Afternic sold one of my CCC.COM for high 4 figures

• Dear DNForum.com user,

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. As we are based in Gibraltar which is part of the EU and we have customers all over the world we are obligated to follow the new regulation as of May 25, 2018.

Accordingly, although we must request full contact information from each of you so our systems and webpage may continue to function we will restrict processing and data transfers as much as possible. When logged into DNForum.com we will display only your chosen handle and no other specific information unless requested by you. In order to request your specific information be revealed please go into your account settings and check the radio boxes next to the information. By default all information is private.

To cover all aspects of GDPR we have published a new / updated agreement (which includes our terms and privacy policy) that will become effective on May 25, 2018. It may be found at: https://www.dnforum.com/help/terms/

Onward and upwards;

Best DNForum.com

Biggie

Staff member
Exclusive Member
Sep 4, 2002
GreenFriendly.com
www.urlpick.com
banner
That's a Super Duper Fantastic Great Awesome Sale

Congrats Castion

maybe they gonna use it for realestate, but in any event it's a big number and boost for 3 character .com

question: was that the BIN price or you negotiated it to that amount?

well done!

imo...

Castion

Managing director of DNForum.com
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
Thanks guys. I agree its an above average sale for sure.

That's a Super Duper Fantastic Great Awesome Sale

Congrats Castion

maybe they gonna use it for realestate, but in any event it's a big number and boost for 3 character .com

question: was that the BIN price or you negotiated it to that amount?

well done!

imo...

Would love to take more credit for the negotiation on this one, but afraid all credit goes to Afternic. I had it on make offer. Then got a price inquiry late March. Set a bin of 17K as I recall and a floor of high 4 figures and forgot about it. Woke up to the email this morning and funds were in at the same time (went through Godaddy so they were able to use CC even though it was above 5K my rep said).

Think the only thing I can take credit for is not accepting the many many low ball offers I had through the years.

Also yes it could be Real Estate, but could also be the MJ industry.. Its (not commonly used) slang for Reefer. Will try to sell them the accompanying .net once I learn who they are.

RobM

DNForum Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
Oct 12, 2003
Malta
banner
Because they are not the same letters and numbers (and the buyer wanted it) than the domain that sold.
That domain sale doesn't mean *all* CCN domains are worth the same. There are no general repeatable rules in domaining.
If the buyer was called, for example, Richard Ellis, he wouldn't want your domain.
If the buyer worked in, for example, Real Estate, he wouldn't want your domain.
You just have to wait and hope someone wants it.

Castion

Managing director of DNForum.com
Staff member
Administrator
Exclusive Member
May 9, 2006
CPH
banner
I have ot4.com, not getting offers like this, what may be the problem ?
Also I held it for 8 years before getting this offer and its not the only ccc.com I am holding. Sometimes you will get these offers and sometimes they will never materialise.