole thing was another week after I was contacted by Register.com via telephone, AN finally returned my email (now 3 weeks later) and said "you do not show has having any transactions in DNEscrow right now".

Geesh. The morons wonder why the site is not going well. . .

-Bob

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
How did you do that Benno? I removed all mine from auction, but I still have a bunch in my portfolio. Did you just remove them from auction or did you totally nuke them from your portfolio? If you removed them from your portfolio, how did you do that? I cannot find a way to do that task.

-Bob

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Ahhhhhh, thanks Benno. I guess I looked everywhere except there. NOw I am removing all my names. Should only take a 5-6 hours. heh heh.

DOH --------------> (8(I)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I USED TO delete names from AfterNIC like that. But for the past two days, I'm only able to Remove names from Auction; and when I click on "Not For Sale", it says "You currently have no domains in your portfolio that are not on auction." The truth is: they are showing on "All" but not "For Sale". Then when I click on the domain name link there, I was bounced to the "Members: Valuation Models" page!

How can you guys do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators