• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Alex Tew's MillionDollarHomePage 2: Pixelotto

Status
Not open for further replies.
even in the UK he would need some approval

OB
 
I bought a couple in the top left corner. Also when it says "$100,000" in the top, you can say that is how much he has already made. Since that is the prize fund. Double that to see how much the site has already gathered. Also, anybody take a look at his Alexa Rank for today? HOLY SHIT!
 
Anyone getting traffic from their ads?
 
Yeah, Alex Tew does.
 
12.7% now sold and it is now starting to hit the media as well.

This is internet advertising for you. Whether you like the idea or not it has to agreed that Alex Tew has done well again with this one.
 
I guess it's a matter of supporting the flag colors ;)

Frankly, this time from an advertiser's standpoint it has little value. From the standpoint of the "player" who clicks on the ads to win the jackpot, yes.
 
was in a newspaper i read daily
 
http://www.penny.co.in/

Now if you don't call that incentivised traffic, I don't know what is. Pointing a incentivised link to a sedo parked page.

Is penny.co.in on the pixel map?
Poor guy... his penny.co.in is parked but he won't make a single penny from parking. He is pointing to eurodns's nameservers. Poor guy pays for traffic in pixelotto, Sedo and eurodns slipt the profits.

Could not get the whois for that name, whois.ncst.ernet.in seems to be down at the moment, however judging from the fact that his nameservers point to eurodns and not to the actual sedo nameservers, he might have newly registered it and just grabbed a spot in the pixel map until he develops it.
 
Admin Name:Lewpen Kinross-Skeels
Domain Name:PENNY.CO.IN
Created On:08-Dec-2006 08:02:22 UTC
Expiration Date:08-Dec-2007 08:02:22 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Key-Systems GmbH (R48-AFIN
yes it is a new reg
 
Lucky guy gets screwed by having his domain show up in this soon indexed thread and it isn't even his doing... Nice.
 
I guess it's a matter of supporting the flag colors

Frankly, this time from an advertiser's standpoint it has little value. From the standpoint of the "player" who clicks on the ads to win the jackpot, yes.

Nice to see someone understands it.
 
no idea will tell you tomorrow
 
I have picelotto.com and it receives 2-3 visits a day - poor typo
 
I wonder if this means the pixel advertising craze is over. That's too bad, I had a good site idea in mind (not pixel advertising, but definitely catering to that audience)
 
google will see pixelotto as incentive clicks if anyone has adsense on their pages being advertised, more adsense accounts bite the dust.

Are you sure about that? Their's incentive to click on the pixel ad, not adsense.

I have picelotto.com and it receives 2-3 visits a day - poor typo

What were to expecting?
 
Regfee, I do not think the 'pixel' craze is over by a long way, it just needs to be matured in its approach to advertising.

I can see spin-offs emerging in the very near future, not pixel advertising exactly but utilizing the general idea. What we as domainers and web owners must do is be in the forefront of this maturing process. I am personally just about to bring a site online that partially uses the 'pixel' idea, but it would not pay for itself if it was just a copy, that I am sure about.

If you have an idea run with it, for you only get one shot at this life.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom