• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed AlanArkin.com - Academy award winner

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sunroof

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 28, 2006
Messages
829
Reaction score
0
Any ideas on this one? I picked it up about 6 months ago and just put it away. Does the fact that he won the Academy award for supporting actor give any value to it? Up to this point, I've just been pointing it to his bio page at Hollywood.com.

Maybe someone who is a fan would want it for a fan site. Auction it on ebay? Ask the actor if he wants it? I just became aware last week that he was even nominated, and I gather that he was a suprise winner, so I've given this name absolutley no thought for months. Thanks for any ideas you have.
 
can alan "take" it from you" maybe you shouldnt approach him
 
Despite once attending law school for a week and a half, I am not a lawyer and don't have an expert opinion on your domain's potential vulnerability.

I own the .com domain of an actress who is not super-famous, but is starring on a popular current TV series. When it showed up on a drop list, I reg'd it so I could offer it to her for free, as I enjoy her acting. No reply yet from her network (after I recently wrote to offer it).

Rather than run into possible intellectual property messiness, maybe you just want to offer your domain to Alan Arkin, no strings attached (through his publicist or agent or something)? Maybe he'd send you a nice souvenir that would be worth more now that he won the Oscar. :-)

(I know, other people's opinions will differ!)

Cheers,
Dave
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom